Famous Jameis being investigated by NFL

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Generic Username
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Famous Jameis being investigated by NFL

Postby Generic Username » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:00 am

Phaded wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:02 am
It will be investigated - I believe in "innocent until proven guilty", even if most of society today does not.
Just to clarify: that concept is limited in applicable scope to criminal charges. As demonstrated by Zeke's case, while not perfect but simply most recent, actual proof and/or charges are not required for penalties to be assessed to individuals. Even in legal terms, civil standards are far less strict than criminal (remember OJ, innocent of criminal murder and liable in civil wrongful death?)

Anywho, only reason for pointing out is "innocent until proven guilty" will not be the strict standard when investigating and analyzing such situations...a guideline, perhaps, but that's as far as it'll be applied

Madadamus
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Madadamus » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:05 pm

Even with Goodell, not sure this does anything but damage Winston’s reputation even more. She claims he was the only one in the car, and there’s no way you can prove a grope.

Elliott and others lost on video or picture proof. I just don’t see the NFL having enough evidence.
12 Team PPR Dynasty - DLFS
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Burrow, M. Stafford, C. Wentz
RB: S. Barkley, D. Swift, J.K. Dobbins, C. Edwards-Helaire, R. Penny, G. Edwards, K. Drake
WR: T. Higgins, M. Evans, B. Aiyuk, C. Watson, K. Toney, M. Thomas, C. Ridley, C. Davis, J. Reagor
TE: D. Waller, E. Engram, H. Hurst, D. Njoku, G. Dulich, J. Akins
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 2nd (mid), 3rd, 4th, 4th (mid)

12 Team PPR Dynasty
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Herbert, M. Stafford, J. Winston, D. Lock, M. Mariota, J. Stidham, R. Fitzpatrick
RB: C. McCaffrey, A. Kamara, E. Elliott, J. Dobbin, J. Mixon, A. Mattison, J. White, L. Bell
WR: D. Moore, J. Jeudy, O. Beckham Jr., C. Claypool, C. Davis. D. Parker, L. Fitzgerald, B. Perriman, W. Snead
TE: E. Engram, C. Kmet, C. Herndon, K. Warring
2021 Picks: 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:24 pm

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:47 pm

ericanadian wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:27 am
Phaded wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:08 pm

Or he's someone who makes millions of dollars and the person sees an opportunity with all the "real claims" coming to light to get some money out of it?

Once again - not saying the claims are false and I'm sure there will be an investigation; but let us not pretend that money is not a motivator for a lot of people.
Show some proof that this woman is seeking money. Otherwise, you're just passive aggressively insinuating that she's lying. Not much point in arguing with you on this as your use of "real claims" makes it pretty clear where you stand on this issue as a whole.
Can you show me proof that she is not?
See how silly that sounds?

I'm not naive enough to automatically believe every accusation - plenty of them happen in this world. I believe in facts; there is nothing at this point to suggest it is a valid claim either.

It will be investigated - I believe in "innocent until proven guilty", even if most of society today does not.
You don't believe in innocent until proven guilty. You're already insinuating that this woman is lying in an effort to extort money with no proof whatsoever. Proving that she is not seeking money would be like me demanding you prove that Jameis didn't sexually assault that woman. That's not my position. My position is that if you're going to assert that someone is lying about being sexually assaulted, you should have some basis in doing so. You don't.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:03 am

This isn't Jameis' first rodeo when it comes to bad decisions. It isn't being naive to believe in a pattern of behavior. Even if you want to ignore the rape accusation from 2012 (?), his stupidity of the crab legs (guilty) and FSU student counsel incident, show he is subject to dumb impulse actions, one of which had sexual overtone. For a drunk guy to do that when reaching over in a car, alone with a chick, I wouldn't doubt it. I don't view it as a 'worst thing in the world' type of thing, but obviously is not acceptable behavior. Would it matter if he was a nobody? Probably not. But the movement is bringing a lot of things to light, and with him being a celebrity it has more stick power for awareness.

I too have not seen anything money related, rather awareness driven. That said, it can cause issues for Jameis. If he's guilt (wouldn't doubt it and probably lean to it being true), it is a pattern of behavior similar to Zeke. Trouble could brew. His stupidity needs to be something owners take into account moving forward IMO.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:12 am

ericanadian wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:47 pm
ericanadian wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:27 am

Show some proof that this woman is seeking money. Otherwise, you're just passive aggressively insinuating that she's lying. Not much point in arguing with you on this as your use of "real claims" makes it pretty clear where you stand on this issue as a whole.
Can you show me proof that she is not?
See how silly that sounds?

I'm not naive enough to automatically believe every accusation - plenty of them happen in this world. I believe in facts; there is nothing at this point to suggest it is a valid claim either.

You don't believe in innocent until proven guilty. You're already insinuating that this woman is lying in an effort to extort money with no proof whatsoever. Proving that she is not seeking money would be like me demanding you prove that Jameis didn't sexually assault that woman. That's not my position. My position is that if you're going to assert that someone is lying about being sexually assaulted, you should have some basis in doing so. You don't.
Not sure if you are purposely being foolish or just acting dumb but it's like you don't even know how to read. You literally asked me what would she have to gain by doing this - and I stated money is a possibility. If you do not believe that there are people in this world who will hop on an opportunity to make some cash, you are truly naive. I am done responding to you because you are the one coming in with a preconceived notion that Jameis is guilty. I simply answered your question about why someone might make a false accusation. Hilarious.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:18 am

Also, just as another FYI as another statement has come forward:
Philadelphia Eagles cornerback Ronald Darby said Sunday he was in the car with Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston on the evening Winston has since been accused of groping an Uber driver and said Winston did not make contact with the driver.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Network passed along Darby's statement:

"I felt the need to come forward and clarify some inaccurate accounts of the evening of March 13, 2016, when myself, a friend and Jameis Winston took an Uber ride in Arizona. There were three of us in the car, not just one as has been reported. Myself and Jameis were in the backseat. I am confident that nothing inappropriate in nature happened in the car that evening and Jameis did not have any physical contact with the Uber driver. The accusations are just not true."

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:21 am

Phaded wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:18 am Also, just as another FYI as another statement has come forward:
Philadelphia Eagles cornerback Ronald Darby said Sunday he was in the car with Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston on the evening Winston has since been accused of groping an Uber driver and said Winston did not make contact with the driver.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Network passed along Darby's statement:

"I felt the need to come forward and clarify some inaccurate accounts of the evening of March 13, 2016, when myself, a friend and Jameis Winston took an Uber ride in Arizona. There were three of us in the car, not just one as has been reported. Myself and Jameis were in the backseat. I am confident that nothing inappropriate in nature happened in the car that evening and Jameis did not have any physical contact with the Uber driver. The accusations are just not true."
And a further FYI per Adam Schefter: As a reminder, Ronald Darby also was in Jameis Winston's apartment the night Winston was accused of sexually assaulting FSU student Erica Kinsman in December 2012.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status ... 8623515648
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:00 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:24 pm Image
DeSean Jackson's face is priceless
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:09 am

So in a small world incident, I have a friend who dated a girl who dated one of Winston's college roommate. Yes, this is absolutely nothing but heresay, but she said he was a giant perv and completely inappropriate at all times apparently.

No clue about these Uber allegations, and especially with that corner saying he was there and nothing happened. But it wouldn't surprise me if there was a fire with all the smoke that's followed Winston over the years for sexual harassment/assault. This isn't his first time at all in this predicament
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

MucBuc
Captain
Captain

Postby MucBuc » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:16 am

Apparently she now hired the same attorney as Kinsman:

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/2017 ... -attorney/

This could take a while.
3x teams in 32-team standard PPR + IDP leagues

It doesn't matter what we want. Once we get it, we want something else.