I’ve seen Goff go for more
8%

Total votes: 77

DinoDynasty
All Pro
All Pro

Re: This just happened....bad trade...

Postby DinoDynasty » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:59 am

Were you able to confirm via facebook if Jared Goff is in this league?

If not, then per your comments above, it seems that neither of these owners have a $18M signing bonus on hand, and their frustrations with the league commissioner, has led them to collude together to try to win it all this year, taking their prize money, and dipping on this league.

I would immediately do everything in my power to try to receive a refund because it would like this league is already a disaster and your only going to get bent over out of money.
2017 Champ, 2018 Runner-up, 2019 Champ, 2020 Champ, 2021 Runner-up
12 Team PPR
Stairway to Evans
QB: Hurts, Kirk, Bridgewater, Jimmy G
RB: CMC, Pollard, Foreman,
Sanders, Hill
WR: Kupp, Evans, Ridley, Dell, Josh Palmer, Hodgins, Osborn, Parker, MVS
TE: Kelce, Musgrave, Otton, Gray, Woods
DEF: Chicago Ravens
2024 2nd, 3rd, 4th

12 Team .5 PPR
Fields of Dreams
QB - Fields, Cousins, Wilson
RB - Taylor, Swift, Mixon, Pollard, Singelary, McLaughlin
WR - Olave, Tyreek, Tank Dell, Higgins, Gabriel Davis, E Moore, Mingo, Douglas
TE - Ferguson, Gray, Otton
DEF - 49ers, Pats
Picks 2024 2x1st, 3, 4

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:02 am

dm1129 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:57 am This post shows this entire thread is incorrectly named. It should be titled why in the hell is anyone in this league? The old adage, 'fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me' applies here.
No Doubt, I try to be a good owner in the leagues I'm in and may have given too many second chances on this one, but to be fair, last year was rather benign other than the commish expanding himself to a new team... the year before we thought we reigned the rule change issue in when we voted to have no more changes without voting... This year has just gone straight to crap on many fronts.
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Herbert, Tanny
RB: Chubb, Stevenson, AJ Dillion
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas
TE: D Njoku
K: Butker

2023: 1.01, 2.01
2024 early first, late first

Ghosted
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ghosted » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:27 am

Reljac wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:46 am
onetwothree wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:53 pm So let's play devil's advocate and get some more context. The deal is so lopsided that even someone colluding would try to make it less obvious by throwing in fluff just to hide it.
  • - What does the rest of the lineups look like for both teams?
    The team that Acquired AJ Green, Kelce, and Shazier has a starting lineup now of: Dak/Deshaun Watson, Gurley, AJ Green, Djax/Ginn/Watkins, Julio, Kelce, L Miller/AP, Aaron Donald, Cameron Jordan, Schobert, Woodyard, Jalen Mills, Glover Quinn, Shazier and replaced Coby Fleener and Ginn/DJax and an inconsistent OLB....The team that acquired Goff had Winston/Rivers and will now be started Marqise Lee, Jason Witten, and Clinton-Dix (
  • - What are their records? 14-team league and roster 32, so acquiring top players is tough.
    13-7 for the team acquiring AJ Green and Kelce. 10-10 for the team acquiring Goff. Team acquiring Goff was highest scoring non-playoff team, had longshot at playoffs before trade, but can't finish at the bottom
  • - Does the team that got Goff have his own draft pick and is trying to tank?
    Both teams still have their firsts, but #1 pick is disbursed to winner of the playoff bracket, team trading for Goff would've been favorite prior to trade.
  • - Have they made trades before?
    They have not
  • - Any recent trades with other teams?
    None. Trading has been quiet, and historically has been 1 for 1s with Stafford only being traded for a 3rd last season. A week ago two none playoff teams traded prospects and picks.

A few details that should be included. This is the fifth year of the league and has an enhanced 1st place prize of an additional $500. Also the commissioner has changed rules on his own whims multiple times per year including scoring changes. Two years we voted to put these changes to a vote, but they have still continued. As a result there was a huge blowout in September around the 3rd week of the NFL season, when someone noticed a rule change that they didn't expect. At that time the discussion got heated and the Commissioner said he was quitting and he wife came to his defense. He walked back from that comment and At that point, several teams indicated they were not be returning for next year. He then deleted the whole conversation and started a new one defending his changes and shutting down any response he got to it.

Also should note that the commissioner has owned 3 different teams in the last three years... he had his own team 3 years ago, then gave it to someone else and gave himself a new franchise in which he depleted the entire waiver pool before the draft 2 years ago, then decided that sucked, so he gave that an another team who's owner had quit to a new team that came into the league and let them pick the best players off of both those teams and he took over a different team in which he is now the top team in the league.

The player acquiring AJ Green/Kelce/Shazier spoke out against the commissioner's changes at the time and asked for a vote on it, but was never given one. The player acquiring Goff never said a word
W..................T..................F................

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:19 am

Yeah have to consider cutting your losses, doesn't sound like the Commish is capable ... Its obvious collusion.
@PlankMelody

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:21 am

Get your money back!
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:33 am

VETO!!!!!

Let the anti-veto people defend this one hahaha :roll:

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:17 am

The trade is bad, the league itself is worse Reljac.

Sorry about this whole situation, but just plan on bowing out of the league after this season.
1. Commissioner cannot unilaterally change rules without league input. Let alone in-season. That's just ridiculous.
2. Commissioner should not be able to recycle his team on a whim. Compounding that by messing with the player pool.
3. Commissioner should not censor other owners, deleting posts he disagrees with. That's no way to run a league.

Find a new league with grown-ups so your time is well spent, and your enjoyment of the hobby is enhanced. There's enough drama in real-life that we don't need it in the activities we pursue for pleasure.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:23 am

sounds like a league where i would be trading all future assets and going for one last hurrah
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:23 am

who the hell are the 4 idiots who responded they had seen Goff go for more??? lol
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

brewster
Role Player
Role Player

Postby brewster » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:05 am

yikes! HORRIBLE trade....

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:31 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:17 am The trade is bad, the league itself is worse Reljac.

Sorry about this whole situation, but just plan on bowing out of the league after this season.
1. Commissioner cannot unilaterally change rules without league input. Let alone in-season. That's just ridiculous.
2. Commissioner should not be able to recycle his team on a whim. Compounding that by messing with the player pool.
3. Commissioner should not censor other owners, deleting posts he disagrees with. That's no way to run a league.

Find a new league with grown-ups so your time is well spent, and your enjoyment of the hobby is enhanced. There's enough drama in real-life that we don't need it in the activities we pursue for pleasure.
I agree, sad thing is I found it through the 'Help Wanted' on here. The Commish only posts here to keep refilling the spots. So be careful when looking for new leagues
search.php?author_id=25696&sr=posts
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Herbert, Tanny
RB: Chubb, Stevenson, AJ Dillion
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas
TE: D Njoku
K: Butker

2023: 1.01, 2.01
2024 early first, late first

gwjordan
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby gwjordan » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:54 pm

As the commissioner of the league in question, I don't want to get into specifics in response to the posts here, but I would like to point out that the comments I've read here from Steve and some of you others are out of line and, frankly, hurtful. If anyone would like to hear my side of the story, they are welcome to message me directly, but I can assure you that I am doing the best I can as the commissioner and I put a lot of time and money into this league (far beyond what would generally be expected of a commissioner). I don't say that to justify my deicisions or excuse my mistakes, but only to say that they are honestly made. I simply wanted to make the league fair.

As far as this trade goes, I think it is a horrible trade myself, but I did not want to be put into the position where other owners or the commissioner made the decision on what was appropriate. I like the idea of asking for justification, but if he has a ratioinale, then that is enough for me. These things tend to work themselves out over time anyway in my opinion.

Steve, I am open to discussing these issues and any other issues you may have outside this forum. I appreciate you as an owner and a person and would like to keep you around if possible.

Thanks all...Greg Jordan

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:01 pm

Note to self: Never join a league with Greg Jordan as commish

gwjordan
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby gwjordan » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:04 pm

Troll

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:52 pm

gwjordan wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:54 pm As the commissioner of the league in question, I don't want to get into specifics in response to the posts here, but I would like to point out that the comments I've read here from Steve and some of you others are out of line and, frankly, hurtful. If anyone would like to hear my side of the story, they are welcome to message me directly, but I can assure you that I am doing the best I can as the commissioner and I put a lot of time and money into this league (far beyond what would generally be expected of a commissioner). I don't say that to justify my deicisions or excuse my mistakes, but only to say that they are honestly made. I simply wanted to make the league fair.

As far as this trade goes, I think it is a horrible trade myself, but I did not want to be put into the position where other owners or the commissioner made the decision on what was appropriate. I like the idea of asking for justification, but if he has a ratioinale, then that is enough for me. These things tend to work themselves out over time anyway in my opinion.

Steve, I am open to discussing these issues and any other issues you may have outside this forum. I appreciate you as an owner and a person and would like to keep you around if possible.

Thanks all...Greg Jordan
I am sorry if you found my post hurtful Greg. I give you some serious props for taking the time to post and standing up for yourself. The part about "Joining a league with grown-ups" was taking things a little far and I should have left that out. If you did not in fact do the things the OP said, then perhaps we should hear your side of the story. If you did the things I indicated in my earlier post, then I have to say there really isn't sufficient justification for running a league that way.

League Members get to approve, or vote down proposed rule changes. Rule changes are not to be made in-season, especially rules governing scoring. Team ownership turnover and free agent acquisition should follow a process clearly outlined in league bylaws and it doesn't sound as though that was the case here. Censoring other league members opinions isn't conducive to an open exchange of ideas, even if you don't like what's being said.

The trade is bad, sure. I didn't even comment on the idea if it was/wasn't collusion. The part I did comment on was what would bother me most if I were in a league where things were managed this way. Take it as constructive criticism on how to restructure league rules (in conjunction with the other paying league members) this offseason to improve the experience for everyone. I do know being the commissioner isn't easy. It's often times a thankless job.

Good luck moving forward.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku