Fair Trade or One-Sided, and Which Side?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Fair Trade or One-Sided, and Which Side?

Postby Friction » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:56 am

Grown men acting like children or emotional females over a trade that is not even that bad. I would either ignore like you have or tell them to grow a pair and move on. I would prefer the Keenan side, but he is not exactly lighting things on fire this year. The other two Im not huge on to begin with, so you can take that as you may.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Ghosted
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ghosted » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:18 pm

Keenan side, but I don't even think I'd raise an eyelash about it, much less an eyebrow. Whiny owners kill more leagues than bad trades, anyway.

mgscott
Starter
Starter

Postby mgscott » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:24 pm

I call it a wash overall, but I'm not a fan of Allen. Don't see why there is a big fuss about it in your league. Everyone here knows of trades that people think are lopsided at the time, but turn out a lot different a few years down the road.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:48 am

HobokenYuppies wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:48 am Hey All,

I'm the owner that traded with ShipShape. New to the site. Since that breakout, 3 owners have been eliminated based on their absolute temper tantrum in our main league chat. The last thing I want to do is have owners that the minute a trade gets pushed through, send an entire note to the league questioning the integrity, claiming so and so is being hustled. You focus on playing, know the rules and not complain about value. That's your loss for not taking advantage if one owner thinks it's so lopsided.

With that in mind, I am putting out feelers for potential owners. Feel free to let me or ShipShape know.
In your quest to fill vacancies, I'd ask the candidates how they would react to someone trading a top 25 player for 2 players ranked between 70 & 100 or you may continue to run into this problem.

Some owners don't like playing in leagues involving trades with that big of a swing regularly. You can ensure you get the right fit, if you ask the right questions.

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:12 am

I would never join any league where I'm not allowed to protest a bad trade.

Boomstick
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Boomstick » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:30 pm

Tsunami wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:37 am
ShipShape wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:30 am
I think the real moral here is if we lose any owners over bullshit like this (already lost two previously and go figure, he's a replacement) then we're coming here for the replacements :thumbup:
I always criticized my league commissioner for finding terrible replacements. Seemed like every new owner showed up and immediately did something stupid. So this past year he let me pick the new owner instead. I posted here and got a few replies, I screened them by looking at some leagues that they had been in in the past, and picked a guy who definitely seemed to know what he was doing.

Within the first month he made 3 questionable trades including giving Antonio Brown for 1.8 + a late 1st. Just because you find someone here doesn't mean they know how to play. Just a warning.
I can second this. I have been running leagues for close to ten years and I mostly recruit here and FBG forums. I put a lot of effort into screening new applicants but I still get rotten eggs occasionally. A few in particular have made my life miserable, either by ruining the league with lousy trades, by tanking, or just not having a clue what they are doing. I've seen trades 100 times worse than this.