2018 QBs

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: 2018 QBs

Postby Vcize » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:21 pm

Defender wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:18 am
Servo wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:20 am I think the only "issue" is his personality and will teams like it. Rosen to me seems like the guy who would bitch out teammates, question play calls or coaching decisions....all of which may not be a bad thing but is he good enough to back that talk up? That's the question.

Rosen was a 5* prospect and probably has lived up to that pedigree, even though UCLA hasn't been really good. Early breakout age and Ian Wharton, I believe, said his statistics over the last couple seasons have profiled with Eli and Jameis....company that can play in the NFL.
Wasn’t it Rosen who constructed a makeshift hot tub in his dorm room? And there was a picture leaked that showed him and a girl drinking in the hot tub. Violation of dorm rules and just bad PR.
Sounds like a college kid being a college kid.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:50 pm

Vcize wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:21 pm
Servo wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:20 am I think the only "issue" is his personality and will teams like it. Rosen to me seems like the guy who would bitch out teammates, question play calls or coaching decisions....all of which may not be a bad thing but is he good enough to back that talk up? That's the question.

Rosen was a 5* prospect and probably has lived up to that pedigree, even though UCLA hasn't been really good. Early breakout age and Ian Wharton, I believe, said his statistics over the last couple seasons have profiled with Eli and Jameis....company that can play in the NFL.
Wasn’t it Rosen who constructed a makeshift hot tub in his dorm room? And there was a picture leaked that showed him and a girl drinking in the hot tub. Violation of dorm rules and just bad PR.
Agreed. However, I think most NFL teams want a QB who shows more maturity than that. The worry being that we’ve seen this story before with David Carr and Jonny Manziel.

On the other hand, I (and others) were worried that Jameis Winston was too immature, but he has been just fine since entering the league. So who knows?
The standard is the standard.

jgoodie24
Rookie
Rookie

Postby jgoodie24 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:04 pm

Will a 3rd round pick in a 10 team league get these guys? Or will the hyped ones go 2nd or even 1st?
I think it probably depends on the league. I got Wentz at 4.5 and Prescott at 5.5 in a 5 round draft in 2016 but that's probably an extreme example. This year, Watson was the first QB off the board at 2.10 and somehow Goff was available as the last QB taken at 5.4. Obviously, my league doesn't value QBs super highly.
Riverside Van Dwellers - 2021 Champion
10 Team, 0.5 PPR:
starts 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 flex, 1 D/ST, 1 K
12 bench, 4 IR, 3 Redshirts (2 yr limit)

QB: T. Brady, J. Garoppolo
RB: D. Singletary, D. Swift, CEH, J. Cook, J. Warren, J. McKinnon
WR: C. Kupp, T. Higgins, K. Allen, DeVonta Smith, G. Davis, A-R St. Brown, A. Pierce
TE: T. Higbee, TJ Hockenson
K: T. Bass, B. Maher
D/ST: Pit, Ind, LAR
IR: Marquise Brown
Redshirt: D. Ridder, K. Williams

2023 picks: 1, 2, 3, 4x2
2024 picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:18 pm

Defender wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:50 pm
Vcize wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:21 pm

Agreed. However, I think most NFL teams want a QB who shows more maturity than that. The worry being that we’ve seen this story before with David Carr and Jonny Manziel.

On the other hand, I (and others) were worried that Jameis Winston was too immature, but he has been just fine since entering the league. So who knows?
You mean the guy who had the stupidest pre game speech Ive ever heard? The best part was DJax in the background with the "I shoulda stayed in Washington" look.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:10 pm

I like Baker Mayfield. Strong arm, always zips the ball. Reads the defense well and works through progressions quickly. Also is best qb in cfl i think according to pff against the blitz
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:20 am

jgoodie24 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:04 pm
Will a 3rd round pick in a 10 team league get these guys? Or will the hyped ones go 2nd or even 1st?
I think it probably depends on the league. I got Wentz at 4.5 and Prescott at 5.5 in a 5 round draft in 2016 but that's probably an extreme example. This year, Watson was the first QB off the board at 2.10 and somehow Goff was available as the last QB taken at 5.4. Obviously, my league doesn't value QBs super highly.
In our ten team lg I got Wentz @ 2.5 and Dak @ 2.9(considered a reach as Romo was still in the picture at time)

Usually around the end of 2nd into early 3rd rd for "HOT" prospect QB's. In 10 team everyone already has 2-3 solid starters so RB / WR take over the first couple of rounds. Can't remember t last 1st rd QB but pretty sure Luck late 1st and before that maybe all the way back to Peyton / Leaf. Even Vick went 2nd.None this year in the top two rds. Mahomes @28 overall was first. But once the ice was broke Trubisky, Watson went soon after. I missed out by a pick of getting Mahomes @ 29, really thought I had him. :evil:

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:49 am

Maybe, maybe seeing what Watson did this year fantasy owners would take a chance earlier on a QB....averaging 20-30 points a game for 5 weeks is a huge boost and that would probably win you a lot of matchups....regardless of league type.

But which QB coming out would have that potential? Honestly, it's probably Mayfield and Jackson who do....guys that can be dynamic in the pocket.

I think mobility is one of the biggest attributes a QB needs in the pocket. Haven't watched any of Rosen's games to see how he does navigating the pocket and Darnold appears to be pretty mobile.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:38 am

DJB wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:10 pm I like Baker Mayfield. Strong arm, always zips the ball. Reads the defense well and works through progressions quickly. Also is best qb in cfl i think according to pff against the blitz
He is a gamer too, Boomer Sooner. Any coach passing on him, is passing on MJ. Poor joke, I know, but he has been great this year. If they make the CFP and can perform on the national stage vs an Alabama or Clemson defense, he will for sure get a little more pre draft hype. TCU game definitely helped since they were #6 in the nation and ranked #6 on D too.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:43 am

Servo wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:38 am I will say, for all the "bad PR" Rosen has brought up, he's been really quiet this season so far. :thumbup:
I don't even think it was bad PR. What he said made a lot of sense if people listened to the entire interview. I was down on him last year after he had a hot tub put into his dorm and thought he was going to be some douche diva, but I like what I'm seeing this year.

As for the rest of the QBs, I'm not as high on the class as I was a year ago (especially if Darnold stays), but still think it can be very good.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:05 am

I have heard some think Rosen is arrogant but that hasn't hurt most QB's in the NFL...however, he will have to earn the trust of his teammates and being a high draft pick won't do that.
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:23 am

maxhyde wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:05 am I have heard some think Rosen is arrogant but that hasn't hurt most QB's in the NFL...however, he will have to earn the trust of his teammates and being a high draft pick won't do that.
Smokin' Jay 2.0 :thumbup:

Ghosted
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ghosted » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:51 am

Overall, this qb class is a pretty big disappointment to me