owner drops his only rostered TE

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
bob b
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

owner drops his only rostered TE

Postby bob b » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:58 am

Would like to get your thoughts. In the early drop/add period last night based on team record, a 5-6 team who lost on Sunday and is now "going for the #3 pick in the draft" just dropped their only TE. I have a text in to the commissioner about this asking if it is legal. My personal issue with it is that my co-owner and I wanted to grap the player they picked up.

I would like to know what others think...Can teams in your league not field a complete roster at any point in the season? Would what this owner did be acceptable in your league? Thanks
12 team standard dynasty, 20 player roster:
QB's: A Rodgers, J Garroppolo
RB's: T Gurley, A Kamara, Rashad Penny, John Kelly, Chase Edmonds
WR's: M Evans, M Thomas, A Cooper, A Robinson, C Davis, DJ Moore, Tre'Quan Smith, M Williams, G Allison
TE: T Kelce, OJ Howard,
Def: Bears
K: J Elliot

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: owner drops his only rostered TE

Postby pierson242 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:05 am

bob b wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:58 am Would like to get your thoughts. In the early drop/add period last night based on team record, a 5-6 team who lost on Sunday and is now "going for the #3 pick in the draft" just dropped their only TE. I have a text in to the commissioner about this asking if it is legal. My personal issue with it is that my co-owner and I wanted to grap the player they picked up.

I would like to know what others think...Can teams in your league not field a complete roster at any point in the season? Would what this owner did be acceptable in your league? Thanks
No, owners should have to field one at all times, otherwise its obvious tanking!
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:11 am

Who's the TE?
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:25 am

The majority of leagues require submission of a valid lineup. I know some leagues that do have minimal roster requirements but not all do. Provided that they have a rostered TE and in their lineup this weekend then I don't have an issue if they don't have one on their roster on Wednesday morning.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

bob b
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby bob b » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:04 am

GLSmk wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:11 amWho's the TE?
Austin Hooper is the TE (does it matter?)....we have 18 rostered players in our league and TE is a position that is started each week in our league. this owner may end up picking up a TE before Sunday, but, wondering, if a) your league is ok with ever not having a position filled and b) whether you could start a team with your TE position unoccupied.
WR's: M Evans, M Thomas, A Cooper, A Robinson, C Davis, DJ Moore, Tre'Quan Smith, M Williams, G Allison

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:09 am

bob b wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:04 am
Austin Hooper is the TE (does it matter?)....we have 18 rostered players in our league and TE is a position that is started each week in our league. this owner may end up picking up a TE before Sunday, but, wondering, if a) your league is ok with ever not having a position filled and b) whether you could start a team with your TE position unoccupied.
only 18 spots, i wouldnt worry about it unless he misses the start requirement. if your trying to play a dynasty league....you need more roster spots. with 18 spots.....te's are kinda irrelevant unless you own the top guys.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:09 am

To be honest, I'm fine with it even if he's trying to lose by dropping his only TE. My main concern with the rookie draft is that the worst team has the best pick (or best shot at the top pick). If he's willing to drop a player, let him.

Tanking, to me, is defined as starting clearly inferior options in your lineup when you have better startable options on your roster. That's it.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:23 am

sloth8u wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:09 am
only 18 spots, i wouldnt worry about it unless he misses the start requirement. if your trying to play a dynasty league....you need more roster spots. with 18 spots.....te's are kinda irrelevant unless you own the top guys.
It kinda matters. Had it been a guy that's already on IR or some 3rd string TE then what's it matter if he drops them?

and agreed. 18 rosters spots if I don't have a top guy, I'm likely dropping them as well. But I like Hooper, so I'd probably hold.
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

zelldawg26
Role Player
Role Player

Postby zelldawg26 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:24 am

You can always put up a poll, but if players are on byes or injured in slotted positions, that is illegitimate rostering for gameday in my opinion.
If somebody wants to drop players during the week and not roster certain positions, I don't care, but on game day, all slots need to be filled.
24 Player Roster/12 Team/PPR/IDP/PPT(Point Per Tackle)
4 player Taxi Squad

QB- Aaron Rodgers, Winston
RB- Monty, Ajayi, Ingram, Duke, Booker, Burkhead, Collins, Foreman, Breida
WR- Cooks, A-Rob, TY, Funchess, MBryant, Godwin, MWilliams, Golladay
TE-Engram
PK- M.Crosby
LB- CJ Mosley, L David
DE- Fowler, Okafor
DB- Clinton-Dix, Rashad Jones

24 player roster/12 team/0.5 PPR/IDP/4 player Taxi

QB- Luck, Carr, Bortles
RB- Zeke, Hyde, McKinnon, Henry, A Jones, Drake, Foreman, Booker, Dixon
WR- Evans, Hilton, ARob, Cooper, Watkins, Shepard, C Davis, Gordon, Doctson
TE-Olsen, Kittle
PK- Whatever
DE- Okafor, Hunter
LB- Buccanon, Mack
S- Baker, Mathieu

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:28 am

I am in between on this.

In a league with 18 man rosters, Hooper has very little - if not no value.

You said your issue comes with him picking up someone you were trying to grab. Who did he pick up? It was clearly a desirable player.

If it is a player that holds more overall value, that's where I am on the fence.

Does your league force members to drop a player to fill lineups due to byes or injuries?

It's walking a very fine line but I can see both sides of it.

bob b
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby bob b » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:41 am

Phaded wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:28 am I am in between on this.

In a league with 18 man rosters, Hooper has very little - if not no value.

You said your issue comes with him picking up someone you were trying to grab. Who did he pick up? It was clearly a desirable player.

If it is a player that holds more overall value, that's where I am on the fence.

Does your league force members to drop a player to fill lineups due to byes or injuries?

It's walking a very fine line but I can see both sides of it.
Without trying to get too far afield, the issue of "tanking" came up at our draft last season as this same team obviously tanked to try to get the #1 pick. For reasons I find lacking and extremely disappointing, our league decided NOT to implement a rule against tanking at the time, however, at this year's draft we said that if an owner forgets to put in a lineup (because of byes where you leave a player on a bye in your lineup from the week before) the commissioner is given the authority to put in the highest projected player on your roster at that position)....the player we were after was Cooper Kupp who this team did NOT need in order to fill a starting WR slot (we play 3 WR each week)...so, I am not overly irritated by what happened as, situations like this happen in our league (for example, we do not need to carry any position after week 17 so many teams, including my team, cut a Kicker or defense and pick up a prospect, last year, in fact, we dropped our TE after week 17 and did not carry one in the off season). So, my question was and is....what does your league do, and is what happened OK according to your view of dynasty football?

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:53 am

bob b wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:41 am for example, we do not need to carry any position after week 17
Is this something specified in your league rules? Or is it just common practice?
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

bob b
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby bob b » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:07 am

skip wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:53 am
bob b wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:41 am for example, we do not need to carry any position after week 17
Is this something specified in your league rules? Or is it just common practice?
good question...I guess it depends, I would say "common practice" but the following are in our constitution which does not specifically address having to fill positions during the offseason.

Article IX. Each owner may trade any number of players and/or draft picks with another team owner as long as he or she is able to field a starting lineup each week.

Article VII. During the season, each franchise owner will submit a starting lineup to the league commissioner prior to the start of the first game of the week (be aware of Thursday games).
Section 1. The starting line-up will consist of the following:
One quarterback
2 Running backs
3 Wide receivers
1 Tight end
1 Kicker
1 Defense

Maximum roster size will be 18 players from week 7 until the next draft.

So, it looks like this owner will have to PU a TE prior to Sunday noon.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:14 am

wait you are mad cuz you wanted to pick up who they picked up and you wanna make it a technicality by saying they shouldnt be allowed to drop their last TE?

sounds like you are mad.

its not an issue as long as they add a TE and play one this week. they have time to do that still
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:22 am

sloth8u wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:09 am
Exactly this ^
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams