owner drops his only rostered TE

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: owner drops his only rostered TE

Postby whodunnit » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:22 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:14 am wait you are mad cuz you wanted to pick up who they picked up and you wanna make it a technicality by saying they shouldnt be allowed to drop their last TE?

sounds like you are mad.

its not an issue as long as they add a TE and play one this week. they have time to do that still
^^This
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:44 am

bob b wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:07 am So, it looks like this owner will have to PU a TE prior to Sunday noon.
Though not explicitly stated, it is pretty clear to me that it is perfectly fine for him to have made this move provided that he has a full lineup this week. This only need be addressed if he fails to do so this weekend.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby seahawks506 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:48 am

Yeah, three things:

1. He needs to be starting a TE this weekend.
2. It's clear this owner is trying to tank the rest of his season for better draft position. He even blatantly said as much. Whether you think that is healthy for your league is up to you. Personally I would not play in a league where this is condoned.
3. You need to expand your rosters. It's very hard to play dynasty with that roster size.
orphan rebuild- 3 superflex, nerfed QB scoring 0.5/1/1.5 wr/rb/te PPR
QB: Hurts, Dobbs, Lance, Huntley, Bagent
RB: Swift, Kamara, Sanders, K. Mitchell, Foreman, CEH, Dowdle, Demercado
WR: Lamb, AJB, DK, Hollywood, Jakobi, Lazard, Boyd, Shaheed, Douglas
TE: Chig, Juwan, Conklin, Taysom, Smythe
Picks: 3 2024 2nds

rebuild 2: 1QB PPR
QB: Richardson, Pickett, Mayfield
RB: Achane, E Mitchell, Demercado
WR: Chase, Addison, QJ, J Palmer, Wan'Dale, Claypool, Douglas, Metchie
TE: Kittle, Mayer, Otton, Ferguson
Picks: 3 2024 1sts, 2 2024 2nds

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:54 am

GLSmk wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:22 am
BigBawseRoss wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:14 am wait you are mad cuz you wanted to pick up who they picked up and you wanna make it a technicality by saying they shouldnt be allowed to drop their last TE?

sounds like you are mad.

its not an issue as long as they add a TE and play one this week. they have time to do that still
^^This
Agree
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:11 am

As others have mentioned, the roster sizes promote these types of moves.

You get a 9 player bench and you are also required to roster/start D & kickers.

I would bring it up in the offseason to have roster sizes increased.

The fact that it is because he picked up Cooper Kupp who should be rostered in every dynasty league further highlights these concerns.

troyticus
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby troyticus » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:26 am

Yea, as long as hes got a TE on his roster come game time there's nothing wrong with this IMO.

Side note, how was Cooper Kupp not rostered before this week? Was he just dropped or has he been sitting on your waiver wire for awhile? I know you have small roster sizes but I feel like he would be on just about any dynasty league roster in most leagues right?
Shake and Baker 1-1
12 Team PPR
QB: Wentz, Brees, Mayfield, Minshew
RB: Mixon, Fournette, Mack, Guice, McCoy, J. Hill
WR: Smith-Schuster, Hill, M. Williams,C. Davis, Fitzgerald, Sanders, Gallup
TE: Kelce, Howard, Hockenson

Lights, Camera, Jackson!
12 Team PPR
QB: Jackson, Minshew
RB: Barkley, Gordon, Duke Johnson, Drake, Barber, Bonnafon
WR: Hill, Boyd, Moore, McLaurin, D. Robinson, Harry
TE: Kittle, Walker

bob b
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby bob b » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:56 am

troyticus wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:26 am Yea, as long as hes got a TE on his roster come game time there's nothing wrong with this IMO.

Side note, how was Cooper Kupp not rostered before this week? Was he just dropped or has he been sitting on your waiver wire for awhile? I know you have small roster sizes but I feel like he would be on just about any dynasty league roster in most leagues right?
great question...Kupp was dropped the week prior...My co-owner and I actually drafted him (we got him in the 3rd round!)and had to cut him on cut down week because we were pretty stacked. He was then picked up the following week and then dropped again last week. I have to roster too many QB's because of by weeks and A Rodgers injury, now that bye weeks are over, I can drop a QB

I appreciate all the thoughts, especially about not having a large enough roster (18 plus draft picks until week 7 of season, then 18 again for remainder of season and off season)....I can guess that expanding rosters will not be approved by the vote of the league owners but I will ask anyway......I say this because of how everyone views things from their own perspective which is one of most people in the league not having a stacked roster currently...but the issue of lack of depth does come into play every year...for example, the team I co-own has three stars on IR (Rodgers, D Johnson and Robinson) and only 1 IR spot...another two teams also have three players out for a long time on IR
12 team standard dynasty, 20 player roster:
QB's: A Rodgers, J Garroppolo
RB's: T Gurley, A Kamara, Rashad Penny, John Kelly, Chase Edmonds
WR's: M Evans, M Thomas, A Cooper, A Robinson, C Davis, DJ Moore, Tre'Quan Smith, M Williams, G Allison
TE: T Kelce, OJ Howard,
Def: Bears
K: J Elliot

Ghosted
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ghosted » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:03 pm

I think it would specifically depend on the starting requirements outlined by your bylaws. If it's an issue that needs to be addressed because it's not specifically covered, have a league discussing in the off-season about any amendments. If it is covered, then it's an obvious rule violation that should be handled by the commissioner.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 pm

If the owner specifically said they are "going for the #3 pick in the draft" as the reasoning for dropping Hooper, that's tanking. Couldn't be more clear to me.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:08 pm

Not the same position but I usually drop my kicker every week and just pick one back up on Sunday. As long as he finds a TE by Sunday it's all good

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:11 pm

I see it this way, the only time you have to have every position filled is 5 minutes prior to kickoff. If you do not, your line up is invalid and there should be some sort of warning or punishment for the first time. If there are repeated violations I would bounce the owner from the league.
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

bob b
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby bob b » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:56 pm

Never Veto wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:11 pm I see it this way, the only time you have to have every position filled is 5 minutes prior to kickoff. If you do not, your line up is invalid and there should be some sort of warning or punishment for the first time. If there are repeated violations I would bounce the owner from the league.
that seems to be the consensus..and after hearing everyone's replies and looking over our league rules, that seems to be where i am ending up as well.......
12 team standard dynasty, 20 player roster:
QB's: A Rodgers, J Garroppolo
RB's: T Gurley, A Kamara, Rashad Penny, John Kelly, Chase Edmonds
WR's: M Evans, M Thomas, A Cooper, A Robinson, C Davis, DJ Moore, Tre'Quan Smith, M Williams, G Allison
TE: T Kelce, OJ Howard,
Def: Bears
K: J Elliot

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:51 pm

skip wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:44 am
bob b wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:07 am So, it looks like this owner will have to PU a TE prior to Sunday noon.
Though not explicitly stated, it is pretty clear to me that it is perfectly fine for him to have made this move provided that he has a full lineup this week. This only need be addressed if he fails to do so this weekend.
This is my take on it as well. There is nothing illegal, and IMO nothing shady at all about it, whether he said he prefers to lose or not.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:58 pm

seahawks506 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:48 am Yeah, three things:

1. He needs to be starting a TE this weekend.
2. It's clear this owner is trying to tank the rest of his season for better draft position. He even blatantly said as much. Whether you think that is healthy for your league is up to you. Personally I would not play in a league where this is condoned.
3. You need to expand your rosters. It's very hard to play dynasty with that roster size.
Seems like this is equating preferring to lose with tanking. IMO, it is over the top.

If my team is out of the playoffs, I am absolutely cheering for them to lose. I am also adding a guy that helps me more next year over guys that help me more this year, as long as my team meets the league requirements for roster and lineup. That isn't taking, it is just responsible team ownership.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

jeaton6
Captain
Captain

Postby jeaton6 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:31 am

Agree not an issue unless he doesn't pick up a TE and start them on Sunday. That said my money is on him not picking one up without being told by the commish he has to (and and I doubt commish will intervene). See this all the time, non-contenders tank at end of year by doing shady crap and commishes issue "warnings" via email only to that owner after the fact rather than enforcing the bylaws. Then that team improves its draft position. Wash rinse repeat year after year.
Team 1 (Sunday Collisions): 12 Team PPR: QB/2 RB/3 WR/TE/Flex 27 Roster
**6 straight championships**
QB: Allen, Watson, Prescott, Purdy, Darnold, Ridder
RB: Taylor, Ekeler, Mixon, Cook, Mattison, Kelley, Blackshear
WR: Adams, Diggs, Devonta Smith, Diontae Johnson, Richie James, Van Jefferson, Landry, Duvernay
TE: Kelce, Ruckert
PK: Bass, Dicker
DEF: Ravens, Jets, Chiefs, Bucs
2023 Picks: 2.5

Team 2 (Shakeweight): 12 Team PPR: QB/2 RB/3 WR/TE/Flex 25 Roster, 3 man rookie taxi

QB: Burrow, Cousins
RB: McCaffrey, Barkley, Jacobs, Gibson, Dillon, Patterson, Mason, Blackshear, Hilliard
WR: Tyreek, Juju, Diontae Johnson, Thielen, Bateman, Claypool, Landry, Corey Davis, Thornton
TE: Kelce, Hockenson, Engram
PK: Gano, Succop
DEF: Jets, Bucs
Taxi: Airton, Likely, Ferguson
2023 Picks: 1.3, 1.5, 1.10, 2,3, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10