post here how you got SCREWED

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

post here how you got SCREWED

Postby BigBawseRoss » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:08 am

with playoffs here i know more people than just me got royally effed so lets here how you just missed playoffs or how gronk is screwing you etc.

we need our safe space to vent since our wives and friends really dont care but it means the world to us HAHA we are sad but lets be sad together friends

I am on the brink of blowing 175 between 2 leagues due to losing division right at the end.

one league i am commish and i was in 2nd looking at a first round bye and playing 2 weak teams to close out the year...well my opponent texts me at 12:58 asking to swap out john brown who is not playing and simply asks to replace him (not with anyone in particular) i am nice and i do it no problem and i select who i viewed as the best option in jermaine kearse....who scores 23 points vs me...so im down 10 hes done and i have my pick of hopkins of martavis bryant to play (already watched fournette and howard combine for 8 points and had mixon on the bench with 27) i go for the gusto with juju out i roll the dice with bryant (hes due no juju hopkins facing ravens) and bryant comes out hot and then dies and i fall 1 point short while hopkins would have won me the game.

next week i lose by 3 thanks to playing against alfred morris and my team getting nothing out of philly d, alshon, and ertz but wait i could have my savior joe mixon at flex bail me out...no he gets a concussion and misses the rest of the game (had ty hill on the bench with 38 and d henry with 20....benched hill for mixon due to mixons previous week explosion and seeing how bad PIT gets gashed by big plays)

this drops me to the 3 seed i miss my 1st round bye and now am an underdog in my playoff game and have no Gronk and no Ertz, gonna roll with trey burton wooo my luck rules)

other league this is last week of reg season and i need a win to lock up division win and 125$ but i would have already had it had i not lost by 4 last week due to ertz and alshon doing nothing and evans as well as my darn kicker getting 2....had fitzgerald, jimmy graham, and robbie gould (15points) on my bench. would have won 40 for high score and 125 for division had i swapped even just my kicker and my te....

also traded away kamara for Landry in a league i missed playoffs by 1 spot (finished 7th) that one hurt a bit
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: post here how you got SCREWED

Postby Bot101 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:47 am

The only league I got screwed is a redraft league. I had the most stacked team you could possibly imagine. Started first half of season undefeated, lapping everyone in points. Then lost some to injury and other players disappeared (thanks Hunt and Diggs). Now last week I needed 1 reception from AJG in the second half of the steelers game and my ticket to the playoffs would be punched. But nope, lost to the weeks top scoring team and now out of the playoffs.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:37 am

Bot101 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:47 am The only league I got screwed is a redraft league. I had the most stacked team you could possibly imagine. Started first half of season undefeated, lapping everyone in points. Then lost some to injury and other players disappeared (thanks Hunt and Diggs). Now last week I needed 1 reception from AJG in the second half of the steelers game and my ticket to the playoffs would be punched. But nope, lost to the weeks top scoring team and now out of the playoffs.
that is the worst feeling when you need 1 freaking grab...especially when he had 77 and 2 tds in the first half ugh brutal
team 1
Dak , Herbert
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks

team 2
12 team .5ppr
Fields, Dak
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:50 am

League uses H2H record to determine playoff standings. I have the 2nd most points scored and finished in 5th place with one fewer win than the 3rd and 4th place finishers. I had several instances where one player's individual performance cost me a game but the icing on the cake was Kelce throwing an INT in week 11 (our playoffs start week 13) which lost me 2 points. I lost the overall matchup by 1.9 points, and had I won I would have finished in 3rd...
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

RGKID144
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby RGKID144 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:23 am

Lol, I'm pretty sure I have everyone beat, as it's the loss of all losses which cost me 1st place at the time, and then was the reason I missed the playoffs.

So I was vying for 1st place in my auction league, and MNF game was GB/DET(I believe this was week 9?). The matchup came down to MNF where I had Aaron Jones and Detroit D. I was supposed to clear his total by a significant margin, but Aaron Jones got me 3 yards. Now, here comes the blasphemy. Detroit D had me up by less then a point due to a sack on GB's final drive. I was ecstatic, but I should have been the winner from the start, so in my mind, I was only winning what already should have been my victory. If you remember correctly, on the very last play of the game, Hundley threw a hail mary where someone on DET D was called for OPI as the game clock counted down to zero. Obviously, the game cannot end on a penalty, so GB got the ball for a final play after the clock expired at the 1 yard line, and Jamaal Williams(again, not even Aaron Jones) punched it in for the completely meaningless 1 yard score to end the game, and as a result, give DET D -3 points, and me the loss.

That loss cost me 1st place, so I was in 2nd place at the time. I then lost 3 of my next 4 to finish as the 7 seed and not make the playoffs. Probably the worst thing that ever happened to me in a fantasy league, period. LOL. Not to mention, the heat I took from my league mates was astronomical.
Entering year ten of Dynasty 10 team 2QB/2RB/4WR/1TE/1FLEX(rb/wr/te).

QB: Bryce Young, Jared Goff, Mac Jones, Zach Wilson, Stetson Bennett.
WR: Garret Wilson, Devonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Michael Pittman, Odell Beckham, Treylon Burks, Zay Flowers, Curtis Samuel, Dyami Brown, Kenny Golladay.
RB: Bijan Robinson, Cam Akers, Antonio Gibson, Donta Foreman, Michael Carter, James Robinson, Dontrell Hilliard.
TE: Evan Engram, David Njoku, Trey McBride, Matt LaPorta Jelani Woods, Bob Tonyan.

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:36 am

Last week I got screwed by Mixon in 2 leagues. Both leagues I was tied with a team to make the playoffs so tiebreaker goes to most points scored on the season.

league 1 - Mixon needed to score 8 points in PPR setting
league 2 - Mixon needed to outscore Burfict by 3 points

Mixon gets concussion and I don't make the playoffs in either league

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:40 am

In my redraft League with friends I became the laughing stock because every single player I touch just has an injury happen. It wasn’t even just normal rb/wr injuries either. Arob, Olsen( who I’d never owned before and hadn’t had an injury his entire career pretty much), clay, mariota, carson, diggs, Maclin, janikowski, Freeman, Watson,Hogan, Damien Williams, Parker, my other qbs, Tyrod and Eli got benched. And to top it all off I traded kamara for Parker the week he got hurt. I went from a high 3 seed to falling out of the playoff by losing 4 of 5. It got to the point where I refused to pick up any more dolphins players out of pure fear

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:20 am

jcc6fd wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:50 am League uses H2H record to determine playoff standings. I have the 2nd most points scored and finished in 5th place with one fewer win than the 3rd and 4th place finishers. I had several instances where one player's individual performance cost me a game but the icing on the cake was Kelce throwing an INT in week 11 (our playoffs start week 13) which lost me 2 points. I lost the overall matchup by 1.9 points, and had I won I would have finished in 3rd...
Sounds similar to my season- Amari Cooper's one big game cost me a loss, another loss when a DE has 6 sacks and puts up 100pts!
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:26 am

Needed the INT that Landon Collins dropped to win my last matchup and make playoffs after Evans, D Adams, and Hopkins (to a lesser extent) stunk up the joint. He dropped, I lost.

Guy that passed me had Tyreek. 3 fewer YARDS and he loses and I'm in. Same guy beat me in week 1 or 2 by less than a point when Austin Hooper went off including a long TD of 90 yards or something!

Bad luck more than screwed, but still hurts.
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

Leoj
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Leoj » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:41 am

I traded away my 2018 1st last year to acquire Wentz in my superflex league, so I knew I needed to perform well this year.

Week 1 I lost ARob and D. Johnson. I started something like 0-7, and was 1st in PA and like 5th in PF. I ended up recovering a little to finish 5-8 in 7th place (with 6 playoff spots). The guy who finished in 6th had ~250 fewer PF and PA. An average week in our league is somewhere in the neighborhood of 120 points, so I effectively played two more games than the guy who finished above me.

Winning a few games at least saved me from abject disaster trade-wise, though. Plus next year I get to start Gurley, Johnson, and Kamara every game so...
12 team standard - 3rd year
Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/TE, 1 WR/RB/TE, 1 Superflex

QB - Foles, Bridgewater, Bortles
RB - Gurley, M. Jones, D. Johnson, Sims, McKinnon, Rawls
WR - J. Matthews, A. Robinson, D. Adams, Landry, K. Wright, D. Parker, Quick
TE - Kelce, Ladarius Green

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:03 pm

This thread is therapy for me as far as my redraft debacle posted above.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:08 pm

So here's a fun one!

I was actually in the playoffs as the #6 seed due to my Week 13 game ending in a tie. Today a play was changed in the Rams/Cardinals game awarding the Rams a sack. Guess who my Week 13 opponent's "D" was? Bingo!! The Rams. :wall:

Now I lost my Week 13 matchup by one point, and I get to watch the playoffs from the sidelines. I was the #3 scoring team regular season.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:49 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:08 pm So here's a fun one!

I was actually in the playoffs as the #6 seed due to my Week 13 game ending in a tie. Today a play was changed in the Rams/Cardinals game awarding the Rams a sack. Guess who my Week 13 opponent's "D" was? Bingo!! The Rams. :wall:

Now I lost my Week 13 matchup by one point, and I get to watch the playoffs from the sidelines. I was the #3 scoring team regular season.
BRUTAL!!! ah i would be salty
team 1
Dak , Herbert
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks

team 2
12 team .5ppr
Fields, Dak
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:09 pm

3rd highest points for yet I missed the playoffs. One of the games I lost was by .09 points.

TB3falcons
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby TB3falcons » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:26 pm

I benched Brate due to his game time decision and my inability to get online Sunday morning... Would've won by 4 pts had I started him.
16 Team PPR(.5 for RBs)/RetY/Balanced IDP League (QB,RB,2WR,TE,4FLX,PK,PN,DT,2DE,3LB,2CB,2S,1DFLX) 2018 & 2019 LC
QB- Mahomes, Ryan
RB- Gordon, Ingram, Swift, Gore, Hyde, Ogunbowale
WR- Hopkins, KAllen, Lockett, Golladay, Fitz, Edelman, MJones, Crowder, Cobb, Claypool, AGG, Miller (CHI), Humphries, Conley, David Moore, Demarcus Robinson, Gordon :boohoo:
TE- Olsen, Ian Thomas, Njoku
PK- Butker
PN- Cooke
DT- CJones, Ogunjobi, Kinlaw
DE- Hunter, DLaw, Young, Anderson, Turay
LB- Littleton, Mosley, D. Davis, Schobert, Bush, AJ Johnson, Walker, Evans, Burgess
CB- C Davis, Ward, Murphy-Bunting
S- JJ3, Walker, Williams, Rapp, Parks

Taxi: Oliver, Laird, Collier, Cominsky, Phillips, JAXWilliams, Harris, Willis