John toss?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Re: John toss?

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:41 pm

Jason3123 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:22 pm You guys are missing my argument. I didn't say WR's who did "little", and I specifically said 1st round WR's. There are ZERO successful first round WR's who went catchless in year 1. That is my argument. I understand there are others. But that's not what I'm arguing. The fact is, Ross would be an outlier to be relevant at this point. Even if you did include the others. Don't waste your investment.
I got your argument, but it's a useless sample size. Using that data to predict anything is equivalent to superstition.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:43 pm

Yep toss

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:09 pm

Jason3123 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:22 pm You guys are missing my argument. I didn't say WR's who did "little", and I specifically said 1st round WR's. There are ZERO successful first round WR's who went catchless in year 1. That is my argument. I understand there are others. But that's not what I'm arguing. The fact is, Ross would be an outlier to be relevant at this point. Even if you did include the others. Don't waste your investment.
Then that's a stupid argument. There are far too few that meet the criteria to make it even a little relevant.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

frodo2003
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby frodo2003 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:55 pm

I have Ross in a couple of leagues and I am holding on to him.
I keep remembering Travis Kelce being drafted in 2013, playing 1 game with no stats, getting hurt and finally going on IR.
In a few leagues teams dropped him during the season and I was able to pick him up for nothing and just stashed him away.
Look at him now!!!
I also picked up Ross for nothing as a few teams have already dropped him.

Hoping lightning strikes twice!!!!

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:23 am

But it's not apples to apples. When you include all WR's who went catchless in their rookie year, almost all of them are a result of mediocre play. In Ross' case, it's due to injury. It's not like he played the whole season and didn't get a catch because he sucks.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:19 am

Rumor now has it that Cincy wanted Ross to play some CB in practice, questioning his toughness.

I mean good Lord:

1. You take Ross over Lattimore
2. You're questioning a guy that you drafted that had injury concerns.

There is no way that Marvin Lewis and co should even have a job right now, what a travesty.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:02 pm

ericanadian wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:09 pm
Then that's a stupid argument. There are far too few that meet the criteria to make it even a little relevant.
That's fine, just trying to help you avoid disappointment. Good luck!

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:57 pm

Servo wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:19 am Rumor now has it that Cincy wanted Ross to play some CB in practice, questioning his toughness.

I mean good Lord:

There is no way that Marvin Lewis and co should even have a job right now, what a travesty.
It's all starting to make sense now. I remember right after the draft that Ross said the Bengals coaching staff were discussing with him all the different ways they were going to use him. At the time it sounded good, that he'd be heavily involved. In hindsight it sounds horrible b/c they probably thought he was a gadget player and not a real receiver. I never thought Ross was the 2nd coming but I do think he's a real receiver. Why they spent a top 10 pick on him when clearly they didn't believe in him is really strange.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:12 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:57 pm
Servo wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:19 am Rumor now has it that Cincy wanted Ross to play some CB in practice, questioning his toughness.

I mean good Lord:

It's all starting to make sense now. I remember right after the draft that Ross said the Bengals coaching staff were discussing with him all the different ways they were going to use him. At the time it sounded good, that he'd be heavily involved. In hindsight it sounds horrible b/c they probably thought he was a gadget player and not a real receiver. I never thought Ross was the 2nd coming but I do think he's a real receiver. Why they spent a top 10 pick on him when clearly they didn't believe in him is really strange.
Hope he's not the next Ted Ginn...
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:44 pm

Come drsft time into leagues i avoided him everywhere. Small wr which i dont like, injury history and it was obvious he was going to be buried for touches behind Gio, Mixon, Eifert, green.

I didn't think he was going to be as useless as he was this year though.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

KCLep20
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby KCLep20 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:40 pm

ericanadian wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:12 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:57 pm

I mean good Lord:

Hope he's not the next Ted Ginn...
He’d be lucky to be Ginn at this point...
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex (RB/WR/TE)/1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
'Ships: 2008, 2017, 2019, 2021; 2nd place: 2010, 2014, 2018, 2022
12 team PPR with 14 Keepers/year
2023 Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11, 3.04, 3.07, 5.04
QB: L.Jackson, J. Burrow, G. Minshew, J. Winston
RB: J.Mixon, ETN, Jav.Williams, J.Conner, Z.Moss, JK Dobbins (IR), N.Chubb (IR)
WR: AJB, CD Lamb, DK, C.Sutton
TE: M.Andrews, T.McBride, I. Likely

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:24 am

I mean good Lord:

I was here to bring this up. John Clayton was on the radio discussing this today, and it seems Cincy is concerned about his ability to stay healthy if he remains a WR. Apparently they think they could take advantage of his speed as a corner and get something useful out of him. I'd stay far away if I don't already have him on a roster. Not saying this will happen, but it could...

You may have drafted a CB in the late first-round.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

ZPalmtree
Captain
Captain

Postby ZPalmtree » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:46 pm

He might be one those the rare rookies that won’t gain much value going into their 2nd season.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:37 pm

ZPalmtree wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:46 pm He might be one those the rare rookies that won’t gain much value going into their 2nd season.
A value spike nearly as attractive as rookie fever...second year athletic freak fever

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:25 am

Servo wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:37 am But yes, he and Mike Williams are joining the Doctson, Kevin White, Breshad Perriman, Dorsett company, where it's not too pretty.
Should probably throw Davis on that pile of injured disappointments as well.

It really isn't a problem for me that Ross/Williams didn't play much. I am certainly not ditching them for what people might offer these days. I wish I had waited to buy him until this offseason though. The Bengals have been horrible and they ruined their OLine by letting key pieces walk. Dalton has been under siege and can't get much done in the pocket. Made getting anything deep to a speedster a moot point even if he was playing.

Anyway I still like him alot and will likely buy this offseason where I can manage it
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams