Week 14 Discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Week 14 Discussion

Postby onetwothree » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:14 pm

MNF game on the road and no Gronk. I've learned not to read too much into any Patriots loss. Beat the Steelers next week and they're tied again but will hold the tiebreaker.

I pity the fantasy team going against Brady next week.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:18 am

ericanadian wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:06 pm
1998 was understandable with Atlanta fired up over Dan Reeves cancer issues. It was a close game with a lot of emotion. Getting blown out by the Giants two years later was probably the worst one to me and really signaled the end for that offense. Robert Smith retired. Carter was out a year later. Culpepper got hurt and Moss derailed...
1998 was a heart breaker for a couple big reasons. The Vikings offense that year was just a dynamo. If I'm not mistaken, it was the most prolific offense in NFL history to that point. It's not as commonly remembered as being on that elite level because the VERY next year the "greatest show on turf" was considered a little bit better. The Vikings were absurdly good, though, and the favorites to win the Super Bowl that year. They had the Falcons game somewhat in the bag to get there, as well. Here's where the other heart breaker comes in: Gary Anderson. The guy was PERFECT on his kicks the entire season (35/35), the first ever kicker to not miss a kick all season. He was lined up for a dome chip shot, to put the Vikings up by 10 with 2 minutes left in the game, and he missed by inches...which was so unlike him. The Falcons (no slouch of at team whatsoever) then marched the field, tied the game to send it to overtime and Morten Anderson sealed the deal.

Getting blown out by the Giants...There was a lot of speculation that the Giants were tuning into the Vikings communication systems (listening in on play calls). Of course it wasn't ever proven, and sounds like simply complaining about a melt-down...but I'm not convinced. Teams have been caught cheating the system multiple times, so it's not like it's far-fetched whatsoever. It would have also been relatively easy, but it's still cheating, and the Vikings weren't the only team pushing for an investigation into the matter. It also isn't the only time the Giants have been accused of stealing radio signals.
Both the Eagles and the Vikings were pushing Tagliabue to investigate the Giants for stealing their radio transmissions. The NFL covered up this 2001 Spygate because the Giants were in the Super Bowl.
http://YourTeamCheats.com/NYG#Spygate-2001
Robert Griffith: "Whenever they made a check on defense, they knew exactly where we were at and what we were doing. It was almost like every play we had called, they had the counter to it."

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:59 am

I remember 98 (sort of) since we started partying so early in anticipation and then when the loss gut punch happened, really turning to a disgusting amount of shots of 100+ proof and whatever strip joint we ended up at, Sheik's? Vu? Not even sure which ones were open back then, but my fake ID got me in. The dome was a sad place to be and man we had good seat too. Not as good as the playoff loss to the Eagles with TJax starting though....
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:34 pm

Sounds like a good time

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:18 pm

Valhalla wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:18 pm
Friction wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:13 pm There has never been a bigger, more guaranteed lock than the Minnesota Vikings making the Super Bowl now. Lock it in. No way they mess this up, Case Keenum Super Bowl Co MVP with LeQuan Treadwell.
The economical advantages of the Super Bowl are gashed if the Vikings make it! MN small businesses everywhere are scheming of ways to hurt the Vikings! Vikings players better watch their knees!
Just kidding. Obviously the refs will screw the Vikings out of the Super Bowl when they are instructed to do so. Conspiracy!! 8-)
I'm fairly certain Kai Forbath will do them in.