Thomas Rawls - droppable at this point?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Thomas Rawls - droppable at this point?

Postby jman3134 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:12 pm

As many have discussed throughout the year, he has been awful the past two seasons. Even with a terrible o-line, it doesn't completely explain away his lack of production. Mike Davis wasn't even on the team and was promoted to starter, relegating Rawls to the bench.

As a Rawls truther with a memory of his brief breakout spurt two years ago, should we hold? Or does Mike Davis have the job? He's available on my waiver wire at the moment and he passed the eye test last night at least. My hesitation is that Rawls continues to play while injured. I wonder if he will come in to a new situation and look like the Rawls we once knew, as I believe he is a free agent. Mixed feelings here.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

DynastyDeepDive
Starter
Starter

Re: Thomas Rawls - droppable at this point?

Postby DynastyDeepDive » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:30 pm

I think so. I traded him straight up for Jeremy Hill 5 weeks ago hoping Hill is on a new team next year with an opportunity. Maybe you do the same? Sell him to another owner for his trash..lol
In too many leagues to list players. Check out my Dynasty Deep Dive!

Thedude30
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Thedude30 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:31 pm

Davis got hurt and is most likely out next week, so I wouldn't drop him yet. With that said, Rawls has been garbage.

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:38 pm

I saw the Davis injury, but rotoworld reported that he is vowing to be back for that game and it was only a groin strain. The crux is that my trade deadline happens two days after next week's game, so if Davis has a good performance against his former team, maybe I pick up and sell. But he will be picked up this week.

I would normally do a Jeremy Hill swap or something, but I feel like there may be opportunities to capitalize on some of the waiver wire guys getting more minutes. Jeremy Hill is dead weight for the year and his value won't increase. On the other hand, there are Andre Ellington (solid back depth for a playoff push), Mike Davis, Chad Williams and a few others on the wire, who could see a temporary spike in value.
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
K:

zelldawg26
Role Player
Role Player

Postby zelldawg26 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:51 pm

I would drop him if you can't sell. Doubt many will bite on him, even in a package deal. He's clearly not the back of the future and Seattle will be drafting their back next year. As far As Mike Davis goes, just try and pick him up off FA and sell for whatever you can. Don't bother losing your waiver order for him though. Neither are worth owning in dynasty.
24 Player Roster/12 Team/PPR/IDP/PPT(Point Per Tackle)
4 player Taxi Squad

QB- Aaron Rodgers, Winston
RB- Monty, Ajayi, Ingram, Duke, Booker, Burkhead, Collins, Foreman, Breida
WR- Cooks, A-Rob, TY, Funchess, MBryant, Godwin, MWilliams, Golladay
TE-Engram
PK- M.Crosby
LB- CJ Mosley, L David
DE- Fowler, Okafor
DB- Clinton-Dix, Rashad Jones

24 player roster/12 team/0.5 PPR/IDP/4 player Taxi

QB- Luck, Carr, Bortles
RB- Zeke, Hyde, McKinnon, Henry, A Jones, Drake, Foreman, Booker, Dixon
WR- Evans, Hilton, ARob, Cooper, Watkins, Shepard, C Davis, Gordon, Doctson
TE-Olsen, Kittle
PK- Whatever
DE- Okafor, Hunter
LB- Buccanon, Mack
S- Baker, Mathieu

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:49 pm

We play FAAB and I have half my budget left. Yeah, that is what I am thinking. I'm just shocked at how far this guy has fallen.
K:

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:10 pm

I think so.

Honestly, Seattle's situation isn't worth touching until they invest in someone who at least has a skillset of a three-down back. All these random pieces like McKissic, Carson, Davis, and Rawls aren't cutting it. I think they still want to be a run-first team. Having Wilson scrambling outside the pocket on almost every play is going to get him hurt, even if he's unbelievably good at it.

I think their GM needs to make a full force effort to improve the line and get a legitimate starter in the offseason.