My trade just got vetoed. What do I do now?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Re: My trade just got vetoed. What do I do now?

Postby Valhalla » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:08 am

I'm against almost any veto. I think this is a big error by the commissioner.

That said, I think a lot of people here often presume that everyone everywhere is a dynasty vet. This league is entering it's second year. It's quite possible that this commissioner is entering not only his second year of fantasy football, but his second year of being a commissioner. Young or inexperienced commissioners will make decisions like this and often will correct their errors, and make less and less of them with experience.

If this is a league you enjoy, like a friends league or a work league, I wouldn't quit. I'd explain the rationale behind the trade from your perspective and have the other owner explain his/hers. Have a league vote on if it's lopsided enough to veto. That vote might not be a just vote in a young league...but you just have to roll with those punches until people become more experienced.

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:18 am

I totally appreciate the sentiment Valhalla, but if the commissioner is THAT new to commissioning, and/or dynasty as a whole, this could be a long bumpy road to any sort of a reasonable and functional league. I'm not sure I would want to invest that kind of time and money in a league with that little experience, and already vetoing trades with no real reason.
Is there a possibility that the OP might be able to take over commissioning duties while the league is on a learning curve? If not, I personally would suggest finding a league that fits better run by a more experience commissioner. If it's friends and family you can certainly make suggestions, but buckle up.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

briank
All Pro
All Pro

Postby briank » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:36 pm

Win and leave.
12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 9
QB Allen/Tubisky/Lock
RB Mixon/Harris/Etienne
WR DJ Moore
TE Kelce/Irv
2022 1.06/1.09
2023 3x 1st

12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 10
QB Mahomes/Watson/Ryan
RB CMC/Zeke/Mixon/Sanders
WR Evans/Godwin/Robinson/Golladay/Thielen/Lockett/Fuller
TE Kittle/Waller/L. Thomas

12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 10
QB Mahomes/Murray/Brady
RB CMC
WR Adams/Hill/Diggs/AJ Brown/Aiyuk/Woods/R. Moore
TE Kelce/Kittle/Njoku
2x 2023 1sts

12 tm PPR 1.5 for TE Superflex start 2 TE start 12
QB Herbert/Tua/Lawrence/Fields
RB Harris/Etienne
WR Jefferson/Deebo/Lamb/DSmith/Sutton/Juedy/Kirk/E. Moore/R. Moore
TE Kittle/Pitts/Waller/Fant/Njoku
2022 1.01/1.12/2.02

dynasty11
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby dynasty11 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:47 pm

I would definitely get an explanation of why its veto worthy If he can not provide one other then him being in playoffs I would quit. Second year the commish is probably thinking Brees of last year or the year before. This year Brees has had what one maybe two decent games. I also think you may have won by the commish flexing his muscles.
Amber Alert
QB: Herbert, Stafford
RB: Monty, David Johnson, Gurley, Edmonds, Gainwell, Khalil Herbert, K Drake, Gus Edwards, Funck, Toney Jones, tyson williams,
WR: K. Allen, D. Adams, D.J. Chark, Ayiuk, B. Edwards lv, Van jefferson, Gage, M. Callaway,
TE: Kelce, Traughtman.

Question Marks
QB: R. Wilson, C. Wentz
RB: Fournett, D Cook, Mike Davis, Swift, Gurley, Mattison, David Johnson
WR: K. Allen, DJM, ARob, Hilton, C Davis, S. Shepard
TE: Waller, Ertz

Samhain34
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Samhain34 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:04 pm

First: Your commish is a chode.
Second, you're not even getting the better end of the deal; I like your partner's side.
Third: Bring up this trade in the league message board with a link to this thread, or if you don't want to see your commish cry, offer to start a thread where that exact thread is mentioned. I bet you'll have plenty of love for both sides of that trade.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:36 pm

BigBawseRoss wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:38 am franks red hot is the superior hot sauce
Not in love with any of the big name hot sauces but if I have to buy it at the store it's Cholula for me.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:46 pm

btv802 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:36 pm
BigBawseRoss wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:38 am franks red hot is the superior hot sauce
Not in love with any of the big name hot sauces but if I have to buy it at the store it's Cholula for me.
I used to be a big Cholula fan too (still am, I guess), but after trying them side by side, I honestly think Tapatio is superior. The fact that it’s like 1/3 of the price of Cholula is just a bonus.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ryantacular » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:34 am

I feel the other guy won the trade big time. Not even close. Dumb to veto, dumb to even have vetos. Quit.

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:23 pm

I won't play a league where commish one person has veto power
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

Prickler
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Prickler » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:03 am

You make as many win now trades as you can before the deadline. Mortgage the future, hopefully cash out, and immediately leave the league. That commish sounds like a douche and that league won't last.

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:09 pm

M-Dub wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:46 pm
I used to be a big Cholula fan too (still am, I guess), but after trying them side by side, I honestly think Tapatio is superior. The fact that it’s like 1/3 of the price of Cholula is just a bonus.
Another vote for Tapatio right here

Capitalist Pig
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Capitalist Pig » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:36 pm

Don't play in veto leagues. period. opens the door for 'payback' votes on future trades.
Eat more BACON. You won't be sorry.

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:46 pm

UnitedLoon wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:32 pm You quit. Immediately. Trying to figure out in what world that trade is vetoable.
X2. This is the kind of thing that forces me to remember to listen to the better angel of my nature and not be a major vindictive blank and cut my whole team before quitting just to screw the commish over forcing him to clean up the free agent bonanza I dumped in the leagues lap.

This really is infuriating and it’s why having protests be allowed and commissioners in a league is so problematic. It shouldn’t be difficult to figure out what trades are collusion or exploiting a rube, but this hack has made it seem like calculus. It isn’t.

cvbuc
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cvbuc » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:33 am

treat this as a teachable moment. Have the commish read this thread and put in rules to abolish trade vetoing. I had a trade vetoed earlier this year by league vote (first in league history) in what is easily my favorite league. It shocked me. The advice I got on the forum was to quit. Instead I used the veto as a platform to get the league to vote to end trade vetoing. The league is better for it now. (and ironically, though at the time the trade was considered a tremendous haul for me and completely unfair in my favor by the league - it turns out my team is MUCH better off that the trade was vetoed).
TEAM ONE
12 Team PPR League / 5pt passing TDs
2020 & 2021 CHAMPS (2022 Runner Up)
Start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1Flex 1TE 1K 23 Man Active Roster / 3 TAXI SQUAD SPOT
QB - L. Jackson, Cousins
RB - Swift, Ekeler, K. Mitchell, A. Mattison, D. Foreman, C. Rodriguez, E. Mitchell, S, Tucker, J. Wilson
WR - Amon Ra, D. Smith, M. Pittman, DK Metcalf, Jayden Reed, D. Douglas, K. Shakir, D. Wicks, T. Tucker, T. Scott
TE - Kelce, C. Otton, I. Likely, D. Washington
K - B. Aubrey
DEF - Eagles, Dolphins

Ghosted
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ghosted » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:38 pm

M-Dub wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:46 pm
1.01 - Frank's
1.02 - Cholula

tier break

1.03 - Tapatio