DeMarco Murray contract

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

DeMarco Murray contract

Postby kris_kapsner » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:23 am

Murray has been playing hurt all year and looked like a beast last year. Murray provides a weapon to the Titans that they don't get out of Henry. Murray's contract goes for 2 more years with an option for the Titans to get out of it this off season without a cap hit.

What are people's thoughts?

Will the Titans leave Murray's contract in place for two more years and maintain the 2 headed RB monster? Or will they drop his contract and run with Henry in 2018?
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: DeMarco Murray contract

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:37 pm

I don't see Murray going anywhere in a hurry. The Titans want to run, and two talented backs means fresh legs all game.

KCLep20
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby KCLep20 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:47 pm

Murray will likely re-work his contract this offseason, stay 1 more year, then get cut heading in to 2019 season.
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex (RB/WR/TE)/1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
'Ships: 2008, 2017, 2019, 2021; 2nd place: 2010, 2014, 2018, 2022
12 team PPR with 14 Keepers/year
2023 Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11, 3.04, 3.07, 5.04
QB: L.Jackson, J. Burrow, G. Minshew, J. Winston
RB: J.Mixon, ETN, Jav.Williams, J.Conner, Z.Moss, JK Dobbins (IR), N.Chubb (IR)
WR: AJB, CD Lamb, DK, C.Sutton
TE: M.Andrews, T.McBride, I. Likely

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:40 am

KCLep20 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:47 pm Murray will likely re-work his contract this offseason, stay 1 more year, then get cut heading in to 2019 season.
This seems most likely to me.

Mularkey said something like "we don't really change our RB usage in season" last week in response to a question about Henry (I don't remember the exact quote, but that was the gist). I think with an offseason to assess the backfield, they will switch to Henry as the primary runner and Murray as more of the 3rd down back. As the OP pointed out, Murray provides valuable tools with his receiving work and experience. A team that wants to go through their RBs as much as Tennessee does will still find him valuable.

Still, $6.5m is a lot to pay a RB that isn't a workhorse, and Tennessee will probably be working on a couple of long-term extensions this offseason with Lewan, Mariota, and they have some holes on defense that they may try to fill through FA. I think it is likely they try to reduce his cap number in the offseason.

As an owner of both, my best hope is that he finds that offensive and forces a cut :lol: But I think he is pretty likely to be back.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ryantacular » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:02 pm

I could see it going either way, depending how the rest of this year pans out. If Murray suffers any kind of moderate to sever injury, things could change.

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:49 pm

JoshGordonsDealer wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:37 pm I don't see Murray going anywhere in a hurry. The Titans want to run, and two talented backs means fresh legs all game.
I agree, he could also bounce back strong next year after playing banged up most of this year.

Hankmoody
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Hankmoody » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:22 am

jtd1387 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:40 am
KCLep20 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:47 pm Murray will likely re-work his contract this offseason, stay 1 more year, then get cut heading in to 2019 season.
This seems most likely to me.

Mularkey said something like "we don't really change our RB usage in season" last week in response to a question about Henry (I don't remember the exact quote, but that was the gist). I think with an offseason to assess the backfield, they will switch to Henry as the primary runner and Murray as more of the 3rd down back. As the OP pointed out, Murray provides valuable tools with his receiving work and experience. A team that wants to go through their RBs as much as Tennessee does will still find him valuable.

Still, $6.5m is a lot to pay a RB that isn't a workhorse, and Tennessee will probably be working on a couple of long-term extensions this offseason with Lewan, Mariota, and they have some holes on defense that they may try to fill through FA. I think it is likely they try to reduce his cap number in the offseason.

As an owner of both, my best hope is that he finds that offensive and forces a cut :lol: But I think he is pretty likely to be back.
You shouldn't, because if he does they might bring in someone even worse to split with like Hyde. At least with Murray there's a good chance Henry gets a stranglehold on the touches.