Lamar Miller (and D'Onta Foreman) in 2018

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Lamar Miller (and D'Onta Foreman) in 2018

Postby BigBawseRoss » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:01 am

Bot101 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:17 pm
gunzwil guinea pigs wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:08 pm can foreman take his job going into 2018? are you considering texans cutting him?
Not after that injury to Foreman. Foreman would need to be a freak to be ready by the start of next season. I think that locked Miller into sticking around for 2018.
its not a year long recovery time

Foreman tore his Achilles racing into the end zone for his second touchdown run in the Week 11 win over the Arizona Cardinals at NRG Stadium. He was carted off after immediately grabbing at the injured foot.

As long as his rehabilitation goes smoothly, Foreman should be ready to roll before the 2018 season begins. Some players have returned to the field in as few as three months, though six to nine months is the typical recovery time.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

PingPwng
Role Player
Role Player

Postby PingPwng » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:12 am

Foreman will definitely miss OTAs and likely miss out on other practices as well. Any lost developmental time is going to hinder his chances of getting into a useable fantasy role. I'm still holding him. Might be dropping him next year though, since my league is on the shallower end of roster sizes.
Waiver Warriors|12 Teams|1PPR|1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLEX/1K/1DEF Roster 21 '14 R/U '17 Champ No '18 picks
QB:C. Newton/J. Goff
RB:T. Gurley/L. Bell NA/M. Mack/J. Mixon/S. Michel/K. Drake/R. Penny
WR:M. Evans/O. Beckham/T. Hill/ T. Boyd/A. Robinson/C. Godwin/D. Westbrook/A. Callaway
TE: I. Thomas/C. Brate/H. Henry (IR) K - M. Prater DEF - CHI

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:09 pm

I didn't see Miller getting cut before the injury. Definitely don't see it now. Teams need more than one capable back these days and who are they going to get to replace Miller? Can't go rookie, or you just have two guys struggling in pass protection, etc. If you go free agent, you're either going to get someone worse than Miller, or you're not going to get much savings in cap space.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:48 pm

BigBawseRoss wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:01 am
Bot101 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:17 pm
gunzwil guinea pigs wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:08 pm can foreman take his job going into 2018? are you considering texans cutting him?
Not after that injury to Foreman. Foreman would need to be a freak to be ready by the start of next season. I think that locked Miller into sticking around for 2018.
its not a year long recovery time

Foreman tore his Achilles racing into the end zone for his second touchdown run in the Week 11 win over the Arizona Cardinals at NRG Stadium. He was carted off after immediately grabbing at the injured foot.

As long as his rehabilitation goes smoothly, Foreman should be ready to roll before the 2018 season begins. Some players have returned to the field in as few as three months, though six to nine months is the typical recovery time.
I hope you are right. Especially considering I gave up what I thought would be a late 1st (ended up 1.06) for him. Id love to see some positive news early considering my RB lack of depth un sig. Im also debating selling my 1.02 for Tyreek Hill.

The Pyrate
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby The Pyrate » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:33 am

Per Rotoworld, next year's $5ish mil salary is guaranteed. 2019 another $5mil (no guarantee), then free-agency in 2020. Gives Houston options for the future depending on Foreman's development. Make no mistake, there is a plan in place for this position in Houston.

Miller is career 4.9 / yd average, but has been declining steadily since 2014's high of 5.1. Carrys have been in the 200 per year range since that time as well. Miller is solid, but regressing. I see him opening 2018 as the lead dog in Houston, he will be 27.

If Foreman comes back well by the second half of 2018, and if he can progress in passing, look for him to take over in 2019, with Miller getting traded or cut and a rookie drafted to fit Miller's dimensions.

Fantasy 2018, I see Miller no more than a RB2. We have seen his ceiling. Value in trade can still be had, but I too will be looking to move him down (or off) my depth cart.
THE PYRATES. Terrorizing this league since 2006 - Playoffs (06,07,10,11,13-16,18, 19)
4 Division titles, 5 Superbowls (2006, 2013-2016), 2013 CCFL Champions

QB: D.Watson, T.Bridgewater, C.Newton, AJ.McCarron, J.Hurts-R
RB: D.Henry, K.Drake, A.Dillon-R, D.Evans-R, R.Armstead, D.Lewis, F.Gore, B.Hill, D.Williams, D.Dallas-R,
WR: M.Evans, J.Smith-Schuster, C.Ridley, C.Kirk
TE: T.Kelce, C.Herndon
K: M.Gay, M.Prater
DEF Texans, Seahawks

14-team, 2 division, non-ppr with salary caps. Starts 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, K, DST
Pillage FIRST! THEN burn. Doing it the other way around is pointless.