Aaron Jones...sell??

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Aaron Jones

Postby captain howdy » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:49 am

BuckeyeNation wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:31 am
Bot101 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:51 pm Would you give a random/mid 2018 1st for him? Is that considered bold now or do we feel he really is worth that?
Please do not give a mid 1st for Jones. He's looked solid in a couple starts, but that's an overpay (though most owners will probably want that right now).

You have to pay buyers prices for players like Jones. There's no incentive to move aajones for a 2nd...little incentive to move for a late first, where you hope to land a player...like Jones.

A chance at a mid first is really the only carrot for someone selling aajones. I wouldnt pay that, as a Jones owner...bc Im patient. But an owner with good self reflection who knows they lack patience to wait on a draft pick or may unload it on someone else down the line, I think the pick that looks like it would be at best 5 and at worst 10 is a decent value for both side

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:39 am

Bot101 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:51 pm Would you give a random/mid 2018 1st for him? Is that considered bold now or do we feel he really is worth that?
Please do not give a mid 1st for Jones. He's looked solid in a couple starts, but that's an overpay (though most owners will probably want that right now).
Oh no no no haha. I was just gauging his value. I have 3x 1sts, 2 early and 1 mid to late. Id rather spend them on the 2018 RB class.

diamonddave
Captain
Captain

Postby diamonddave » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:41 am

JFever wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:08 am Jamal Williams ? When healthy, will be part of this rbbc. Not sure how anyone can say now that they were confident that they were drafting the future starter when they drafted Aaron Jones. Hind site is 20/20. At the time of most drafts, he was a lottery ticket and one of 3 rbs drafted by the Pack from the 2017 class. If the Packers were as confident in him becoming a starter for them, I doubt they draft a rb after him or... before him for that matter.

Odd are - He isn't the long term answer. But, like Skip mentioned, there is still value there and he is what we want to do with our late rookie draft picks. * he could be a role player for many owners as injuries and byes come into play. And... a player doesn't have to be the most talented to produce fantasy points.
The talk out of GB has been that they've not been high on J.Will after they had drafted him. He doesn't show anything special. Bummer for me because I drafted him...only to drop him for Jones early in the season.

Early on in camp and throughout preseason, the buzz was that Jones had a more likely skillset to be a workhorse, true RB1. Of course, nothing's guaranteed when you draft, so stockpiling RBs is something most teams would do if given the luxury to do so. And the reality is that things change. Jones has shown himself to be playing better than his "draft pedigree", which we all know isn't always predictive of success in the pros. Coaching, schemes, opportunities, teammates all play such a huge role in the success of a player. While the jury is still out on Jones and the sample size small, AJ was being talked up by coached and A-Rod long before his recent success. Who knows...he could be the next big thing out of Green Bay. Or he could be Samkon Gado. But I'm holding and hoping that he's the real deal.
12-team, PPR, 2QB, IDP League--Start 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 W/R/T, 2D, 1LB, 1DL, 1DB

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Kyler Murray, Bryce Young, Gardner Minshew
RB: Saquon Barkley, David Montgomery, D'Onta Foreman, AJ Dillon, Kenneth Gainwell, Jeff Wilson, Rico Dowdle, IR: JK Dobbins
WR: Ja'Marr Chase, Devonta Smith, Cooper Kupp, Diontae Johnson, Marquise Brown, Josh Palmer, Dontayvion Wicks, Tutu Atwell
TE: TJ Hockensen, Pat Freiermuth
K: Dustin Hopkins
LB: Roquan Smith, CJ Mosley, Terrel Bernard Ernest Jones, Quincy Williams
DL: Jonathan Greenard , Malcolm Koonce
DB: Jason Pinnock

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:52 am

captain howdy wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:49 am

You have to pay buyers prices for players like Jones. There's no incentive to move aajones for a 2nd...little incentive to move for a late first, where you hope to land a player...like Jones.

A chance at a mid first is really the only carrot for someone selling aajones. I wouldnt pay that, as a Jones owner...bc Im patient. But an owner with good self reflection who knows they lack patience to wait on a draft pick or may unload it on someone else down the line, I think the pick that looks like it would be at best 5 and at worst 10 is a decent value for both side

I get it, that's why I mentioned that most owners would want that for Jones. I'm just saying there's no way I'd pay that for him.

The influx of young talent the past couple years has replenished the position from a dynasty perspective, but aside from the elite RBs, it's very rare that most other RBs are ever worth more than a single 1st (some high, some low) . I used to fall for this trap years ago, where I'd fork over a 1st for a RB with low-to-no draft pedigree because he had a few good but not great games during a season. Now that I've seen the scenario play out over and over for several years, I shy away from doing that anymore. Jones could very well perform as a high RB2 going forward, but in general I think there's almost no room to make gains when you give a 1st for a RB with a very short track record who doesn't possess elite upside. Maybe some people think he does possess that upside, I've just seen nothing from him that makes me believe that.

Not taking away anything from Jones as he has looked pretty good, but when his price tag is a 1st after two good games against poor rushing defenses then he's a hard pass for me.

Signed,
Someone who owns multiple shares of Jones
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

Tennisbuck
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Tennisbuck » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:45 am

BuckeyeNation wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:52 am
captain howdy wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:49 am

I get it, that's why I mentioned that most owners would want that for Jones. I'm just saying there's no way I'd pay that for him.

The influx of young talent the past couple years has replenished the position from a dynasty perspective, but aside from the elite RBs, it's very rare that most other RBs are ever worth more than a single 1st (some high, some low) . I used to fall for this trap years ago, where I'd fork over a 1st for a RB with low-to-no draft pedigree because he had a few good but not great games during a season. Now that I've seen the scenario play out over and over for several years, I shy away from doing that anymore. Jones could very well perform as a high RB2 going forward, but in general I think there's almost no room to make gains when you give a 1st for a RB with a very short track record who doesn't possess elite upside. Maybe some people think he does possess that upside, I've just seen nothing from him that makes me believe that.

Not taking away anything from Jones as he has looked pretty good, but when his price tag is a 1st after two good games against poor rushing defenses then he's a hard pass for me.

Signed,
Go Bucks !
QB: Jimmy G,Mahomes, Andy Dalton, Brisset, and Stidham
RB: Zeke, Saquan, Dalvin Cook, Guice, J.Hill, and Damien Harris
WR: Diggs, DJ Moore, JuJu, Sutton, Fuller, Paris
TE:Hunter Henry, Irv Smith, Herndon

Death_From_Above
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Death_From_Above » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:06 am

I too was a believer in Jones in the pre-draft process and drafted and owned him almost everywhere. And he has done nothing to make me not feel the same pre-draft love that I did for him... However, at the current prices I am moving him where I can if I can get value.

I've moved him for a mid 1st, in a package deal to get WR depth for a title run, and moved him with Russel Wilson to nab A-A-Aron from a team where injuries decimated my roster this year.

I like him a great bit, and still have 2 shares of him left, but I'm not hamstrung on holding him over what I think is value could be. For me, in my opinion, he's not going to carry my fantasy team at RB like a top back would and I see this as a high-point in value for him so I'm trading in my chips where I get more value than I think I should.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:37 pm

BuckeyeNation wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:52 am it's very rare that most other RBs are ever worth more than a single 1st (some high, some low) . I used to fall for this trap years ago, where I'd fork over a 1st for a RB with low-to-no draft pedigree because he had a few good but not great games during a season. Now that I've seen the scenario play out over and over for several years, I shy away from doing that anymore. Jones could very well perform as a high RB2 going forward, but in general I think there's almost no room to make gains when you give a 1st for a RB with a very short track record who doesn't possess elite upside.
They're learning. I'll be out of a job soon!

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:00 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:37 pm
BuckeyeNation wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:52 am it's very rare that most other RBs are ever worth more than a single 1st (some high, some low) . I used to fall for this trap years ago, where I'd fork over a 1st for a RB with low-to-no draft pedigree because he had a few good but not great games during a season. Now that I've seen the scenario play out over and over for several years, I shy away from doing that anymore. Jones could very well perform as a high RB2 going forward, but in general I think there's almost no room to make gains when you give a 1st for a RB with a very short track record who doesn't possess elite upside.
They're learning. I'll be out of a job soon!
C'mon now DD, no need to be modest.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:45 am

BuckeyeNation wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:52 am I get it, that's why I mentioned that most owners would want that for Jones. I'm just saying there's no way I'd pay that for him.

Signed,
Great take.

I won't take anything away from Jones either. He has run very well in the few games I've seen from him this season. But, like you I don't see a player that I'll covet long-term. There will be no shortage of RB's like Jones going forward. So, I'm content letting others pay those prices. Last year the guy was Montgomery, this year it's Jones. Why would I be so sure that next season it won't be Williams, Mays or Montgomery again?

PedroSalgado
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby PedroSalgado » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:17 pm

Would you trade Aaron jones + Dede Westbrook + early 2nd for Russel Wilson? Might be able to get a 3rd back in the deal also.

Dynasty PPR and we only start one QB. My team is done for this year, but i'm dying for a QB as I only have Big Ben and Mahomes.

Really struggling to give up the prospects but feel like i might be getting too attached. Wilson should be top6 or so fantasy QBs for years.

Cabana
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Cabana » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:23 pm

PedroSalgado wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:17 pm Would you trade Aaron jones + Dede Westbrook + early 2nd for Russel Wilson? Might be able to get a 3rd back in the deal also.

Dynasty PPR and we only start one QB. My team is done for this year, but i'm dying for a QB as I only have Big Ben and Mahomes.

Really struggling to give up the prospects but feel like i might be getting too attached. Wilson should be top6 or so fantasy QBs for years.
I would.
Ducks League
12-team non-PPR 28-roster 1QB, 2-3RB, 2-3WR, 1TE, 1DL. 1LB, 1DB, 1K http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/3951353

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:25 pm

Cabana wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:23 pm
PedroSalgado wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:17 pm Would you trade Aaron jones + Dede Westbrook + early 2nd for Russel Wilson? Might be able to get a 3rd back in the deal also.

I would.
X2- I'd push to get a 3rd back- what's the league size?
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:42 pm

IR1 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:25 pm
Cabana wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:23 pm

I would.
X2- I'd push to get a 3rd back- what's the league size?
X3. Get Russ ASAP
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

PedroSalgado
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby PedroSalgado » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:08 pm

Thanks for the quick answer guys! 12 team league!

spider321
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Is Aaron Jones the starter in 2018?

Postby spider321 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:05 pm

Do you guys think he’ll be the #1 in 2018, or will the Packers continue to use a rbbc, or do you think they’ll draft a RB high next summer?
12 Team Standard Dynasty - QB, RB, 2WR, 2Flex, K, 3IDP (WR and TE are the same)

QB - Patrick Mahomes, Trevor Lawrence
RB - Bijan Robinson, Christian McCaffrey, Saquon Barkley, Tony Pollard. Najee Harris, Javonte Williams, Rachaad White, D'Andre Swift
WR - Justin Jefferson, Ja'Marr Chase, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Jerry Jeudy, Kyle Pitts, George Pickens, Jameson Williams, Kadarius Toney
K - Daniel Carlson
IDP - Nick Bolton, Devin White, Derwin James