Alex Collins

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Alex Collins

Postby Jason » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:06 am

I'm a huge fan of Alex Collins. Picked him up off the scrapheap week 2 last year when he showed flashes against the Browns and then fumbled lol.

I think his success last year did buy him some leash in that department. Kenny Dixon can't stay healthy and his multiple suspensions just makes him an unreliable piece, but I recognize if something happened to Collins and he played well that it could get tricky.

Sure it's a negative that there's no investment from the team but the positive about Alex Collins being a restricted free agent next year is he put a tremendous season on tape for other teams, I think he'll land on his feet in the unlikely event he got usurped.

Alex Collins the player showed me everything I needed to see. Explosiveness, vision, power. I think something clicked, maybe he just wasn't a fit for Seattle's system, idk, but he ran with confidence and tenacity. Maybe he was thinking too much and putting too much pressure on himself his rookie year, not unlike Thomas Rawls actually who tried to break a big run every play because he felt like he was playing for his job.

Collins was competent the 2nd half of the season catching passes. He'll never be Kamara and he doesn't have to be, with 15-20 carries a game, all the goalline work and 30 or so receptions, he's a strong RB2 imo.

I also love them getting back Marshall Yanda and investing in the OL in the draft with Orlando Brown. The OL should be improved, and I fully believe that Lamar Jackson's presence will be a huge benefit. The arrow is pointing up imo. There's risk, but the reward outweighs what you could get for him right now so he's a strong hold to me.

fakespike13
Role Player
Role Player

Postby fakespike13 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:56 am

Jason wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:06 am I'm a huge fan of Alex Collins. Picked him up off the scrapheap week 2 last year when he showed flashes against the Browns and then fumbled lol.

I think his success last year did buy him some leash in that department. Kenny Dixon can't stay healthy and his multiple suspensions just makes him an unreliable piece, but I recognize if something happened to Collins and he played well that it could get tricky.

Sure it's a negative that there's no investment from the team but the positive about Alex Collins being a restricted free agent next year is he put a tremendous season on tape for other teams, I think he'll land on his feet in the unlikely event he got usurped.

Alex Collins the player showed me everything I needed to see. Explosiveness, vision, power. I think something clicked, maybe he just wasn't a fit for Seattle's system, idk, but he ran with confidence and tenacity. Maybe he was thinking too much and putting too much pressure on himself his rookie year, not unlike Thomas Rawls actually who tried to break a big run every play because he felt like he was playing for his job.

Collins was competent the 2nd half of the season catching passes. He'll never be Kamara and he doesn't have to be, with 15-20 carries a game, all the goalline work and 30 or so receptions, he's a strong RB2 imo.

I also love them getting back Marshall Yanda and investing in the OL in the draft with Orlando Brown. The OL should be improved, and I fully believe that Lamar Jackson's presence will be a huge benefit. The arrow is pointing up imo. There's risk, but the reward outweighs what you could get for him right now so he's a strong hold to me.
Your marklars are wise and true.

Also just want to add that Sean Koerner has Collins ranked as RB #16 in his site (RB1 in my league👍 ).

Silva, Sharp, Koerner all love Collins. That’s some high company. I think he has top 10 RB potential, this year and beyond.
Auesome Ekcellent
2013, 2017, 2018 Champ
16 team PPR, 20 man rosters + 10 player taxi, QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR, TE, D, K

QB: Wilson, Mayfield, Lance, Hill
RB: Kamara, Cook, Ekeler, CEH, Akers, Mattison, Ty Johnson, Funk, Nwangwu
WR: Tyreek, McLaurin, Diontae Johnson, Aiyuk, Golladay, Chark, Edwards, Shenault, Palmer, Dyami
TE: Kittle, Thomas

2022: 1,2,3,4,5

Irrational Integers
12 team SF
QB: Prescott, Watson, Minshew, D Jones, Newton
RB: Swift, J Williams, Akers, Cordarrelle, Mitchell
WR: Waddle, E Moore, Claypool, Patterson, R Moore, Bourne, Callaway, Treadwell
TE: Goedert, Shultz, Tonyan, Moreau, Parham

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:53 pm

kamihamster wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:59 am I like Collins, but I traded him away for Kerryon Johnson. Collins could probably improve a bit on his 2017 season but I don't think it would be all that much. While KJ has not shown anything, I think his ceiling is much higher than Collins. KJ has better hands and is on a team that paid a lot to get him. He could be another Detroit RB that does nothing, but I think with a change in coaching, and the draft investment made in him, I can see Kerryon being worth a whole lot more than Collins this time next year... even he disappoints, I think there will be some value insulation and you could recoup 80% whereas if Collins has a bad year, his price would likely plummet.
Just crypto-bumping to highlight this trade. Regardless of what you think of Kerryon Johnson, this is textbook.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:56 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:53 pm
kamihamster wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:59 am I like Collins, but I traded him away for Kerryon Johnson. Collins could probably improve a bit on his 2017 season but I don't think it would be all that much. While KJ has not shown anything, I think his ceiling is much higher than Collins. KJ has better hands and is on a team that paid a lot to get him. He could be another Detroit RB that does nothing, but I think with a change in coaching, and the draft investment made in him, I can see Kerryon being worth a whole lot more than Collins this time next year... even he disappoints, I think there will be some value insulation and you could recoup 80% whereas if Collins has a bad year, his price would likely plummet.
Just crypto-bumping to highlight this trade. Regardless of what you think of Kerryon Johnson, this is textbook.
What a post

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:12 am

Does crypto-bumping mean that Pullo gets bitcoin if we read this thread? :think:

Regardless, a very astute prediction by kamihamster. :clap:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:57 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:53 pm
Good looking out K-ham!

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:29 am

Collins arrested this morning for a car crash incident. Time in Baltimore may be officially up.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

DLF_TylerK
Captain
Captain

Postby DLF_TylerK » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:03 am

UATahoe wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:29 am Collins arrested this morning for a car crash incident. Time in Baltimore may be officially up.
I assumed his time in Baltimore was up already. But this is probably it for his time in the NFL if it's anything serious at all. I figured he would get a backup job before this news, but now I'm not sure of that.
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TylerFFCreator
Check out my DLF Author Profile for all my articles: https://dynastyleaguefootball.com/author/karpj123/

robbie80robbie
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby robbie80robbie » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:52 am

UATahoe wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:29 am Collins arrested this morning for a car crash incident. Time in Baltimore may be officially up.
This is awesome...i shipped him and gus off for 2.01 and 4.01 last night...
I have too many teams to list...

"i never worry about what people think..they don't do it often.."

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:29 am

jkid2 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:03 am
I assumed his time in Baltimore was up already. But this is probably it for his time in the NFL if it's anything serious at all. I figured he would get a backup job before this news, but now I'm not sure of that.
But he was PFF 3rd best graded RB in 2017

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:34 am

thebeast wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:29 am
jkid2 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:03 am
But he was PFF 3rd best graded RB in 2017
And Gus was pretty high on the that same list for rookies in 2018!

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:05 am

robbie80robbie wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:52 am
This is awesome...i shipped him and gus off for 2.01 and 4.01 last night...
Yep... so awesome that your fantasy status benefits by a less than timely trade between you and another - and your joy full for a car accident incident.... :crazy: Happy for ya.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

DLF_TylerK
Captain
Captain

Postby DLF_TylerK » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:59 pm

Collins was just waived by the Ravens. I guess that doesn't mean anything, but it gives some clarity to that Ravens situation. Allen, Montgomery are also both UFAs, so it's just Dixon and Edwards for now. I assume a RB of note gets added there though, via FA or the draft. Collins is probably in a good amount of legal trouble for him to be cut so quickly. I think he's done in the NFL.
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TylerFFCreator
Check out my DLF Author Profile for all my articles: https://dynastyleaguefootball.com/author/karpj123/

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:00 pm

Would have to agree. The quick cut makes one think this doesn’t end well for Collins.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:10 pm

So I guess he goes from RFA to UFA? Under Federal Authority