Better Dynasty Assets: Goff + Wentz or Winston + Mariota?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

Goff + Wentz or Winston + Mariota?

Goff + Wentz
48
81%
Winston + Mariota
11
19%
 
Total votes: 59

User avatar
dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1094
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:10 pm

Re: Better Dynasty Assets: Goff + Wentz or Winston + Mariota?

Postby dm1129 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:53 am

JFever wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:27 am
The Rams as a team made a few critical errors or the result would have been very different homer? What does that mean? The Rams as a TEAM - a healthy Gurley - and - S.Watkins & Your Goff qb as that teams leader - mustered 7 total points in 4 quarters of play.

Goffs pts opponent pass def rank
16.44 Colts 26
10.86 Redskins 25
23.58 at 49ers 14
18.10 at Cowboys 19
7.72 vs Seahawks 7
9.86 at Jaguars 3
18.70 vs Cardinals 24
Bye
28.44 at Giants 29
26.50 vs Texans 27
9.80 at Vikings 11

Give me a break. You can look at the opponents pass def rank and see a direct correlation with Goff's lack of production. Not too tough to do.
You clearly did not watch the game if you do not recognize that the Rams made a few critical errors that were the difference in the game.

Your 'analysis' is pointless. What I said is your argument fits Wentz better than it does Goff based on defensive NFL passer rating stats.

User avatar
JFever
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5171
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:19 pm

Re: Better Dynasty Assets: Goff + Wentz or Winston + Mariota?

Postby JFever » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:19 pm

I watched 3 quarters of the game, then went to deer stand and listened to most of 4th qtr on radio on way there. It wasn't NEAR as simple as you mindlessly and biasly attempt to point out. Some critical mistakes.... They (the Rams) were outplayed - and Goff was over matched. The Mn defense is the toughest he's seen thus far through 2017 and coincidentally - he scored his lowest point total. And.... look back at my edited post. I posted Goff's points, schedule and pass def vs rank at time of game then for clarity sake so we can talk apples to apples - I posted Wentz's. So, to be clear. No my argument doesn't FIT Wentz better. Take a look before you spout off.
Truth is found through Evidence and Evidence alone.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

User avatar
dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1094
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:10 pm

Re: Better Dynasty Assets: Goff + Wentz or Winston + Mariota?

Postby dm1129 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:35 pm

JFever wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:19 pm
I watched 3 quarters of the game, then went to deer stand and listened to most of 4th qtr on radio on way there. It wasn't NEAR as simple as you mindlessly and biasly attempt to point out. Some critical mistakes.... They (the Rams) were outplayed - and Goff was over matched. The Mn defense is the toughest he's seen thus far through 2017 and coincidentally - he scored his lowest point total. And.... look back at my edited post. I posted Goff's points, schedule and pass def vs rank at time of game then for clarity sake so we can talk apples to apples - I posted Wentz's. So, to be clear. No my argument doesn't FIT Wentz better. Take a look before you spout off.
Your argument does fit Wentz better, sorry if you cannot comprehend that. As far as the MIN defense being the best the Rams have faced....no. JAC, by far, another example of your lack of knowledge. So Wentz has 'intangibles' that you like...and I am mindless. You are truly clueless and a waste of my time.

bumpman
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:01 pm

Re: Better Dynasty Assets: Goff + Wentz or Winston + Mariota?

Postby bumpman » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:39 pm

dm1129 wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:30 am

Haha, the 2016 version of himself? Not remotely. The Rams as a team made a few critical errors or the result would have been very different homer. Winston has the great intangible in terms of leadership, however his skill as a QB is mediocre. Intangibles alone don't make a qb. What I am referring to is actual analysis of QB skill. Goff makes throws into windows that Wentz cannot, on this I feel completely confident. Goff's game is more cerebral in terms of pre snap anlaysis of the defense and his progressions post snap and not nearly as easy for the masses to recognize while they can easily watch Wentz scramble around. QB is by far the most cerebral position in football. By the way, your argument fits better for Wentz, you do realize that? The level of passing defenses Goff has faced is better than what Wentz has faced and it is his first year in this offense.
I can respect you like Goff better based on your personal eye test, but I'm not really following a couple of your analysis points with respect to Wentz. I think you are saying that Goff is better at throwing into tight windows, yet advanced stats show that no other QB has thrown into tight windows (on a percentage basis) more than Wentz this year and yet his adjusted yards per attempt on those throws is in the top 10; higher than Goff.

https://twitter.com/MattHarmon_BYB/stat ... sy-matchup

Image

Also, Wentz does plenty of pre-snap adjustments and progression reads. Actually, both Goff and Wentz have been doing a fantastic job spreading the ball around to a large roster of receivers and backs.

User avatar
JFever
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5171
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:19 pm

Re: Better Dynasty Assets: Goff + Wentz or Winston + Mariota?

Postby JFever » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:04 pm

dm1129 wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:35 pm
JFever wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:19 pm
I watched 3 quarters of the game, then went to deer stand and listened to most of 4th qtr on radio on way there. It wasn't NEAR as simple as you mindlessly and biasly attempt to point out. Some critical mistakes.... They (the Rams) were outplayed - and Goff was over matched. The Mn defense is the toughest he's seen thus far through 2017 and coincidentally - he scored his lowest point total. And.... look back at my edited post. I posted Goff's points, schedule and pass def vs rank at time of game then for clarity sake so we can talk apples to apples - I posted Wentz's. So, to be clear. No my argument doesn't FIT Wentz better. Take a look before you spout off.
Your argument does fit Wentz better, sorry if you cannot comprehend that. As far as the MIN defense being the best the Rams have faced....no. JAC, by far, another example of your lack of knowledge. So Wentz has 'intangibles' that you like...and I am mindless. You are truly clueless and a waste of my time.
Again.... NO, my argument DOES NOT fit Wentz better. Look into it... How is this so difficult for you? Its as if you have vision, but, chose not to see. I don't get it. So, now you are saying that Jacksonville's Defense is a better defense than Minnesota's.... :wall: :wall: :wall: It is as if I'm having a discussion with someone who doesn't watch the game - but simply looks at box scores, then generates opinion to suit or support opinion. Strange to be honest. After that crap - Feeling is mutual dm. Waste of time and frankly it's been your mantra. Over opinionated - biased, rude, & snarky. You are who you are I guess.
Truth is found through Evidence and Evidence alone.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

User avatar
JFever
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5171
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:19 pm

Re: Better Dynasty Assets: Goff + Wentz or Winston + Mariota?

Postby JFever » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:35 pm

For the sake of clarity. I looked into the comment on the whole Jags defense vs the Mn defense.

Turns out - Minnesota is #2 vs the Run and #11 vs the pass avg score of 6.5
Jacksonville is #16 vs the Run and #1 vs the pass - avg of 8.5
Truth is found through Evidence and Evidence alone.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

User avatar
Ghosted
Captain
Captain
Posts: 801
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:54 am

Re: Better Dynasty Assets: Goff + Wentz or Winston + Mariota?

Postby Ghosted » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:47 pm

JFever wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:35 pm
For the sake of clarity. I looked into the comment on the whole Jags defense vs the Mn defense.

Turns out - Minnesota is #2 vs the Run and #11 vs the pass avg score of 6.5
Jacksonville is #16 vs the Run and #1 vs the pass - avg of 8.5
Except that JAX is also #1 in YPG, PPG, sacks, pressures and turnovers. They have been the best defense this year, and it's not really close.
Team 1 High stakes 12 team PPR 1 QB 1 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex
Q M. Mariota | J. Garoppolo
R L. Bell | J. Howard | A. Jones | Ja. Williams
W O. Beckham | A.J. Green | A. Jeffery | J. Landry | D. Thomas | C. Davis | L. Fitzgerald | M. Williams | B. Perriman | G. Allison
T R. Gronkowski | G. Kittle | J. Smith


Team 2 12 Team PPR 1 QB 1 RB 3 WR 1 TE 1 Flex
Q D. Brees
R L. Fournette | J. Mixon | M. Forte | M. Mack | M. Breida | C.J. Prosise | J. Richard | C. Thompson
W O. Beckham | A. Cooper | D. Bryant | S. Watkins | D. Parker | C. Coleman | J. Gordon
T R. Gronkowski | C.J. Fiedorowicz | A. Shaheen

User avatar
JFever
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5171
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:19 pm

Re: Better Dynasty Assets: Goff + Wentz or Winston + Mariota?

Postby JFever » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:41 pm

Ok, derailing thread apology upfront.

Minnesota strength of schedule vs Jax strength of schedule. Enough said? Yes, statistically speaking and fantasy scoring, Jax is #1. The difference between the two defenses in real life NFL football - like points against, ypg, int, and sacs are understandable and explainable if you simply look at the qb's they've faced and the records of the teams they've beaten. Both are, imo top 5 defenses in the league. So, splitting hairs to an extent, but, imo, if you had to win a game, a real game, you'd want Mn's def over Jax. Bet if ya asked Goff, he'd have similar opinion. Jax def has a lot of young early round high draft pick talent, so does Mn, but Mn is more proven and has more vetran presence. Goff's team scored 7 points off mn def, and 27 I think off of Jax. Goff's lowest point scored this yr was vs mn and 2nd worse was Jax. Just looking for an apples to apples comparison rather than stats that are comparing vastly different schedules and lvls of qb faced ability and experiance.
Truth is found through Evidence and Evidence alone.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Acidjazzzz, Beardo, CooperCrush, Google Adsense [Bot], IR1, jdomer2403, kumetis93, lukkynumber13, maxhyde, NFL-ons, onetwothree, REPTAR, skip, spotxc, StableOfRBs, Tsunami and 16 guests