Player of the Year

My top 24 at each position (RBs)

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:42 pm

Analysis in parantheses.

Link to WRs: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=151467&p=1363187#p1363187
Link to TEs: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=151469
Link to QBs: http://forum.dynastyleaguefootball.com ... 6#p1363186

Tier 1 (No-questions asked studs)
1. Todd Gurley (Dealers choice for the top 4, but Gurley is younger than Bell & DJ, and without the character questions of Zeke. He's involved in the air and on the ground)
2. Ezekiel Elliot (Stud, focal point of the offense, great offensive line. Character concerns are real, but not a disaster)
3. Le'Veon Bell (Most talented back in the league, hopefully he stays in Pittsburgh)
4. David Johnson (Great talent, but I'm worried about what Arizona will look like next season)
Tier 2 (Studs, but with a small concern)
5. Kareem Hunt (One year wonders happen. I think Hunt is the real deal, but he doesn't quite crack the top tier)
6. Leonard Fournette (See Kareem Hunt, but with ankle injuries)
7. Melvin Gordon (Better fantasy RB than NFL RB, but the volume is there)
8. Devonta Freeman (Concussions are officially a concern, but he's got the talent and he's on a strong offense. I think Coleman walks this offseason)
Tier 3 (I think these guys will be long-term studs, but I wouldn't gamble on it)
9. Dalvin Cook (Have we seen enough? He looked great for a few games...)
10. Alvin Kamara (He's look like a stud while playing second fiddle. Could be scary good if he starts getting the bulk of the workload)
11. Derrick Henry (It's frustrating to still be waiting, but Murray will slow down eventually)
12. Jordan Howard (Maybe JAG, but as long as he's the lead dog in Chicago, I don't have concerns)
Tier 4 (I don't like these guys as my RB1, I love them as my RB2 on any team)
13. Joe Mixon (Has the situation and the talent... let's see what happens)
14. Christian McCaffrey (If the Panthers are committed to getting him the ball, he'll be good for a long time. If not, he's a RB4 at best)
15. Jay Ajayi (Knees are a concern, talent and situation are not)
16. Tevin Coleman (PPR value is undeniable, and I think he finds a starting gig next season)
Tier 5 (Depending on situation, these RBs are a solid investment)
17. LeSean McCoy (If I'm competing, I like McCoy as my RB1, if I'm not, I won't touch him)
18. Mark Ingram (He's looked like a total beast, though Kamara is a huge concern. How long will Ingram be in NO? How long will he start over Kamara?)
19. Carlos Hyde (Talented. If the offense can put it together, he should put up RB1 numbers... if healthy. Where will he be in 2018?)
20. Lamar Miller (Talented, only 26. Watson is a dream for him)
21. Demarco Murray (The Crabtree of RBs. As long as he's producing, the starting gig is his. I don't want him on a rebuilding squad)
22. Isaiah Crowell (This year has been garbage, but so have the Browns. He'll be in a better situation next year in all likelihood)
23. Aaron Jones (This is probably too high, but I'd be buying on a rebuilding squad. Last person left that could be a legit RB1, but could fall off the face of the earth)
24. CJ Anderson (Health and the offense are concerns, but he's shown flashes)

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: My top 24 at each position (RBs)

Postby Vcize » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:09 pm

Great list, thanks for sharing.

I am going to once again go to bat for the anti-Gordon train.

As far as I can find, no one in modern NFL history has started their career with three straight sub-4ypc seasons and maintained their starting job in year 4. Gordon looks like he's about to coast to the end of his 3rd straight sub-4ypc season, and Ekeler has looked dynamic and is already starting to get work.

Like I've said all year long, there is a very real possibility that Gordon is replaced or part of a committee by next season. Gordon without the volume is worthless, and the volume is tenuous at this point.

Also I am going to go to bat for Hyde. When healthy he's been a low end RB1 on the worst team in football the last few years. Next year almost by default his situation will be better (year 2 in Kyle Shanahan's offense or a different team that isn't last in the NFL).

Also a note, you mentioned Coleman finding a starting job next year but he is signed through the end of 2018 and I doubt Atlanta is trading him with Freeman's now recurring concussion concerns.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:14 pm

Vcize wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:09 pm Great list, thanks for sharing.

I am going to once again go to bat for the anti-Gordon train.

As far as I can find, no one in modern NFL history has started their career with three straight sub-4ypc seasons and maintained their starting job in year 4. Gordon looks like he's about to coast to the end of his 3rd straight sub-4ypc season, and Ekeler has looked dynamic and is already starting to get work.

Like I've said all year long, there is a very real possibility that Gordon is replaced or part of a committee by next season. Gordon without the volume is worthless, and the volume is tenuous at this point.

Also I am going to go to bat for Hyde. When healthy he's been a low end RB1 on the worst team in football the last few years. Next year almost by default his situation will be better (year 2 in Kyle Shanahan's offense or a different team that isn't last in the NFL).

Also a note, you mentioned Coleman finding a starting job next year but he is signed through the end of 2018 and I doubt Atlanta is trading him with Freeman's now recurring concussion concerns.
Great input!

I've been mistaken about Coleman's contract for more than a year it seems!

TheChicken
Captain
Captain

Postby TheChicken » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:36 pm

Thanks for sharing. Am I alone in being concerned that almost all of the top 15 is made up of players with 3 or less years of NFL experience?? Either we are witnessing a unique period of NFL running back history or long term investing in RBs is fraught with danger.
99 problems but your 10 team league ain't one!

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:35 am

TheChicken wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:36 pm Thanks for sharing. Am I alone in being concerned that almost all of the top 15 is made up of players with 3 or less years of NFL experience?? Either we are witnessing a unique period of NFL running back history or long term investing in RBs is fraught with danger.
this is why the community preaches building around WRs and taking a deal that gives you a young stud WR even if it means losing a currently better RB because in 3 years your WR will still be a stud and that stud rb may not be effective or around anymore.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:17 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:35 am
TheChicken wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:36 pm Thanks for sharing. Am I alone in being concerned that almost all of the top 15 is made up of players with 3 or less years of NFL experience?? Either we are witnessing a unique period of NFL running back history or long term investing in RBs is fraught with danger.
this is why the community preaches building around WRs and taking a deal that gives you a young stud WR even if it means losing a currently better RB because in 3 years your WR will still be a stud and that stud rb may not be effective or around anymore.
Yep! The trick is to find the timing...

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:22 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:35 am
Hasn't always been that way

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:27 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:35 am this is why the community preaches building around WRs and taking a deal that gives you a young stud WR even if it means losing a currently better RB because in 3 years your WR will still be a stud and that stud rb may not be effective or around anymore.
Great point and a good strategy. I think another thing this community should work on is then helping people get RB2s, not 3s, to fill the gaps from prioritizing Stud WRs. Even if they have to get new RB2s every other year. Still a positional need that the quickly cycling RBs are making owners hold onto their well playing ones even tighter
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

designguy79
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby designguy79 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:08 am

Thanks for these lists!

I don't agree with CJA at #24, but I wish it was true, as someone who is trying to move him. ...I know, don't sell low... :-)

Thoughts on maybe Duke or Chris Thompson plugged in there instead?

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:15 am

designguy79 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:08 am Thanks for these lists!

I don't agree with CJA at #24, but I wish it was true, as someone who is trying to move him. ...I know, don't sell low... :-)

Thoughts on maybe Duke or Chris Thompson plugged in there instead?
Both of them probably make my top 28, I just slightly prefer CJA.

seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby seahawks506 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:58 am

Orleans Darkwa #25 :thumbup:
orphan rebuild- 3 superflex, nerfed QB scoring 0.5/1/1.5 wr/rb/te PPR
QB: Hurts, Dobbs, Lance, Huntley, Bagent
RB: Swift, Kamara, Sanders, K. Mitchell, Foreman, CEH, Dowdle, Demercado
WR: Lamb, AJB, DK, Hollywood, Jakobi, Lazard, Boyd, Shaheed, Douglas
TE: Chig, Juwan, Conklin, Taysom, Smythe
Picks: 3 2024 2nds

rebuild 2: 1QB PPR
QB: Richardson, Pickett, Mayfield
RB: Achane, E Mitchell, Demercado
WR: Chase, Addison, QJ, J Palmer, Wan'Dale, Claypool, Douglas, Metchie
TE: Kittle, Mayer, Otton, Ferguson
Picks: 3 2024 1sts, 2 2024 2nds

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:06 am

seahawks506 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:58 am Orleans Darkwa #25 :thumbup:
Swap the places of the 2 and the 5 and theres Darkwa!