Ideal Landing Spots for Saquon

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Ideal Landing Spots for Saquon

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:35 pm

skip wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:59 pm The Colts are the most logical landing spot as all of the other horrible teams need quarterbacks. As terrible as the Giants are at running back, they need to replace Eli Manning in a bad way.
I don't love the idea of drafting a RB, but if our line can stay healthy he would actually thrive in Indy.

There's a misconception out there that Indy has ignored O-line, and that's not true. There's an even bigger misconception that Indy has bad O-linemen. Also not true. We simply have had terrible luck the past couple years with O-line injuries.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:03 am

skip wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:59 pm The Colts are the most logical landing spot as all of the other horrible teams need quarterbacks. As terrible as the Giants are at running back, they need to replace Eli Manning in a bad way.
Barring a total flop at the end of the year by Garropolo the 9ers likely won't be looking for a QB either.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:20 am

Vcize wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:03 am
Barring a total flop at the end of the year by Garropolo the 9ers likely won't be looking for a QB either.
I still think they strongly consider it. Regardless, they are a team with a large number of needs other than another running back. I'm not a big fan of Hyde but he may very well be the best player on that team. And that is sad.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Ghosted
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ghosted » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:22 am

I think SF is probably the most likely and best spot of the top teams. Would be a nice start if they could get JG, Barkley and ARob together.

Fezzik
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Fezzik » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:46 am

Ghosted wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:22 am I think SF is probably the most likely and best spot of the top teams. Would be a nice start if they could get JG, Barkley and ARob together.
Have the Shanahan's EVER devoted a lot of draft capital to the RB position? Isn't their thing getting good ones late? It just doesn't seem to fit the MO.

Lynch has started off fantastically in my opinion with the moves he made last year going from pick 2 to 3. Bears were stupid but not his fault. Can't see him burning an early first on a RB.

Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jason » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:18 pm

skip wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:20 am
I still think they strongly consider it. Regardless, they are a team with a large number of needs other than another running back. I'm not a big fan of Hyde but he may very well be the best player on that team. And that is sad.
I've been steadfast that Bradley Pinion is our best player. He's at least top 3 imo at his position, just has an unreal knack for pinning teams inside their 20.

Yes it's depressing that I consider a punter our best player, and yes it speaks volumes for the state of our franchise.

Ghosted
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ghosted » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:39 pm

Fezzik wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:46 am
Ghosted wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:22 am I think SF is probably the most likely and best spot of the top teams. Would be a nice start if they could get JG, Barkley and ARob together.
Have the Shanahan's EVER devoted a lot of draft capital to the RB position? Isn't their thing getting good ones late? It just doesn't seem to fit the MO.

Lynch has started off fantastically in my opinion with the moves he made last year going from pick 2 to 3. Bears were stupid but not his fault. Can't see him burning an early first on a RB.
I'm not sure how much autonomy Kyle has ever had in draft decisions prior to last year, and it's kind of hard to judge him based on Mike's decisions in a different NFL. It's a good point though.

Riffraff
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby Riffraff » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:26 pm

SF would get a kings ransom to trade out of the top 2 or 3 spot from a QB needy team.

cweds
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby cweds » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:08 pm

How many teams picking in the top 5 don't have a large number of needs?
Team 1 (3rd Season):
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr
Start QB,2RB,2WR,TE,FLEX
24 Man Active Roster
QB: Wilson, Wentz
RB: Freeman, D. Cook, Jamal Williams, Carson, AP, Lindsay, RJ
WR: Adams, T. Hill, Thielen, M. Bryant, Golladay, Trequan Smith, Pettis, MVS, J'mon Moore, C. Williams
TE: Olsen, Gescicki, Ebron, J. Smith
2019: 1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Team 2 (2nd season):
12 team 4pt Pass TDs/.5ppr
Start QB,2RB,2WR,TE,3FLEX
25 Man Active Roster/3 IR spots
QB: Mariota, Roethlisberger, Trubisky
RB: DJ, Guice, Penny, Royce Freeman, Conner, Carson, Kelly, Dixon, Morris
WR: Allen, JJSS, Landry, Robinson, Watkins, Godwin, Callaway, Allison, Doctson, J. Moore, MVS
TE: Kelce, Njoku

krombj19
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby krombj19 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:32 pm

cweds wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:08 pm

How many teams picking in the top 5 don't have a large number of needs?
All of them are in the top 5 because their team is absolute garbage for the most part..
Barkley for President - 10 Teams, 23 Man Rosters, QRRWWWTFDK, Cap is $852 this year and Increases by 5% each year while each players contract goes up by 20% each year. Players can be signed 5 years at a time max unless a rookie, which is 3 if drafted. If won in auction can be 5 years. Can only extend a player once, EX signifies that player is Extended. Devy players count against cap as well.

QB - Jameis Winston EX 2YRS at $42 and Sam Darnold 2YRS at $14

RB - Saquon Barkley 2YRS at $35, Dalvin Cook 1YR at $17, Rex Burkhead 1YR at $4, Ty Montgomery 3YRS at $14, Damien Williams 1YR at $2, Royce Freeman 2YRS at $10

WR - Amari Cooper EX 5YRS at $50, Sammy Watkins EX 3YRS at $60, Golden Tate 1YR at $60, Devante Parker EX 1YR at $35, Kenny Golladay 4YRS at $2

TE - Travis Kelce EX 5YRS at $52, Austin Hooper 2YRS at $12

D/ST - Rams 1YR at $2, Chiefs 1YR at $3

K - Stephen Gostowski 1YR at $3

I own Pick 3.9 in a Devy depleted Rookie/Devy Draft.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:42 pm

Jason wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:18 pm

I've been steadfast that Bradley Pinion is our best player. He's at least top 3 imo at his position, just has an unreal knack for pinning teams inside their 20.

Yes it's depressing that I consider a punter our best player, and yes it speaks volumes for the state of our franchise.
I think Deforest Buckner would like a word with both of you! God just doesn't make a whole lot of 6'7/300lb guys who can move like him.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:34 pm

Why are we all convinced he's going top 4? I think all those teams in the current top 4 have greater need than RB. I also think there's a good shot other teams trade up for those picks.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:16 am

Miami has had some sneaky good run blocking. It seems every week one of their RB's gets through the line untouched for a long gain. I want to draft Barkley tho, so I HOPE TO God he does not end up a Dolphin!
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Postby kamihamster » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:58 pm

How far out there would it be that GB trades up some spots and drafts Barkley? I know they're not known for such moves or spending a lot on the RB position. But just imagine, he'd hardly see stacked boxes with ARod healthy.
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

krombj19
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby krombj19 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:15 am

kamihamster wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:58 pm How far out there would it be that GB trades up some spots and drafts Barkley? I know they're not known for such moves or spending a lot on the RB position. But just imagine, he'd hardly see stacked boxes with ARod healthy.
Id say that if they hadnt drafted three rbs last year that havent exactly worked out that they may be willing to draft him. i go to school about an hour away from GB and would go to a lot of his games if he was a packer
Barkley for President - 10 Teams, 23 Man Rosters, QRRWWWTFDK, Cap is $852 this year and Increases by 5% each year while each players contract goes up by 20% each year. Players can be signed 5 years at a time max unless a rookie, which is 3 if drafted. If won in auction can be 5 years. Can only extend a player once, EX signifies that player is Extended. Devy players count against cap as well.

QB - Jameis Winston EX 2YRS at $42 and Sam Darnold 2YRS at $14

RB - Saquon Barkley 2YRS at $35, Dalvin Cook 1YR at $17, Rex Burkhead 1YR at $4, Ty Montgomery 3YRS at $14, Damien Williams 1YR at $2, Royce Freeman 2YRS at $10

WR - Amari Cooper EX 5YRS at $50, Sammy Watkins EX 3YRS at $60, Golden Tate 1YR at $60, Devante Parker EX 1YR at $35, Kenny Golladay 4YRS at $2

TE - Travis Kelce EX 5YRS at $52, Austin Hooper 2YRS at $12

D/ST - Rams 1YR at $2, Chiefs 1YR at $3

K - Stephen Gostowski 1YR at $3

I own Pick 3.9 in a Devy depleted Rookie/Devy Draft.