Flash in the pans

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
zelldawg26
Role Player
Role Player

Flash in the pans

Postby zelldawg26 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:08 pm

There were obviously a few this last week. Some most had never heard of, such as Seals-Jones. How do we feel about a couple of these guys and if you could pick one up off FA to fill a slot, who do you think would be more on their way to stardom and why?
Also Chad Williams is about to come back in and start for AZ. I know it's digging deep but this is somewhat how we find those players with given opportunities for teams that just know they aren't gonna make it and let the rookies and later round picks slide in to see what they got. Here is my take.

Shaheen- TE for the Bears. 2nd rounder from Ashland that they call the mini Gronk. There's no Miller obviously due to injury and Sims hasn't done much. Shaheen put some stats on the board and looked impressive in college, though a small school, still has the draft capital.

Artis-Payne- I know, I know..but the coach did talk highly about him a couple weeks ago saying he'd be more involved which he was and did pretty well with his 7 carries. Maybe we see more in the future. JStew hasn't been exactly a beast back there. I say give the guy a chance. We saw a flash.

Inman- Probably one of the most added this week due to target share and leading the Bears in receiving. Not a guy I would be super hyped about, but they are starting him unlike the Chargers did and even with limited opportunity with the Chargers, he played pretty well. Does he become Mitch's go-to?

Bucs backfield- A little off topic, but isn't it about time they start handing it to Barber or Quizz with the way Doug Martin has waaaay underperformed? Or should we just blame the Oline and they continue to feed Martin 20+ for 50 yards?
24 Player Roster/12 Team/PPR/IDP/PPT(Point Per Tackle)
4 player Taxi Squad

QB- Aaron Rodgers, Winston
RB- Monty, Ajayi, Ingram, Duke, Booker, Burkhead, Collins, Foreman, Breida
WR- Cooks, A-Rob, TY, Funchess, MBryant, Godwin, MWilliams, Golladay
TE-Engram
PK- M.Crosby
LB- CJ Mosley, L David
DE- Fowler, Okafor
DB- Clinton-Dix, Rashad Jones

24 player roster/12 team/0.5 PPR/IDP/4 player Taxi

QB- Luck, Carr, Bortles
RB- Zeke, Hyde, McKinnon, Henry, A Jones, Drake, Foreman, Booker, Dixon
WR- Evans, Hilton, ARob, Cooper, Watkins, Shepard, C Davis, Gordon, Doctson
TE-Olsen, Kittle
PK- Whatever
DE- Okafor, Hunter
LB- Buccanon, Mack
S- Baker, Mathieu

DynastyDeepDive
Starter
Starter

Re: Flash in the pans

Postby DynastyDeepDive » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:31 pm

I picked up Inman to see what happens. Even with Meredith coming back next year, he could end up being their #2.
Never know
In too many leagues to list players. Check out my Dynasty Deep Dive!

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:48 pm

I've noticed that often when a backup QB suddenly gets a start, the receiver they are most familiar with from practice has a big game. This might explain Ricky Seals-Jones this past week. It doesn't extend past the first week very often.

zelldawg26
Role Player
Role Player

Postby zelldawg26 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:17 pm

Tsunami wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:48 pm I've noticed that often when a backup QB suddenly gets a start, the receiver they are most familiar with from practice has a big game. This might explain Ricky Seals-Jones this past week. It doesn't extend past the first week very often.
I agree, and I wouldn't put it past him to have another game like that this year, but I'm sure he isn't the future TE for AZ. I'd put my money on Chad Williams and give him a try though if there's room. Currently I'm trying to decide whether I go with Shaheen and hold or Inman and hold. I'm WR heavy though. Would like to hang onto Barber as well if I can, but can't keep everyone.
4 player Taxi Squad

TE-Engram
PK- M.Crosby
LB- CJ Mosley, L David
DE- Fowler, Okafor

QB- Luck, Carr, Bortles
TE-Olsen, Kittle
PK- Whatever
DE- Okafor, Hunter
LB- Buccanon, Mack
S- Baker, Mathieu

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:58 am

Inman is the only one that I'm interested in, unless it's an incredibly deep league. (Shaheen should have already been rostered in leagues with any sort of depth)

CAP is a total nobody.

Seals-Jones would only be a flyer worth picking up in SUPER deep and/TE premium leagues, especially on a rebuilding squad where you're cutting old fat and adding lotto picks.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

zelldawg26
Role Player
Role Player

Postby zelldawg26 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:34 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:58 am CAP is a total nobody.
Coming from the guy who's rostering the Browns' 7th round RB. I'll take my chances with the SEC back. :wtf:
4 player Taxi Squad

TE-Engram
PK- M.Crosby
LB- CJ Mosley, L David
DE- Fowler, Okafor

QB- Luck, Carr, Bortles
TE-Olsen, Kittle
PK- Whatever
DE- Okafor, Hunter
LB- Buccanon, Mack
S- Baker, Mathieu

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:04 pm

zelldawg26 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:34 pm
Coming from the guy who's rostering the Browns' 7th round RB. I'll take my chances with the SEC back. :wtf:
Haha it's a 12-team league with 65-man rosters. Everyone with a pulse is on a squad. But yes, Dayes is almost certainly JAG, but he's the devil I don't know. We don't know for sure that he isn't special, whereas CAP has seen the field plenty in his time, and has very little to show for it.
HERBERT, Baker
KITTLE
/
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
KITTLE, Goedert
/
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
/
R WILSON, Minshew
KELCE, Schultz
/
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
LAPORTA

zelldawg26
Role Player
Role Player

Postby zelldawg26 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:35 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:04 pm
Haha it's a 12-team league with 65-man rosters. Everyone with a pulse is on a squad. But yes, Dayes is almost certainly JAG, but he's the devil I don't know. We don't know for sure that he isn't special, whereas CAP has seen the field plenty in his time, and has very little to show for it.
True, I guess Cap might even be on someone's team in your league which makes it irrelevant. I was just noticing his action this past week. He was given the chance while Carolina was already up so you are probably right about that. I'm just sick of JStew and his mediocre play making lately that he's done with that kind of opportunity. I feel they should give the guy (CAP) a chance once in a while but he will probably always remain a non polished handcuff. Was nice to see the stats though.
4 player Taxi Squad

TE-Engram
PK- M.Crosby
LB- CJ Mosley, L David
DE- Fowler, Okafor

QB- Luck, Carr, Bortles
TE-Olsen, Kittle
PK- Whatever
DE- Okafor, Hunter
LB- Buccanon, Mack
S- Baker, Mathieu

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:11 pm

Incorrect, in the 3 years since he was drafted CAP has only played in 17 games with 3 starts and in those games he's had a grand total of 93 carries (roughly 5.5 per game) for 406 yards (4.4 yards per carry) with 4 TDs. He's barely been given a chance to play at all and when he has he's been nothing but efficient and at the very least, dependable.
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:57 pm

StableOfRBs wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:11 pm

Incorrect, in the 3 years since he was drafted CAP has only played in 17 games with 3 starts and in those games he's had a grand total of 93 carries (roughly 5.5 per game) for 406 yards (4.4 yards per carry) with 4 TDs. He's barely been given a chance to play at all and when he has he's been nothing but efficient and at the very least, dependable.
Um, given his road to the NFL, that's a LOT of opportunity. Now don't get me wrong, he hasn't fallen flat on his face (otherwise he'd be working at Applebee's somewhere), but he hasn't done a thing to deserve a spot on most dynasty rosters.
HERBERT, Baker
KITTLE
/
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
KITTLE, Goedert
/
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
/
R WILSON, Minshew
KELCE, Schultz
/
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
LAPORTA

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:38 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:57 pm
StableOfRBs wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:11 pm
Um, given his road to the NFL, that's a LOT of opportunity. Now don't get me wrong, he hasn't fallen flat on his face (otherwise he'd be working at Applebee's somewhere), but he hasn't done a thing to deserve a spot on most dynasty rosters.
He's a 5th round draft pick who spent most of the first 2 seasons as a healthy scratch because he doesn't play on special teams and the only reason he got any starts was because JStew got hurt in 2016. Considering how many UDFAs and late round picks get play these days, especially at the RB position, you can't really tell me that 93 rushing attempts in 2.5 years is a lot. Just look at guys like Rob Kelley and Chris Carson and Thomas Rawls or even guys like Orleans Darkwa. Those are just the one's I can think of off the top of my head and the only one who has fewer career attempts than CAPs 93 is Carson with 49 in the 4 games he's played. Considering how often committee backfields are used nowadays with late round picks and UDFAs you can't tell me he's had a lot of opportunity, especially when he's been a healthy scratch for over half of his NFL career.

I totally get if he wasn't deserving of a roster spot previously but JStew is gonna be 31 this spring and is on a 1 year deal in 2018 the Panthers could easily get out of. I'm not saying CAP is gonna come in and take over as a feature back but he could easily become the early down/short yardage/GL thumper with CMC taking the majority of offensive snaps like how they're doing it with Stewart now. CAP has looked solid in the limited work he's had over his career so far with the Panthers and with JStew currently setting a new career low in efficiency it's not crazy to think that next year CAP inherits his role of ~14 carries per game with TD upside.

Even in a 12 team, 25 player roster there are worse players that you could stash on the end of your bench.
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:

zelldawg26
Role Player
Role Player

Postby zelldawg26 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:47 pm

Kind of have to agree here. I feel like CAP could at the very least inherit a few extra carries toward the end of the year. He looked good in the last game and if he gets 7 or more carries again, it's time to take it into consideration.
4 player Taxi Squad

TE-Engram
PK- M.Crosby
LB- CJ Mosley, L David
DE- Fowler, Okafor

QB- Luck, Carr, Bortles
TE-Olsen, Kittle
PK- Whatever
DE- Okafor, Hunter
LB- Buccanon, Mack
S- Baker, Mathieu

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:24 pm

Has he not been in camp for 3 years or whatever? That's a ton of opportunity to show something, especially since it is the same coaching staff.

Unless you think the coaching staff is totally inept or blind As bad as the running game has been you'd think he'd be in there at some point. Must be they've not seen what you see or he has mental mistakes and they don't want to risk him. My viewpoint as a John Stewart owner since day one this line has been the worst of his career. Hopefully it is due to injuries and they will get better as they get healthy. CAP wouldn't be any better than CMC or the Daily Show.

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:44 pm

cazzie33 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:24 pm Has he not been in camp for 3 years or whatever? That's a ton of opportunity to show something, especially since it is the same coaching staff.

Unless you think the coaching staff is totally inept or blind As bad as the running game has been you'd think he'd be in there at some point. Must be they've not seen what you see or he has mental mistakes and they don't want to risk him. My viewpoint as a John Stewart owner since day one this line has been the worst of his career. Hopefully it is due to injuries and they will get better as they get healthy. CAP wouldn't be any better than CMC or the Daily Show.
CAP and JStew have pretty much the same skillset albeit Stewart is a bit heavier, they're both power runners who do their best work between the tackles with 10-12 carries or more per game. Combine that with the fact that CAP doesn't play on special teams and Rivera has come out multiple times over the past couple years and said that he doesn't feel the need to have 3 RBs active on most games and you have a situation where a guy like CAP won't see opportunities when they have a reliable vet to lean on.

The run game has been a bit of an issue but it also hasn't really stopped them from winning games, they're still 7-3 and only 1 game behind leading the division so it's more of an "if it aint broke, dont fix it" situation right now. Also, just because a guy has been on the team for a few years doesn't mean they have opportunities or that just because they may have shown something in practice they'll carve out a role. Guys like Chris Thompson and Bilal Powell have been on their current teams for 4 and 6 years respectively and it took them both that long to get involved in a starting rotation (5 years for Powell since he was getting worked in last year) despite the fact that right now they're probably the best backs on teams that have had questions at RB for at least a couple years.

Given all that it doesn't surprise me that CAP has had very little playing time. This is still a 5th round pick we're talking about, he's not gonna be a world class RB like DJ or Zeke or Bell who can force his way into a starting job, doesn't mean he can't be a dependable between-the-tackles runner who can close out games and get good short yardage/GL work once JStew moves on (which, to me, looks more and more likely every week). There are worse guys you could stash on the end of your bench.

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:14 am

another jag... is Stewart still in the nfl .. he gotta be like 40 or something right? I have to say that coaching staff has neglected the rb position for years and let the better back leave in d Williams ..
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin