Denver Broncos and their [late] Halloween costume of "Cleveland Brown's QB Situation"

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Generic Username
All Pro
All Pro

Denver Broncos and their [late] Halloween costume of "Cleveland Brown's QB Situation"

Postby Generic Username » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:56 am

Paxton Lynch has now been named starting QB for this week's game against OAK. Article I read referenced a game plan that will be simplified and most likely run heavy; and they have a new OC, to boot.

For immediate fantasy concerns, this certainly dampens DT and Sanders' value ROS? Though, the ever present argument of "well, how much worse than Osweiller can he be?" is available. Conversely, CJA and Booker get added value by way of guaranteed volume?

For future fantasy concerns, this recent carousel ride has to put them closer to the front of the line as a Cousins suitor, no? I don't see them going the draft route unless they do end up offloading DT and/or Sanders in the offseason.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Denver Broncos and their [late] Halloween costume of "Cleveland Brown's QB Situation"

Postby Servo » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:21 am

I want to say that Ben Allbright stated the Broncos will be a big darkhorse in the QB scramble in 2018.

We'll see if Paxton is still overwhelmed (looked terrible in preseason) and think he's foreshadowing what Josh Allen will be if someone drafts him in RD1...not good.

THE ONLY QB with possible potential is Chad Kelly, IMO Kelly is far better than his 7RD draft status but is Denver willing to see what they have in him? I could only see it working out that way if he were to beat out whatever FA comes.

Brees? Cutler? Jimmy G? Cousins? Eli? There will be some names out there for sure.

DinoDynasty
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Denver Broncos and their [late] Halloween costume of "Cleveland Brown's QB Situation"

Postby DinoDynasty » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:29 am

#Keenum2018
2017 Champ, 2018 Runner-up, 2019 Champ, 2020 Champ, 2021 Runner-up
12 Team PPR
Stairway to Evans
QB: Hurts, Kirk, Bridgewater, Jimmy G
RB: CMC, Pollard, Foreman,
Sanders, Hill
WR: Kupp, Evans, Ridley, Dell, Josh Palmer, Hodgins, Osborn, Parker, MVS
TE: Kelce, Musgrave, Otton, Gray, Woods
DEF: Chicago Ravens
2024 2nd, 3rd, 4th

12 Team .5 PPR
Fields of Dreams
QB - Fields, Cousins, Wilson
RB - Taylor, Swift, Mixon, Pollard, Singelary, McLaughlin
WR - Olave, Tyreek, Tank Dell, Higgins, Gabriel Davis, E Moore, Mingo, Douglas
TE - Ferguson, Gray, Otton
DEF - 49ers, Pats
Picks 2024 2x1st, 3, 4

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:55 am

Chad Kelly in 2018! :thumbup:

I'm biased obviously, but I do believe he'd be better than the trio Denver has rotated this season. If given an honest chance to compete, I believe he'll show it in the offseason. Talent is not the issue with Kelly, it's immaturity.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

RCogburn
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby RCogburn » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:01 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:55 am Chad Kelly in 2018! :thumbup:

I'm biased obviously, but I do believe he'd be better than the trio Denver has rotated this season. If given an honest chance to compete, I believe he'll show it in the offseason. Talent is not the issue with Kelly, it's immaturity.
Kelly should be in the mix next year, but if/when Lynch face plants the rest of the year, Elway is going to bring someone else in for 2018. If it's Cousins then Kelly has no shot.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:36 pm

Sanders and Thomas both faired pretty well in Lynch's 3 games last season (Thomas 16.5ppg, Sanders 14.5ppg). Scott Barrett tweeted out some #'s. Sanders dominated a lot of the market share for yards and targets. They also have a cupcake passing schedule down the stretch so I wouldn't be too pessimistic about their chances to be productive.

@ Oakland, @ Miami, Vs. Jets, @ Indy, @ Washington. :thumbup:

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:58 pm

I think DT and Sanders are still worth a start. They've both had big games with Osweiler and Simiean at QB. The problem is (at least with Osweiler) is that it's harder to get those big games. I don't think Lynch can be worse than Osweiler, but he may be something in the middle of Osweiler and Simiean.

Elway really botched this QB situation. The only good decision he made was not matching the contract Houston gave Osweiler. I don't think Denver has the cap to go after Cousins, even though they should be a suitor.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:30 pm

I think Elway is really just a poor GM.

He got lucky with landing Peyton Manning.

That said, admittedly I have Lynch stashed in a Superflex but I don't think it would be fair to throw in the towel on him yet. Once upon a time, it was normal for QBs to take a few years before they were ready to start. He is still only 23 and could just be adjusting to the learning curve. Or, he could flop.

With that said - I'm kind of in a dire way in my Superflex after losing ARod & Winston. I started Gabbert last week and will probably start Lynch this week.

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:27 pm

Phaded wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:30 pm I think Elway is really just a poor GM.

That said, admittedly I have Lynch stashed in a Superflex but I don't think it would be fair to throw in the towel on him yet. Once upon a time, it was normal for QBs to take a few years before they were ready to start. He is still only 23 and could just be adjusting to the learning curve. Or, he could flop.

With that said - I'm kind of in a dire way in my Superflex after losing ARod & Winston. I started Gabbert last week and will probably start Lynch this week.
Manning was terrible the year they won the SB. Manning got lucky not the other way around
48 team, 4 copy league, QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SF, 4 flex
QB - Wentz, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jones, Alex Smith
RB - Chubb, Hunt, Swift, Akers, Henderson, Mostert, Mack, Bowden, Hill
WR - AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Gabriel Davis, Slayton, Hamler, Isabella
TE - Fant, Burton, Firkser, Keene, Okuegbunam
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:03 pm

broncohead wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:27 pm
Phaded wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:30 pm I think Elway is really just a poor GM.

Manning was terrible the year they won the SB. Manning got lucky not the other way around
...the year they won the Super Bowl, yes. But the several years before that Manning was great.
My point is that Elway had not had to bring in an undeveloped quarterback and he has an awful track record so far for the ones he has.

hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Postby hjernazian » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:14 am

I'm a Bronco fan. Have been since I could remember knowing what football was. With that said, we have the most tragically flawed team in the league. We have a super bowl defense that will get us there, and win, again, if we had a decent QB. I like Paxton, but he is not the answer for a win-now defense and above average offensive weapons.

Now I hate to say this, because personally I'm not a huge fan of the guy, but had Elway signed KAP we would be an entirely different team right now. Before the whole controversy he was throwing the kitchen sink at the 9ers for him, after, crickets.

I hate when politics has to influence whether a team wins or loses. My opinion of Kap shouldn't affect his ability on the field. And if my opinion doesn't matter, JOHN ELWAYS bleep OPINION SHOULDN'T EITHER.
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

QB: P. Mahomes $5, C. Newton $20, B. Mayfield $2, D. Brees
RB: D. Johnson $54, N. Chubb $4, T. Coleman $4, D. Henry $14, I. Crowell $3, J. Richard $9, J. Adams $3
WR: A. Robinson $41, T.Y. Hilton $24, J. Landry $25, C. Davis $4, C. Godwin $4, D. Hamilton $3, K. Cole, S. Shephard $10
TE: E. Engram $4, D. Njoku $2, K. Rudolph $3, V. McDonald $4
K/DEF: Irrelevant

2019: 2.04, 2.05, 2.06, 3.06, 4.06

Team 2

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE - 25 man roster + 4 TAXI

QB: T. Brady, M. Ryan, N. Foles
RB: K. Hunt, C. McCaffrey, D. Johnson, T. Coleman, S. Ware, D. Williams, Ito Smith, D. Sproles
WR: AJ Green, A. Robinson, A. Thielen, E. Sanders, G. Tate, S. Roberts
TE: J. Reed, J. Butt, M. Roberts, V. Davis, M. Williams
TAXI: S. Darnold, D. Fountain, D. Cain, Jaleel Scott