League mate blowing up his roster

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Triton85
Captain
Captain

League mate blowing up his roster

Postby Triton85 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:30 am

So this guy is sitting in 4th, but has lost 4 straight games. Posts in the group chat that he's doing a "firesale" - mind you, he already had traded away his 1st and 2nd picks in next years draft for McCoy earlier in the year to me.

Just joking I asked what the price for Hilton was... the response I got was "Detroit D", now don't get me wrong I'll take that all day long. But I felt that this guy had no idea what he was doing (or was drunk). So I sent him a dynasty trade calculator to at least give him an idea and told him to think on it for a day or 2.

Then we get to what will forever be known as Black Tuesday in our League... these are the trades that went down...

Trade 1:
Brown for Fitz/Goff

Trade 2:
McCoy & 4th for AP and 2nd

Trade 3:
Goff for 2nd

Trade 4:
Duke Johnson, Trubiksy for Lockett, Lewis, Richard and 4th

Trade 5:
Hilton for T. Williams, Detroit D and early 2nd round pick.

Our commissioner was worried, but nobody in the league seems to mind as the trades all went to the bottom half of the league. But I think this guy just put himself to the bottom of the league for the next 5 years.

Has anyone else seen stuff like this from someone that has said they still want to stay in the league

Mephistopheles
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: League mate blowing up his roster

Postby Mephistopheles » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:42 am

I think your commish needs to step in here and determine what exactly this guy is doing. The only deal that remotely makes sense there is the Goff for a 2nd.

What it sounds like to me is the other owner either (1) is pissed off about something and is dumping his team with the plans to leave the league...and is going to leave the commish with a dumpster fire of a team that he won't be able to sell; or (2) is colluding with a bunch of other owners - maybe to get them a piece of the prize pie to share with him.

Either way, your commish needs to be involved, understand these trades from this owner's perspective, and make sure he has paid for 2018 and any future years where he has traded picks. If either of the above circumstances is even remotely possible, the trades need to be reversed.
PSA - Haggling is NOT the same as negotiating.

Triton85
Captain
Captain

Postby Triton85 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:56 am

I know the guy is annoyed with his team, had some major injuries take him from 5-1 to 5-5 with the rest of the season looking in doubt. But this is still the first year of the league. We all discuss a lot of stuff together and there is no sign of anyone planning to leave, hell he thinks he still has a shot at the playoffs.

Honestly I think he's over valuing 2nd round picks thinking they are going to be all starters. We've had discussions on how to address but everyone in the league seems to be fine with him burning his team to the ground. We've said before if a team is abandoned that the new owner will get to do an "expansion" type draft a bit to get the team back to where it needs to be

Ghosted
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ghosted » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:18 am

Triton85 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:30 am So this guy is sitting in 4th, but has lost 4 straight games. Posts in the group chat that he's doing a "firesale" - mind you, he already had traded away his 1st and 2nd picks in next years draft for McCoy earlier in the year to me.

Just joking I asked what the price for Hilton was... the response I got was "Detroit D", now don't get me wrong I'll take that all day long. But I felt that this guy had no idea what he was doing (or was drunk). So I sent him a dynasty trade calculator to at least give him an idea and told him to think on it for a day or 2.

Then we get to what will forever be known as Black Tuesday in our League... these are the trades that went down...

Trade 1:
Brown for Fitz/Goff

Trade 2:
McCoy & 4th for AP and 2nd

Trade 3:
Goff for 2nd

Trade 4:
Duke Johnson, Trubiksy for Lockett, Lewis, Richard and 4th

Trade 5:
Hilton for T. Williams, Detroit D and early 2nd round pick.

Our commissioner was worried, but nobody in the league seems to mind as the trades all went to the bottom half of the league. But I think this guy just put himself to the bottom of the league for the next 5 years.

Has anyone else seen stuff like this from someone that has said they still want to stay in the league
That comment alone should have been reported to the commish, and all of his trades should have been suspended until it could be investigated further.

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:19 am

Triton85 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:56 am I know the guy is annoyed with his team, had some major injuries take him from 5-1 to 5-5 with the rest of the season looking in doubt. But this is still the first year of the league. We all discuss a lot of stuff together and there is no sign of anyone planning to leave, hell he thinks he still has a shot at the playoffs.

Honestly I think he's over valuing 2nd round picks thinking they are going to be all starters. We've had discussions on how to address but everyone in the league seems to be fine with him burning his team to the ground. We've said before if a team is abandoned that the new owner will get to do an "expansion" type draft a bit to get the team back to where it needs to be
I've done this before. Sometimes you just say bleep it and go for it.

If he's paying his dues and doesn't plan to bail on the league, it's fine. Commish needs to know that the owner is in it for the rebuild, or have a plan for bringing in a new guy.

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:42 am

There's a guy in my league who declared his season over at 6-3 because Elliott got suspended. Frankly his roster is crap but anyone who rebuilds at 6-3 needs to be replaced. Owners like these make me think they have too many psychological problems to play in redraft so they play in a dynasty league where they can pretend losing is a valid strategy rather than admit they failed at something.

It would be one thing if he was blowing up his roster but you can't rebuild with Fitz and Peterson. Undo them all, lock roster, replace him.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:30 am

sounds like this should be your first and also last year in that league. i play for fun but also to win money, this sounds like it may interfere with both.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Triton85
Captain
Captain

Postby Triton85 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:19 am

There have been 16 trades to go through this year, most of which in my eyes there is a clear favorite.

It is 10 guys, all with redrafts in our background and I think there is going to be some significant growing pains. I got Hilton out of the deal, so sure I'm a little biased. But unlike the other guys I at least added to his ask on it.

He's stockpiled 2nd round picks, I don't think he realizes that there isn't much value in them. Even thought we've tried to advise on that

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:38 pm

Does this league require a payment for future years in which you trade away your next year's 1sts and 2nds?
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

Triton85
Captain
Captain

Postby Triton85 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:57 am

Yes, we can only also trade away the following years, not any further. So we cannot trade 2019 picks at this point.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:25 am

ive seen and done something similar to this....there is nothing wrong here as long as the guy sticks around. id like to think that his next moves are ...more moves, to get picks or players. kind of like going young in a start up. im sure we could make quite the list of guys that could have been gotten in the 2nd rd of our rookie drafts. another list of guys who carried decent value from the 2nd to the point of where we could have sold them for profit.

hard to know this guys intentions, but you have to hope he's in it for the long haul. if everyone is redraft oriented....its just going to have to be a learning experience at this point. thats alot of trades. things like this need to happen to "newbies". even if not you, the opportunity to see how it impacts things is part of the learning experience.

whether you guys let these trades ride or not....i would direct that guy to this site, and pin point these forums....or guys like these can really take the fun out of it for alot of other owners. you dont want a farm team/s in your league. there will be bad teams. its inevitable, but you dont want guys supplying the other teams if you will.

you have to question the decisions, but ultimately if they ride it out, pay the dues, stay active....its his team.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:07 am

Triton85 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:57 am Yes, we can only also trade away the following years, not any further. So we cannot trade 2019 picks at this point.
So if I were in your league would I have to pay a deposit if I traded away all my 2018 picks?
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

Triton85
Captain
Captain

Postby Triton85 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:09 pm

Yes, you pay the full next years fee....

That way if you bolt, the person that takes over the team gets 1 year free