My top 24 at each position (WRs)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: My top 24 at each position (WRs)

Postby Vcize » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:21 pm

StableOfRBs wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:36 pm
Sterling Archer wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:13 pm I like the list. Thanks for posting it. Just a few comments:
I'm not as high on Nuk. He was the beneficiary of an unsustainable stretch by a rookie QB. I expect both to come back to earth next year.
I agree Brees will play for a few more years, but there's a decent chance it's not with the Saints. I think he makes Thomas more than Thomas helps him.
I don't see it with Cooks. Seems like a nice NFL WR2. On pace for 69/1132/5. Can get that production much cheaper.
Same sentiment for Adams as Thomas. I think Adams is a FA and he will not look good without Rodgers throwing him the ball. Ted Thompson too smart to throw money at this guy to keep him.
Alshon isn't really lighting it up despite getting plenty of targets and Wentz lighting it up. He's a FA and his next stop will likely be less promising than Philly's offense.
I'm not a Parker OR Landry fan. Landry is a FA and will undoubtedly see a sharp decrease in targets which will hurt since he's purely a volume player. Almost worthless in non-PPR.

Guys missing:
I see no problem with the exclusion of DT. He's an aging deep threat on a bad offense.
Theilin has probably earned a spot on here somewhere, but he's already 27.
Two broken hands has not scared me off Corey Coleman, but I can't seem to buy him anywhere. I think he's top 20.
I'd probably put Sterling Shepard above Parker and Landry, but I might have some recency bias after last week.
Fringe players/don't know where they belong: Robert Woods, Marvin Jones, Edelman, Ross, Moncrief.
He's on pace to finish with 85 catches and 1000 yards for the 6th year in a row, I'd find it very hard to exclude him from this list, he's 30 this year but should be a WR2 for 3 more years considering how well he's done the past couple with such bad QB play
He's WR25 in PPG and is about to turn 30. You don't get points for what he did 3 years ago.

I could take it or leave it as to whether or not he makes the top 25, but it's certainly not crazy to have him out of it.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Pix
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Pix » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:43 pm

Very surprised I'm only the second person to mention Doug Baldwin. I thought he was a consensus top 20 guy.

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
Captain
Captain

Postby qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:31 pm

I would also put Baldwin in there. He has been way more solid than most of the guys on this list throughout the last few years, and except for a few shaky games this season (which can be said for a lot of players mentioned) he's right back up there again.

I also think Thielen may be the most underrated player in the NFL. He had a strong first real season last year (WR#30 PPR) and is now showing that not only was it not a fluke, but he's a force to be reckoned with imho. Bridgewater, Bradford and now Keenum.. he's had to change mediocre QBs more than almost any other WR on this list, but is currently sitting at WR3 in PPR. There is the argument that it is all strictly because of target volume of course, but since we are speaking striclty about fantasy production, who cares? I'll take the guy that has yet to have a game with fewer than 5 catches this season.

SnidelyWhiplash
Rookie
Rookie

Postby SnidelyWhiplash » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:41 pm

I continue to believe that Baldwin is the most underrated and Cooper is the most overrated player in dynasty.
12 team superflex /.5ppr/ 25 man rosters/3 IR
Start QB,2RB,2WR,TE,2Flex,Superflex, DST
QB: Rodgers, Brees, Cousins, Bridgewater
RB: Kamara, Jacobs, Kerryon, Carson,
WR: Hopkins, Julio, Lockett, A.J. Brown, McLaurin, Davis
TE: Jonnu, Ebron
DST: Chargers

Pet_Smith
Starter
Starter

Postby Pet_Smith » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:53 am

SnidelyWhiplash wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:41 pm I continue to believe that Baldwin is the most underrated and Cooper is the most overrated player in dynasty.
Phew - the second page restored my faith. I've literally been screaming Doug Baldwin at my computer wondering why no one was mentioning him!
Dynasty - 9th year, 12-team, Standard scoring, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1K, 1DE/DT, 1LB, 1CB/S - 25man roster / 6 Taxi Squad
'17 Champ, '18 Runner Up, '23 rebuild

QB Watson, A Richardson, O' Connel (TS)
RB Gibbs, Akers, Dillon Carter, Bigsby, Chase Brown, Mcintosh, Tucker, Hull (TS)
WR Metcalf, DJ Moore, Addison, Meyers, Van Jefferson, Collins, Claypool, Mingo (TS), Hyatt (TS), Wilson (TS)
TE Higbee, Freirmuth, Otton (TS)
K Joseph
DE/DT Hunter
LB Franklin Simmons
C/S James

1.01, 1.04

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:18 am

Sterling Archer wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:13 pm I like the list. Thanks for posting it. Just a few comments:
I'm not as high on Nuk. He was the beneficiary of an unsustainable stretch by a rookie QB. I expect both to come back to earth next year. *
I agree Brees will play for a few more years, but there's a decent chance it's not with the Saints. I think he makes Thomas more than Thomas helps him.
I don't see it with Cooks. Seems like a nice NFL WR2. On pace for 69/1132/5. Can get that production much cheaper.
Same sentiment for Adams as Thomas. I think Adams is a FA and he will not look good without Rodgers throwing him the ball. Ted Thompson too smart to throw money at this guy to keep him.
Alshon isn't really lighting it up despite getting plenty of targets and Wentz lighting it up. He's a FA and his next stop will likely be less promising than Philly's offense.
I'm not a Parker OR Landry fan. Landry is a FA and will undoubtedly see a sharp decrease in targets which will hurt since he's purely a volume player. Almost worthless in non-PPR.

Guys missing:
I see no problem with the exclusion of DT. He's an aging deep threat on a bad offense.
Theilin has probably earned a spot on here somewhere, but he's already 27.
Two broken hands has not scared me off Corey Coleman, but I can't seem to buy him anywhere. I think he's top 20.
I'd probably put Sterling Shepard above Parker and Landry, but I might have some recency bias after last week.
Fringe players/don't know where they belong: Robert Woods, Marvin Jones, Edelman, Ross, Moncrief**.
*- Pretty much just echoing everyone else here. Nuk is a beast, has always been a beast, will always be a beast.
**- Moncrief isn't worthy of top 50, let alone top 25. He's the most overrated WR in the NFL (IMO)
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:16 am

Pet_Smith wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:53 am
SnidelyWhiplash wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:41 pm I continue to believe that Baldwin is the most underrated and Cooper is the most overrated player in dynasty.
Phew - the second page restored my faith. I've literally been screaming Doug Baldwin at my computer wondering why no one was mentioning him!
Thank you for this mental image.

Sterling Archer
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sterling Archer » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:20 am

FiremanEd wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:20 pm Whether the current volume is sustainable or not, the real question is what is he as a talent, age, and situation? Obviously if the targets drop to a level that leaves it unsustainable to be a WR1 that is different, but I don't think targets will be an issue even if they do drop. As a player, are guys you'd put ahead of him better off to validate moving him lower? I guess i just fail to see why people focus on Hopkins with so many of these takes. The guy is a baller. He has everything I want and now he appears to have a QB. Drop the targets a bit, he's still a WR1.

I suppose rather than hear about why Nuk should be dropped, how about opinion on who should pass him to justify it (as if 1-2 spots in rankings actually means anything...). Is it AB and Julio? If so I think we can agree on understanding why they are below. The age debate is a long one. AJG falls into the same bucket. It can't be anyone from Tier 3 IMO, so that leaves Michael Thomas. I don't think he's the better player, he has the older QB, and the 9.5 months age difference doesn't do much to change my opinion.

Barring Brock, Nuk seems like as safe an asset as you can get, with big time upside. I personally feel his ranking is justified and would be interested to hear who should be above him, not just commentary on how he can't sustain the far and away WR1 rank he's putting up with the current volume, which leaves room to drop and still be 'elite'.

Appreciate the list being posted for good discussion. Nice job. I will comment on the other rankings later, but will note that Sammy Watkins scares the crap out of me. I would be scared putting him above #20 right now based on floor and ceiling.
Rankings are difficult to really debate about, but to me Hopkins is basically a young Crabtree. Someone else later calls him a beast. He's definitely not. He runs great routes and has great hands, but he's been in the league 4.5 years and he's only been a "beast" for 1.5 years. The one full year he had a ridiculous amount of targets while down 2+ scores. Sure garbage time counts for FF, but I'm a big proponent of context when looking forward and I don't expect him to playing against prevent defenses for the rest of his career. There was some sentiment before Brock that he was "QB-proof" but what people failed to realize was that Fitzpatrick and Hoyer both had QBR above 90 during his 2nd and 3rd seasons AND Andre Johnson was drawing a lot of double teams during Hopkins first two years.

Now don't get me wrong, Crabtree was an underrated talent saddled with a bad situation. He didn't get garbage targets from a 90 QBR at any point during his younger years, but he also runs great routes and has elite hands, always scoring high on contested catch rate. So calling Hopkins a young Crabtree is not a dig. But it just puts things in context.

So I don't know exactly what to tell you about rankings, but from a skills + age perspective, I see him equal with Keenan Allen. Yes, Keenan gets dinged for a lacerated kidney, an ACL tear, and a dearth of touchdowns this year, but they're the same age, Keenan is also a great route runner with great hands and a high contested catch rate. Their injuries and situations have differed greatly, but going forward I like them similarly. So my answer about where he belongs in the rankings is "right around wherever you rank Keenan."

Also, I've got a bad feeling that Watson and his popgun arm* will come back to earth next season. He was on a historic TD pace for a rookie. I mean, Will Fuller with his Ted Ginn-esque brick hands was catching a TD about every other reception. Something weird was going on in Houston.

*https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/deshaun-watson/

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:31 am

Landry should be higher, and Thielen should be where Landry is. Volume guys never get love because they're not flashy or TD hogs, but they're the guys who get open the best (leading to the QB constantly throwing their way) and have the hands that catch anything they touch.

People are like afraid its simply a QB preference that these guys get that many receptions, and that a QB change will tank their value. Landry is surviving with Deep ball interception machine Cutler. Thielen has improved his stats continually through last year and this year, and with 3 progressively "worse" QBs that keep loving to throw to a guy who can get open and never drop it
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:48 am

joeya2001 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:26 pm No Theilen?
I'd like to 2nd this motion
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:28 pm

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:31 pm I also think Thielen may be the most underrated player in the NFL.
Agreed.

I actually own Benjamin (who makes these rankings) and was considering offering Benjamin + 1st for Thielen. Is there actually a chance I could trade him straight up? Thielen has done in half a season what it takes Benjamin almost a full year to do.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:00 pm

Sterling Archer wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:20 am
FiremanEd wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:20 pm Whether the current volume is sustainable or not, the real question is what is he as a talent, age, and situation? Obviously if the targets drop to a level that leaves it unsustainable to be a WR1 that is different, but I don't think targets will be an issue even if they do drop. As a player, are guys you'd put ahead of him better off to validate moving him lower? I guess i just fail to see why people focus on Hopkins with so many of these takes. The guy is a baller. He has everything I want and now he appears to have a QB. Drop the targets a bit, he's still a WR1.

I suppose rather than hear about why Nuk should be dropped, how about opinion on who should pass him to justify it (as if 1-2 spots in rankings actually means anything...). Is it AB and Julio? If so I think we can agree on understanding why they are below. The age debate is a long one. AJG falls into the same bucket. It can't be anyone from Tier 3 IMO, so that leaves Michael Thomas. I don't think he's the better player, he has the older QB, and the 9.5 months age difference doesn't do much to change my opinion.

Barring Brock, Nuk seems like as safe an asset as you can get, with big time upside. I personally feel his ranking is justified and would be interested to hear who should be above him, not just commentary on how he can't sustain the far and away WR1 rank he's putting up with the current volume, which leaves room to drop and still be 'elite'.

Appreciate the list being posted for good discussion. Nice job. I will comment on the other rankings later, but will note that Sammy Watkins scares the crap out of me. I would be scared putting him above #20 right now based on floor and ceiling.
Rankings are difficult to really debate about, but to me Hopkins is basically a young Crabtree. Someone else later calls him a beast. He's definitely not. He runs great routes and has great hands, but he's been in the league 4.5 years and he's only been a "beast" for 1.5 years. The one full year he had a ridiculous amount of targets while down 2+ scores. Sure garbage time counts for FF, but I'm a big proponent of context when looking forward and I don't expect him to playing against prevent defenses for the rest of his career. There was some sentiment before Brock that he was "QB-proof" but what people failed to realize was that Fitzpatrick and Hoyer both had QBR above 90 during his 2nd and 3rd seasons AND Andre Johnson was drawing a lot of double teams during Hopkins first two years.

Now don't get me wrong, Crabtree was an underrated talent saddled with a bad situation. He didn't get garbage targets from a 90 QBR at any point during his younger years, but he also runs great routes and has elite hands, always scoring high on contested catch rate. So calling Hopkins a young Crabtree is not a dig. But it just puts things in context.

So I don't know exactly what to tell you about rankings, but from a skills + age perspective, I see him equal with Keenan Allen. Yes, Keenan gets dinged for a lacerated kidney, an ACL tear, and a dearth of touchdowns this year, but they're the same age, Keenan is also a great route runner with great hands and a high contested catch rate. Their injuries and situations have differed greatly, but going forward I like them similarly. So my answer about where he belongs in the rankings is "right around wherever you rank Keenan."

Also, I've got a bad feeling that Watson and his popgun arm* will come back to earth next season. He was on a historic TD pace for a rookie. I mean, Will Fuller with his Ted Ginn-esque brick hands was catching a TD about every other reception. Something weird was going on in Houston.

To each their own. I disagree, but we see what we want to see. I don't have the interest to go through and refute all the content you put down, as it would be extensive, and instead will let people come to their own conclusions.

I agree Keenan Allen is a good player. Hopefully he can stay healthy.

abecksta
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby abecksta » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:28 am

Until Landry doesn't have a 90 catch season he's in my top 10.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:40 am

Sterling Archer wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:20 am

You must be new to football and analysis. Welcome

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:17 pm

abecksta wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:28 am Until Landry doesn't have a 90 catch season he's in my top 10.
Totally fair
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)