Value of 1.01

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Value of 1.01

Postby Tsunami » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:01 am

In the Zeke year 1.01 was worth considerably more than 1.02, but only after he went to Dallas. This past year (like most years) there was not really as much of a consensus among the top 2-4 spots. I don't know enough about next year's likely rookies to guess which way it will go right now, but I tend to think that 1.2 + 1.7 is almost always worth a great deal more than 1.1.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:33 am

dazza wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:50 am Man, seems like this isn't going to be a popular opinion, but I'm not sure I'd be willing to include 1.02.

Barkley is a beast, no doubt, and I get why everyone wants him, but I'm really not sure Guice is far behind.
The buzz I hear is that Guice isn't a lock to come out, but agreed he seems pretty awesome as well. I'm in pretty solid position to end with 1.01 or 1.02 this year, worst case 1.03 so I'm hoping he does.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

psu007
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby psu007 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:48 am

Good discussion. Currently own four 1st rounders, as of right now they project to 3, 4, 5, and 10. My own pick is #3, and there's a chance it could move to #2 and outside chance at #1. My dilemma is the likely #1 is also a PSU fan. Keep debating with myself how many picks I'd send. I'll say this if I end up with #2 and Guice is there I'll try my best to include the latest 1st possible, otherwise I might be prepared to send 3 of them. Ideally I'll package a player in there, but we'll see.
Team 1 - 12 Team, PPR, All 6TD

1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX, K, D

QB - Cousins, Luck, Mayfield
RB - Elliot, Thompson, McKinnon, Penny, Michel, Miller, E.McGuire, Foreman, Ekeler
WR - OBJ, Robinson, K.Allen, C.Davis, Allsion, M.Bryant, C.Coleman, Moncrief, P.Richardson, Chark
TE - Reed, Gathers, Shaheen, Seals-Jones
K - Jake Elliott
D - NE, MIA
Picks - 2019: 3-5

Team 2 - 12 Team, SF 0.5 PPR, 4/6TD

1 QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1SF, 1FLEX, 1TE

QB - Cousins, Goff, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jackson
RB - Gurley, Ingram, Coleman, Clement, Booker, Rawls, Samuels
WR - Hilton, Fuller, Moore, Byrant, Locket, Moncrief, Rogers, Miller, St.Brown,
TE - Gesicki, Clay, McDonald, Andrews
Picks - 2019: 1,2,3x2,4

Boomstick
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Boomstick » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:39 pm

dazza wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:50 am Man, seems like this isn't going to be a popular opinion, but I'm not sure I'd be willing to include 1.02.

Barkley is a beast, no doubt, and I get why everyone wants him, but I'm really not sure Guice is far behind. Guice has dealt with some injury issues this season, but is everyone really so sure Barkley is by far the superior talent? Everyone here is really ok with (likely) trading Guice plus pick 6-7 (and more) for Barkley? What happens if Guice ends up in a superior team situation? What happens if he keeps coming on and Barkley keeps tailing off ROS?

If it's me, I'm not including the second pick. If that means I can't get the first, so be it, but I'm nowhere near convinced there's enough talent difference between these two to give up one of them plus a substantial amount for the other
I agree with this. When the dust settles at the end of the season, after the combine and when we learn the landing spots of the backs in this class, we will have a better idea as to the value of the draft picks. In my opinion, it is too early to break the bank to get the 1.1, especially if you have to give up the 1.2. This doesn't look to be anything like the 2016 draft in which there was Zeke and then everyone else. That was the year to break the bank to attain the 1.1. But giving up Guice, 1.7 and 1.12? That could prove to be too much when we look at this after the draft. If I gave up all that and watch Barkley go to the Browns, I'd go nuts.

darkadun
Role Player
Role Player

Postby darkadun » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:26 am

Barkley is a beast, no doubt, and I get why everyone wants him, but I'm really not sure Guice is far behind. Guice has dealt with some injury issues this season, but is everyone really so sure Barkley is by far the superior talent? Everyone here is really ok with (likely) trading Guice plus pick 6-7 (and more) for Barkley? What happens if Guice ends up in a superior team situation? What happens if he keeps coming on and Barkley keeps tailing off ROS?

If it's me, I'm not including the second pick. If that means I can't get the first, so be it, but I'm nowhere near convinced there's enough talent difference between these two to give up one of them plus a substantial amount for the other
X2.

If you’re a struggling team you need as many good players as possible. The top 5 looks great and there’s no doubt you can get a good player later in the first.

I’d probably do the 1.01 and another solid young player or 2nd, but definitely not another first. Depth is very important in developing a good fantasy team, and if you can manage to hit on both your firsts this year, you’re in a better situation than just drafting 1 really good player.

It’s up to you, but if it was me, I’d love to get two picks in the top 7 for the 1st overall.
QB: Lamar Jackson, Matthew Stafford
RB: Dalvin Cook, D'Andre Swift, Chris Carson , Jerrick McKinnon, Alexander Mattisson
WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Michael Thomas, Adam Thielen, Will Fuller, Darius Slayton, Brandon Aiyuk, Keelan Cole,
TE: Evan Ingram, Drew Sample, Cole Kmet

Madadamus
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Madadamus » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:12 pm

It’s going to take a lot more than a mid 1st to move up from the 1.02 as it stands right now.

We can all talk about rebuilding and having more pieces, but unless you are trading the pick for multiple younger guys, no way should you move it for just 2 picks even if it’s the 1.02 that is included.

Obviously we are already anointing him, but just look at this last year in a much deeper class. Would you really want to trade Fournette for a guy like Mixon or Mcaffrey and John Ross/O.J. Howard?

In just a few months, the pick is going to be a top 10 asset at a minimum. Would you trade Elliott for the 1.02 and 1.07 in February? No, most likely you’re not.
12 Team PPR Dynasty - DLFS
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Burrow, M. Stafford, C. Wentz
RB: S. Barkley, D. Swift, J.K. Dobbins, C. Edwards-Helaire, R. Penny, G. Edwards, K. Drake
WR: T. Higgins, M. Evans, B. Aiyuk, C. Watson, K. Toney, M. Thomas, C. Ridley, C. Davis, J. Reagor
TE: D. Waller, E. Engram, H. Hurst, D. Njoku, G. Dulich, J. Akins
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 2nd (mid), 3rd, 4th, 4th (mid)

12 Team PPR Dynasty
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Herbert, M. Stafford, J. Winston, D. Lock, M. Mariota, J. Stidham, R. Fitzpatrick
RB: C. McCaffrey, A. Kamara, E. Elliott, J. Dobbin, J. Mixon, A. Mattison, J. White, L. Bell
WR: D. Moore, J. Jeudy, O. Beckham Jr., C. Claypool, C. Davis. D. Parker, L. Fitzgerald, B. Perriman, W. Snead
TE: E. Engram, C. Kmet, C. Herndon, K. Warring
2021 Picks: 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:45 pm

Tsunami wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:01 am In the Zeke year 1.01 was worth considerably more than 1.02, but only after he went to Dallas. This past year (like most years) there was not really as much of a consensus among the top 2-4 spots. I don't know enough about next year's likely rookies to guess which way it will go right now, but I tend to think that 1.2 + 1.7 is almost always worth a great deal more than 1.1.
Obviously things can change, but right now the consensus is that there is a massive chasm between Saquon Barkley and the next guy up. Pre-draft, bigger than there has been in recent memory.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Postby Nanananananana » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:09 pm

I agree Guice looks like a Zeke clone to me. I love Barkley but 1.2 will be a nice consolation prize. No guarantee Barkley goes to a good situation.

keebs3
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby keebs3 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:20 pm

I'm nearly a lock to own the 1.01 and I don't plan on moving it. Considering I'll also likely own the 1.02 and 1.03 I'm going all in on Barkley and Guice. As a team that doesn't have many Studs I don't need extra early picks- I'm taking the ones at the top and hoping to build around them for years.
The Usurpers-10 team-.5PPR-1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX
Adopted/Rebuilt 2016-2017 | 2018 Runner up

QB: Deshaun Watson -Cam Newton | Baker Mayfield | Daniel Jones
RB: Saquon Barkley | David Johnson -Breida | Duke | Armstead | D. Harris | J. Samuels
WR: DeAndre Hopkins | Keenan Allen | Stefon Diggs -Christian Kirk | JJAW | James Washington | Hurd
TE: Hunter Henry -Austin Hooper | Irv Smith Jr.

Warriors of the Scarlet Eye-10 team-PPR-Best Ball League-2QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2FLEX
Est. 2017 | 2018 League Champion :trophy: | 2019 Runner up

QB: Russell Wilson | Baker Mayfield -Carson Wentz
RB: Joe Mixon | Dalvin Cook | Nick Chubb -Mark Ingram | Royce Freeman | Justice Hill | Matt Breida | Bernard | Jonathan Williams
WR: Davante Adams | Mike Evans | Julio Jones -Sammy Watkins | John Brown | DeVante Parker | Deebo Samuel | Nelson Agholor | Terry McLaurin
TE: Evan Engram -Hunter Henry | Ian Thomas | Jacob Hollister

krombj19
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby krombj19 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:22 pm

Barkley is back on his game.. 9 carries for 117 Yards and two touchdowns. 2 receptions for 29 Yards. Still have 9 minutes to go in the 2nd Quarter.
Barkley for President - 10 Teams, 23 Man Rosters, QRRWWWTFDK, Cap is $852 this year and Increases by 5% each year while each players contract goes up by 20% each year. Players can be signed 5 years at a time max unless a rookie, which is 3 if drafted. If won in auction can be 5 years. Can only extend a player once, EX signifies that player is Extended. Devy players count against cap as well.

QB - Jameis Winston EX 2YRS at $42 and Sam Darnold 2YRS at $14

RB - Saquon Barkley 2YRS at $35, Dalvin Cook 1YR at $17, Rex Burkhead 1YR at $4, Ty Montgomery 3YRS at $14, Damien Williams 1YR at $2, Royce Freeman 2YRS at $10

WR - Amari Cooper EX 5YRS at $50, Sammy Watkins EX 3YRS at $60, Golden Tate 1YR at $60, Devante Parker EX 1YR at $35, Kenny Golladay 4YRS at $2

TE - Travis Kelce EX 5YRS at $52, Austin Hooper 2YRS at $12

D/ST - Rams 1YR at $2, Chiefs 1YR at $3

K - Stephen Gostowski 1YR at $3

I own Pick 3.9 in a Devy depleted Rookie/Devy Draft.

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:27 pm

Landing spot is crucial. Put Zeke where the second RB went or just swap the two out. How does Zeke stack up then ?

Same goes for Saquon vs #2 . Look a K. Hunt, if he went to Cincy or Carolina do you think he's remotely as productive ? Line play and QB proficiency make a RB's life so much easier. Bad line or QB play and his life can become a nightmare. Ask AP .

That being said Saquon if all reports are to be believed should test off the charts. The gap would be as wide as Ezekiel vs the rest. Barkley will test better than Elliot or anyone else in quite a long while. Doesn't mean he will produce more than a Barry, Bo or all the way back in the day O.J. who were physical far ahead of the pack. But odds are pretty good when combined with the tape he's put out there.

I'd have to get the 1.02 & 1.07 or better to move it right now. As said it could change depending on landing places.

Leghumper
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Leghumper » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:03 am

Why are we comparing this situation to 2016? Guice is 100X better than any RB who came out with Zeke that year. That was a piss poor draft class after Zeke...apples and oranges.
"So many legs, so little time."

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:36 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:39 pm By the time the draft hype is in full swing, Barkley could be somwhere around a Top 12-20 selection in startups.

Personally, I don't like the depth of this class to be interested in more picks for the 1.01. I'd feel comfortable betting on Barkley over anyone else. So, to pry 1.01, I think it would take an undeniable offer.
I agree with him being near 1st round startup guy but I am not so sure there aren't a number of pretty good players behind him. Guice is still pretty good consolation prize and pick 7 or 12...who knows at this point but I think there are some talented guys other than Barkley in the draft to make me consider trading back depends how ugly my rebuild is. I am selling out for 1.01 if I have a good team and can keep it mostly intact
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:55 am

Leghumper wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:03 am Why are we comparing this situation to 2016? Guice is 100X better than any RB who came out with Zeke that year. That was a piss poor draft class after Zeke...apples and oranges.
Because Zeke was an extraordinary situation and the value of 1.1 hit a record high, and some people here are valuing 1.1 as high as 2016 despite not knowing what team he might be on. Would you trade Melvin Gordon, Devonta Freeman, Kareem Hunt, Leonard Fournette, or Dalvin Cook for 1.2 + 1.7? I would.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:51 am

I just want to throw out that I made a draft pick trade chart in my sig. Read the comments from the DLF Admin. You can customize the chart to fit your criteria, and then use it to gauge value. I will be updating the chart this off-season.

In terms of value, 1.01 vs 1.02 & 1.12 has a mid-third differential, which doesn't seem like a big difference. If the 1.12 pick were to find it's way to the 1.07 range, the difference would be more of a late 1st rounder.

If you like to gamble, I'd absolutely take a shot with the 1.02/1.12 side.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134