Skycam Blows

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Re: Skycam Blows

Postby kamihamster » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:01 pm

I liked it. The players didn't seem as fast from that angle. It was neat to see the lanes and holes. I wished you could see the WRs when they are out wide to see the formation, but once the ball is snapped, you can actually see the route they run--that I liked a lot.
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:42 pm

I love it. You can actually see the routes develop and see who is open or coming open, where the rushing holes are, etc.

When you think about it the standard viewing angle is pretty dumb. You see nothing but the QB and when he throws the ball, you have no idea what's there. Or when a RB gets the ball he's running into a line that looks exactly the same from the side whether it's a brick wall or whether there's a gaping hole in the middle.

The only problem with the sky cam is it can be difficult to tell how many yards are gained on a running play (was that 4 yards or 8 yards?), otherwise who wouldn't want to see the ACTUAL field and know if the QB missed an open receiver, what defense the secondary is playing, etc.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Mephistopheles
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mephistopheles » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:49 pm

I did like the Skycam angles...except on plays well outside the numbers, seemed to miss the ends of those plays. It was good to see the passing lanes and running lanes.
A little jittery at times too.

Fox Sports Wisconsin is using the sky cam for the Wisconsin high school football championships this weekend. Not sure if the slower speed of the game is what makes the difference, but it seems a lot cleaner than last night.
PSA - Haggling is NOT the same as negotiating.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:55 pm

kamihamster wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:01 pm I liked it. The players didn't seem as fast from that angle. It was neat to see the lanes and holes. I wished you could see the WRs when they are out wide to see the formation, but once the ball is snapped, you can actually see the route they run--that I liked a lot.
x2 I hope they keep / expand skycam usage.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:58 pm

I liked it also, half the reason I have game pass is for the endzone view so I can see how the OL vs DL play and RB running scheme .. this helps to see the lines which I like a lot ..

Guess it really depends on how people watch games, if they like to watch the ball .. then I can see how the view would be aggravating, where if you don't watch the ball much and concentrate on match-ups, line play, coverage than yeah its a welcome addition to viewing..
@PlankMelody

Factory of Sadness
Starter
Starter

Postby Factory of Sadness » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:20 pm

I loved it. The ability to see the RBs make decisions, rather than just hit a hole or a wall was fantastic. Seeing the WRs and some of the coverage before the ball came out was great too. I'd love to watch Brady with it and see him cut people up. I'd love it if it became either an option on every game or even the default.

Factory of Sadness
Starter
Starter

Postby Factory of Sadness » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:31 pm

I loved it. The ability to see the RBs make decisions, rather than just hit a hole or a wall was fantastic. Seeing the WRs and some of the coverage before the ball came out was great too. I'd love to watch Brady with it and see him cut people up. I'd love it if it became either an option on every game or even the default.

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:00 pm

I like it.