Alex Collins

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Re: Alex Collins

Postby kamihamster » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:59 am

I like Collins, but I traded him away for Kerryon Johnson. Collins could probably improve a bit on his 2017 season but I don't think it would be all that much. While KJ has not shown anything, I think his ceiling is much higher than Collins. KJ has better hands and is on a team that paid a lot to get him. He could be another Detroit RB that does nothing, but I think with a change in coaching, and the draft investment made in him, I can see Kerryon being worth a whole lot more than Collins this time next year... even he disappoints, I think there will be some value insulation and you could recoup 80% whereas if Collins has a bad year, his price would likely plummet.
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:24 am

Baltimore RB history alone suggests there will be a different starting RB by mid-season. Dixon is talented. Collins is talented. Buck is a bit less talented but has his moments. I wouldn't want to rely on any of this RBBC for too long.

fakespike13
Role Player
Role Player

Postby fakespike13 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:30 am

Servo wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:33 am
Weknownothing86 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:22 pm I just don’t understand why guys like Collins are doubted by si many.
As a former SEC school alum, I watched Collins a decent amount and thought he was a solid player. But the guy didn't have a good combine and fell into the 5th round...barely played as a rookie and was signed to Baltimore's practice squad....and only was promoted because Woodhead went down in week 1 or 2.

Again, I'm not here to hold that against Collins but look at that timeline and tell me that's a guy you would have had on your roster before September 16th, 2017. Personally, I picked him up on September 20th and today I could really be kicking myself because I traded him for a 2nd rounder when I probably will have been better off keeping him. :crazy:

To me all a guy like Collins embodies is that late round RBs just need a chance, and there will always be those who get it. Be sure to keep up on the news and waiver wire. The hard part is valuing these players, and whether or not the performance they put up will make the team commit.
I picked him up Sept 7th.
Auesome Ekcellent
2013, 2017, 2018 Champ
16 team PPR, 20 man rosters + 10 player taxi, QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR, TE, D, K

QB: Wilson, Mayfield, Lance, Hill
RB: Kamara, Cook, Ekeler, CEH, Akers, Mattison, Ty Johnson, Funk, Nwangwu
WR: Tyreek, McLaurin, Diontae Johnson, Aiyuk, Golladay, Chark, Edwards, Shenault, Palmer, Dyami
TE: Kittle, Thomas

2022: 1,2,3,4,5

Irrational Integers
12 team SF
QB: Prescott, Watson, Minshew, D Jones, Newton
RB: Swift, J Williams, Akers, Cordarrelle, Mitchell
WR: Waddle, E Moore, Claypool, Patterson, R Moore, Bourne, Callaway, Treadwell
TE: Goedert, Shultz, Tonyan, Moreau, Parham

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:13 pm

Deja vu with the argument around Rawls a year ago... Some ridiculous DLF ranker had him ranked too high and there was a 50 page thread on how great he was and that he was the clear starter in Sea who they were committed to.

JDogil12
Starter
Starter

Postby JDogil12 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:23 pm

thebeast wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:13 pm Deja vu with the argument around Rawls a year ago... Some ridiculous DLF ranker had him ranked too high and there was a 50 page thread on how great he was and that he was the clear starter in Sea who they were committed to.
Not sure how the situations are similar, Collins isnt coming off an hairline fracture that cause him to miss 7 games. Collins was also just 27 yards away from 1000 despite only being the guy for 12 games. He is their goal line guy and will see the bulk of the load. Nobody is saying he is a world beater but he will return value this year considering how little value he has

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:57 pm

I'll just leave these here...
Dd3u6TDUwAAwFb5.jpg
Dd3u6TDUwAAwFb5.jpg (92.72 KiB) Viewed 377 times
Di0WDbjVAAA08al.jpg
Di0WDbjVAAA08al.jpg (138.64 KiB) Viewed 377 times
DU5GLChX4AEpX_O.jpg large.jpg
DU5GLChX4AEpX_O.jpg large.jpg (165.59 KiB) Viewed 377 times
This is also worth a read...

http://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/bl ... eplace-him
Overall in 2017, Collins’ 50% rushing success rate ranked fourth among 32 running backs with at least 150 carries, trailing only Todd Gurley, Ezekiel Elliott, and Dion Lewis. And Collins faced the league’s eighth-hardest run-defense schedule. Elliott and Lewis both faced easier-than-average slates. Collins’ 4.6 YPC average ranked fifth among those 32 backs.

It was tremendous efficiency relative to Collins’ situation. He wasn’t playing with Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, Sean McVay, or the Cowboys’ offensive line. Collins tore it up with Joe Flacco, Marty Mornhinweg, and the league’s most-injured line blocking for him. And their tight end corps – a big factor in run blocking – was sixth-most injured across the league.
Don't listen to anyone that says Collins was only good due to opportunity...unless they're willing to say the same about Zeke, Hunt, etc.

Said it before and I'll say it again, one of the most underrated RBs in the league.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:32 pm

Well, I have enough shares that I hope I’m wrong and a lot of you guys are right.

fakespike13
Role Player
Role Player

Postby fakespike13 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:42 pm

Auesome Ekcellent
2013, 2017, 2018 Champ

WR: Tyreek, McLaurin, Diontae Johnson, Aiyuk, Golladay, Chark, Edwards, Shenault, Palmer, Dyami

Irrational Integers
12 team SF

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:06 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:02 pm
DJB wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:42 pm Collins is the clear starter its not even close
Of course he is, right now. This is a Dynasty forum, and the thread was started during the season last year. Not trying to offend, but you've stated the obvious as of July 24th, 2018, and nothing else.
There are comments posted as of July 24th, 2018 preceding his comment questioning said obvious status quo.
Johnny Canuck wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:57 pm I'll just leave these here...

Dd3u6TDUwAAwFb5.jpgDi0WDbjVAAA08al.jpgDU5GLChX4AEpX_O.jpg large.jpg

Overall in 2017, Collins’ 50% rushing success rate ranked fourth among 32 running backs with at least 150 carries, trailing only Todd Gurley, Ezekiel Elliott, and Dion Lewis. And Collins faced the league’s eighth-hardest run-defense schedule. Elliott and Lewis both faced easier-than-average slates. Collins’ 4.6 YPC average ranked fifth among those 32 backs.

It was tremendous efficiency relative to Collins’ situation. He wasn’t playing with Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, Sean McVay, or the Cowboys’ offensive line. Collins tore it up with Joe Flacco, Marty Mornhinweg, and the league’s most-injured line blocking for him. And their tight end corps – a big factor in run blocking – was sixth-most injured across the league.
Don't listen to anyone that says Collins was only good due to opportunity...unless they're willing to say the same about Zeke, Hunt, etc.
Quoting for truth.

*If* Collins' '17 form returns for '18 -- and barring injury, I don't see why it won't -- Dixon and Allen aren't usurping him as the starter.

I've seen it brought up in another thread that Collins' '18 salary suggests Baltimore doesn't think much of him, and to correct this misconception again before it's brought up again: Collins was an exclusive rights free-agent, so Baltimore didn't have to pay him more than what they re-signed him for. Collins had zero bargaining power, and his only other option was to sit out the entire 2018 season.

The only knock i got on Collins' '17 tape insofar as fantasy concerns is that he's more of 2.5-down RB than 3-down RB. The tape shows me a rich man's Alfred Morris in his prime.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:32 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:06 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:02 pm
DJB wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:42 pm Collins is the clear starter its not even close
Of course he is, right now. This is a Dynasty forum, and the thread was started during the season last year. Not trying to offend, but you've stated the obvious as of July 24th, 2018, and nothing else.
There are comments posted as of July 24th, 2018 preceding his comment questioning said obvious status quo.
Johnny Canuck wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:57 pm I'll just leave these here...

Dd3u6TDUwAAwFb5.jpgDi0WDbjVAAA08al.jpgDU5GLChX4AEpX_O.jpg large.jpg

Quoting for truth.

*If* Collins' '17 form returns for '18 -- and barring injury, I don't see why it won't -- Hill and Allen aren't usurping him as the starter.

I've seen it brought up in another thread that Collins' '18 salary suggests Baltimore doesn't think much of him, and to correct this misconception again before it's brought up again: Collins was an exclusive rights free-agent, so Baltimore didn't have to pay him more than what they re-signed him for. Collins had zero bargaining power, and his only other option was to sit out the entire 2018 season.

The only knock i got on Collins' '17 tape insofar as fantasy concerns is that he's more of 2.5-down RB than 3-down RB. The tape shows me a rich man's Alfred Morris in his prime.
Geez, Alf led the league in rushing, and he's a rich man's version of that??? Agreed he's not really a 3 down back. I love Collins for his price, but own him nowhere. I should probably try for him on a contender.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

fakespike13
Role Player
Role Player

Postby fakespike13 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:35 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:24 am Baltimore RB history alone suggests there will be a different starting RB by mid-season. Dixon is talented. Collins is talented. Buck is a bit less talented but has his moments. I wouldn't want to rely on any of this RBBC for too long.
:: looks down at your RBs in sig team

i'll buy Evan Silva and Warren Sharp's opinion instead, but thank you for your contribution. :thumbup:
Auesome Ekcellent
2013, 2017, 2018 Champ

Irrational Integers
12 team SF

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:50 pm

fakespike13 wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:35 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:24 am Baltimore RB history alone suggests there will be a different starting RB by mid-season. Dixon is talented. Collins is talented. Buck is a bit less talented but has his moments. I wouldn't want to rely on any of this RBBC for too long.
:: looks down at your RBs in sig team

i'll buy Evan Silva and Warren Sharp's opinion instead, but thank you for your contribution. :thumbup:
Yes, but he said he wouldn't want to rely on any of them, including Dixon.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:08 am

Servo wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:33 am
Weknownothing86 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:22 pm I just don’t understand why guys like Collins are doubted by si many.
As a former SEC school alum, I watched Collins a decent amount and thought he was a solid player. But the guy didn't have a good combine and fell into the 5th round...barely played as a rookie and was signed to Baltimore's practice squad....and only was promoted because Woodhead went down in week 1 or 2.

Again, I'm not here to hold that against Collins but look at that timeline and tell me that's a guy you would have had on your roster before September 16th, 2017. Personally, I picked him up on September 20th and today I could really be kicking myself because I traded him for a 2nd rounder when I probably will have been better off keeping him. :crazy:

To me all a guy like Collins embodies is that late round RBs just need a chance, and there will always be those who get it. Be sure to keep up on the news and waiver wire. The hard part is valuing these players, and whether or not the performance they put up will make the team commit.
After looking over my MFL leagues it looks like he was picked up Sept/Oct 2017 in about 60% of my leagues last year. Usually in the ones that were 25man or less leagues, whereas 14-16 team leagues or ones with 26+ man rosters owners found a way to stash him. He sort of reminds me of a poor-mans CJA - and just like CJA he'll need to stay healthy to keep his role (or he'll have to re-win it each year).
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Pet_Smith
Starter
Starter

Postby Pet_Smith » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:43 am

Sounds about right. I held him on my Taxi squad all through 2016 then had to cut him at the start of last year once Seattle cut him... only to see him picked up off waivers and turn in an RB1 performance for the second half of the season. Wish I had roster space to stash him longer
Dynasty - 9th year, 12-team, Standard scoring, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1K, 1DE/DT, 1LB, 1CB/S - 25man roster / 6 Taxi Squad
'17 Champ, '18 Runner Up, '23 rebuild

QB Watson, A Richardson, O' Connel (TS)
RB Gibbs, Akers, Dillon Carter, Bigsby, Chase Brown, Mcintosh, Tucker, Hull (TS)
WR Metcalf, DJ Moore, Addison, Meyers, Van Jefferson, Collins, Claypool, Mingo (TS), Hyatt (TS), Wilson (TS)
TE Higbee, Freirmuth, Otton (TS)
K Joseph
DE/DT Hunter
LB Franklin Simmons
C/S James

1.01, 1.04

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:30 am

"Dixon walked off the field early in practice with a trainer and did not return"

lol geez