Eli predictions

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
DinoDynasty
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Eli predictions

Postby DinoDynasty » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:19 am

Eli signs a one year deal with Jacksonville. Jacksonville beats NE in the AFC championship game, and Eli retires a champion after winning Superbowl 52. Brady never returns to the Superbowl as father time finally catches up to him at the age of 42 and we watch the Patriots era unfold before our eyes, as his 3rd lose to Eli, seems to be the turning in Brady's career and the franchise.

Minewhile, my New York Giants find themselves rebuilding over the next three years, as they realize their future signal caller will be found in the 2018 draft, but a diminished line keeps the team in the cellar through 2020. With two of the best QBs in the NFL dominating the NFC East, the Giants don't return to the playoffs until 2022.
2017 Champ, 2018 Runner-up, 2019 Champ, 2020 Champ, 2021 Runner-up
12 Team PPR
Stairway to Evans
QB: Hurts, Kirk, Bridgewater, Jimmy G
RB: CMC, Pollard, Foreman,
Sanders, Hill
WR: Kupp, Evans, Ridley, Dell, Josh Palmer, Hodgins, Osborn, Parker, MVS
TE: Kelce, Musgrave, Otton, Gray, Woods
DEF: Chicago Ravens
2024 2nd, 3rd, 4th

12 Team .5 PPR
Fields of Dreams
QB - Fields, Cousins, Wilson
RB - Taylor, Swift, Mixon, Pollard, Singelary, McLaughlin
WR - Olave, Tyreek, Tank Dell, Higgins, Gabriel Davis, E Moore, Mingo, Douglas
TE - Ferguson, Gray, Otton
DEF - 49ers, Pats
Picks 2024 2x1st, 3, 4

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:58 am

In all honesty, I expect Eli to be back with the Giants next season when the team is healthy. Either that or he will retire. I don't think he wants to play anywhere else, but if he does, I agree with Jacksonville.
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:31 am

I don't get the playing in Peyton's shadow angle on Eli to Denver. Yes, zombie Peyton Manning won a Superbowl there, but it's not like he carried them there. His good seasons in Denver ended with no rings.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:42 am

GLSmk wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:58 am In all honesty, I expect Eli to be back with the Giants next season when the team is healthy. Either that or he will retire. I don't think he wants to play anywhere else, but if he does, I agree with Jacksonville.
It's possible. But would you really want to go back to work for an outfit that just treated you this badly? I don't think I would if there were other suitors for my services. Especially if they've got a chance at a championship, which the Giants don't. Plus, I think the competitor in Eli will make him want to play at least one more season to try and prove that the Giants made a mistake by planting him on the bench.

I think the most likely destinations have already been mentioned above. But my favorite scenario is Eli's revenge, where the Redskins can't work out a deal with Cousins and he walks. Eli signs a one or two year deal with the team to mentor a young signal caller, and he gets to stick it to his former team a couple times a season.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:19 am

Gaints wont be winning anymore games thats why they insert Geno... no chance to win with him at QB..they secure top 3 maybe 4 draft pick and can either move up from there and get there guy or he falls to them.

ELI to AZ or JAc would be good for both organizations ans ELi..
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:18 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:42 am
GLSmk wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:58 am In all honesty, I expect Eli to be back with the Giants next season when the team is healthy. Either that or he will retire. I don't think he wants to play anywhere else, but if he does, I agree with Jacksonville.
It's possible. But would you really want to go back to work for an outfit that just treated you this badly? I don't think I would if there were other suitors for my services. Especially if they've got a chance at a championship, which the Giants don't. Plus, I think the competitor in Eli will make him want to play at least one more season to try and prove that the Giants made a mistake by planting him on the bench.

I think the most likely destinations have already been mentioned above. But my favorite scenario is Eli's revenge, where the Redskins can't work out a deal with Cousins and he walks. Eli signs a one or two year deal with the team to mentor a young signal caller, and he gets to stick it to his former team a couple times a season.
It's likely the coach that benched him will be gone, so, yeah I'd probably stay depending who they bring in.
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

smoger45
Role Player
Role Player

Postby smoger45 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:25 pm

Pitz wouldn't be a bad idea if big Ben retires. Throw to AB and Bell all day.
16 team 30 man PPR High scoring format.
QB/WR/WR/RB/RB/WR|TE flex
D/D/DB/DB/DL/LB/LB/LB/CB
Completions .5
Passing Yards 15 yards per point
Passing Touchdowns 10
Interceptions -4
Rushing Attempts .5
Rushing Yards 5
yards per point Rushing Touchdowns 10 Receptions 1
Receiving Yards 4 yards per point
Receiving Touchdowns 10
Return Touchdowns 20
2-Point Conversions 3
Fumbles Lost -4
Offensive Fumble Return TD 20
Kickers
Field Goals
0-19 Yards 5 20-29 Yards 6 30-39 Yards 8 40-49 Yards 12 50+ Yards 15
Point After Attempt Made 2

QB. D. Jones, Herbert,
RB. D. Pearce, M. Gordon, N. Harris D. Singletary, Jamal Williams, Ty Johnson
WR. A. Cooper, Djax, Marquise Brown, OBJ, E. Moore, Duvernay, V. Jones
TE Z. Ertz, D. Waller
K W. Lutz
LB J. Baker, Mykal, Pratt, J.Phillips
DE C. Jordan, B. Burns
CB T. Diggs, K. Gordon, P. Adebo
S T. Edmunds, A. Winfield Jr. Marcus Williams

ejmfantasy
Rookie
Rookie

Postby ejmfantasy » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:58 pm

My scenarios as far as I see the likelihood.

1. Retirement. He is 37 and has won 2 superbowls. He doesn't need to chase a title elsewhere.
2. Giants retain him. He has been with them since they acquired him during the draft in 04. Watching his press conferences, he is more sad than angry. He doesn't have a grudge to hold or anything like that and has nothing to prove. Plus, McAdoo is likely gone next year.
3. Jaguars. Coughlin is there and Bortles is running out of lives. They want a QB and I have been hearing the Eli to JAX rumors for a while, all the way back to preseason or earlier.

Other than that, nothing seems super realistic imo.
World Devy Championship: 18 Teams, 10 Devy, 0.5 PPR, 20 + 3 IR
QB: Bradford, Rosen, Fitzpatrick
RB: Bell, Mack, CJ Anderson, Clement, Smallwood, Stewart, AP, Wadley
WR: Gabriel, D-Jax, Z. Jones, Carroo, Dede, Bourne, Hollins
TE: B. Watson, Goedert
Devy: Drew Lock, Khalan Laborn, Salvon Ahmed, Benny Snell, Master Teague, Jordyn Adams, Mychale Salahuddin, Henry Ruggs, Amari Rodgers, Colby Parkinson

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:08 pm

GLSmk wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:18 pm
Shoreline Steamers wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:42 am

It's likely the coach that benched him will be gone, so, yeah I'd probably stay depending who they bring in.
But you see, I don't believe it's McAdoo who benched him. It's my opinion that this decision came from the front office, and they're making McAdoo the scapegoat. Ownership already has decided they're going to fire McAdoo, and move on from Eli in the offseason. By sitting Eli now, it appears to be on McAdoo and none of the higher-ups have to take the heat for this debacle.

Then they'll just clean house after Week 17. McAdoo, like all coaches, wants wins in order to keep his job. In order for this decision to have come from him, you'd have to believe that he actually thinks Geno or Webb give him a better shot at a "W". That doesn't seem likely to me.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:32 pm

He retires. After a quiet year away from the spot light he will start popping back into the public eye, talking about social issues. By the end of spring of 2018 he and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson start doing speaking events / town halls together. Fall of 2018 they announce that they are a ticket for the Presidential election for the GOP to go up against the incumbent Paul Ryan.

You heard it here first!

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:15 pm

They're gonna clean house and he'll get a year or two with the new staff while they draft and groom someone.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:17 pm

Darkhorse: New York Jets.

He knows the field, knows the city and wouldn't have to worry much about a transition. That's important if his family doesn't want to move.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:26 pm

The only storyline I'd care about is the Jacksonville one
@PlankMelody