Alvin Kamara: Confident or Concerned

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Re: Kamara the best 2017 rb rookie?

Postby Orenthal Shames » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:40 am

If you look at running backs in the context of 2-3 year windows, he's definitely in the conversation.

Fournette' s injury issues have followed him into the league. The Bengals offensive line problems aren't getting immensely better in one draft for Mixon and CMC plays a similar role without showing the ability to run between the tackles. Cook looked great, but there's always question marks post major injury.

Dealer's choice imo
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:06 pm

Better between tackles runner than McCaffrey, better breaking tackles than McCaffrey, better GL back... McCaffrey better route runner , slightly better hands for CMC

Situation better for Kamara due to line and more accurate QB to hit him in stride, not to mention audibling into better play after reading defense (not a Cam strength)

As for the rest Cook had the most opportunity for total package but not as explosive an offense. Mixon in a bad situation with Cincy but still believe tops in talent. Just going to take time. Fournette has been getting nicked up since college days and not in the same ballpark as a receiver. Volume keeps him in the lead dog conversation.

Hunt is still the least talented of the top six imho. Got off to a great start which had his PR off the charts. Showed more talent than I thought he had but after taking an NFL beating for 5_6 games of heavy usage he is not as exuberant hitting the jets as he seems worn down at least a bit. Not able to produce big numbers at 90% or less of his capacity. Margin of success is less for him as he doesn't have excessive power ,speed combo. Agile & versatile enough to still be good,even very good but not great. Put Mixon in his place and watch out. Conversely if Hunt went to Bengals he wouldn't be in the conversation.

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:42 am

I always had them LF,cook and karma ...i Under estimated hunt ...
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

bigchiefbc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby bigchiefbc » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:12 pm

I had Cook as my #1 RB heading into the draft and I don't have any reason to change that opinion with what he showed. But I readily admit I was wrong about Kamara, who I was not high on based on the tape I watched. He's definitely in the #2 conversation with Fournette and Hunt. Mixon I have slightly lower, almost solely based on situation.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:09 pm

bigchiefbc wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:12 pm I had Cook as my #1 RB heading into the draft and I don't have any reason to change that opinion with what he showed. But I readily admit I was wrong about Kamara, who I was not high on based on the tape I watched. He's definitely in the #2 conversation with Fournette and Hunt. Mixon I have slightly lower, almost solely based on situation.
This was pretty much verbatim, my thoughts on the rookie RBs this year. Dalvin was my #1 guy going into the draft, and I wanted no part of Kamara at his mid-First price tag (or his late-First price, post-draft). Silly me... :cry:
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:21 am

I reluctantly picked him up in the third round of 10 team idp before Foreman...sometimes things work out
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

jaykay22
Starter
Starter

Postby jaykay22 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:07 pm

As a Kamara owner in my home league, and as a noob who thought he wasn't very special ahead of the draft, I'm eating this crow with a soup ladle, that's how much I love it.

Sorry for ever doubting you, Alvin. Please proceed with the rest of your ROTY campaign and don't mind me.
#FreeCoreyDavis

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:03 pm

IR1 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:21 am I reluctantly picked him up in the third round of 10 team idp before Foreman...sometimes things work out
Can you post a link to your draft? That's pretty insane that both he and Foreman were outside of the top 20 picks
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:37 pm

Coogan Football wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:03 pm
IR1 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:21 am I reluctantly picked him up in the third round of 10 team idp before Foreman...sometimes things work out
Can you post a link to your draft? That's pretty insane that both he and Foreman were outside of the top 20 picks
MFL- looks like we simply added rather than used the draft option, it’s idp heavy- start 7 on offense and 11 on defense- 3rd year of league and still a lot of drafting for need
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

Rasorin
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Rasorin » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:58 pm

Wow. Picked him up 1.8 in 10 team ppr league. Looks like LeVBell with his lateral movement, balance and hands, plus incredible burst. Insane and underrated based on pre-season analysis. Wow...

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:10 pm

I got it as Fournette, Mixon, Kamara, Cook, Hunt, CMC, Perine. I had a feeling I would miss on one of Ross or Kamara. He is the real deal, especially for fantasy purposes.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:36 am

I had Mixon,Cook, Kamara,Fournette, CMC .... Hunt, Mack,Cohen,B. Hill ,Perine , DeAngelo Henderson as my draftable RB's.

Took over 1-12 PPR orphaned squad. Traded assets in A. Rob & B. Cooks to amass picks and Tyfreak, R.Anderson to picks already owned. Had 1.02 , 1.05 &2.02 going into our draft us some 3rd & 4th rds. Draft was week after NFL rookies draft. (Pre Ware injury)

Traded 1.05 while on the clock (Cook) for Tyreek & 1.09. Going to pick Kamara all along. PPR lg so a guy wanted J.Ross bad. Sends me the 1.10 & 3.09 to secure the Bengals rookie. I get Kamara,Golladay & Tyreek for Cooks. He's happy,I'm more than happy to get what I consider 3 quality starters potentially.

Ended up Mixon (2) Kamara(9) Mack (2.09) plus Cohen,Hill ,DeAngelo late rds plus Golladay ,Hollins (Phil), R. Davis (wash), J. Malone(Cincy) @ WR's. Kittle & Rico @ TE. C.Kelly & Mahomes @ QB . Quite an overhaul replacing 19 of 32 possible spots in IR/Taxi & active roster. Added Ekeler early in season on waivers.

Even now the only change I'd make is drop Cook to 3rd and B.Hill out all together. Not as big a Fournette fan in PPR plus his nagging injuries history...CMC I don't ever see being a between the tackles runner. Still has high value on volume of catches like Kamara. Cohen I still have high hopes for if/when they bring in a creative offensive coordinator. Hunt I See as a CJA type. Mack is a wild card. If Colts don't bring in New RB and give him the main gig he could be like Ajayi

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:50 am

I gotta say he keeps performing, might be my #2 now. However I doubt he can keep this pace up, it's kinda like Coleman's TD pace last year
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

Concept Coop
Starter
Starter

Postby Concept Coop » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:59 pm

I'm treating him as the most valuable RB from the 2017 class.

hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Postby hjernazian » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:44 am

I wouldn't say he's the BEST rb, although he looks the part, I would say he's 1- in the best situation with the best running game in the league 2- possibly the most PPR valuable along with CMC. With that said, I would kill to have him. A trade went down before the season in our league where he was traded for T. Riddick. That owner now boasts David Johnson, Kamara and Ajayi.
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

QB: P. Mahomes $5, C. Newton $20, B. Mayfield $2, D. Brees
RB: D. Johnson $54, N. Chubb $4, T. Coleman $4, D. Henry $14, I. Crowell $3, J. Richard $9, J. Adams $3
WR: A. Robinson $41, T.Y. Hilton $24, J. Landry $25, C. Davis $4, C. Godwin $4, D. Hamilton $3, K. Cole, S. Shephard $10
TE: E. Engram $4, D. Njoku $2, K. Rudolph $3, V. McDonald $4
K/DEF: Irrelevant

2019: 2.04, 2.05, 2.06, 3.06, 4.06

Team 2

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE - 25 man roster + 4 TAXI

QB: T. Brady, M. Ryan, N. Foles
RB: K. Hunt, C. McCaffrey, D. Johnson, T. Coleman, S. Ware, D. Williams, Ito Smith, D. Sproles
WR: AJ Green, A. Robinson, A. Thielen, E. Sanders, G. Tate, S. Roberts
TE: J. Reed, J. Butt, M. Roberts, V. Davis, M. Williams
TAXI: S. Darnold, D. Fountain, D. Cain, Jaleel Scott