2018 QBs

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Servo
All Pro
All Pro

2018 QBs

Postby Servo » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:32 pm

- Winston - had some abysmal games this year, Bucs are trending in the wrong direction....have we already seen peak Jameis?
- Mariota - not as efficient last year and the Titans haven't taken that step forward....and Mariota has been dinged up again.

- Wentz - Eagles are on a tear, very good overall team, Wentz has been making big plays and currently in the MVP race.
- Dak - Even though the Cowboys haven't been as good as last year, and the Zeke shadow, Dak has still been a very very very good QB.
- Goff - a lot of people probably gave up on the guy, won't say that he's looked as good as Wentz/Dak but where he is and where the Rams are. Pretty damn impressive so far, have to see if they can keep it up.

- Watson - looked real impressive from a fantasy perspective, still think he had a ton of hailmary passes and costly picks. 2nd ACL tear for him, we'll see how he rebounds and if the hype continues.
- Trubisky - probably a similar situation to Goff last year, 0 receiving weapons and has Jordan Howard and a good OL. Hopefully Chicago shakes things up this offseason....like PHI + LAR have done.
- Kizer - just not a good situation, Jackson has probably killed Kizer with the benching/trying to trade for McCarron, etc. Have to feel that Kizer could be successful but Cleveland is a QB graveyard.
- Mahomes - time will tell.

WITH ALL OF THIS BEING SAID, WHERE IS EVERYONE ON 2018 QBs? Thoughts on those below?

- Darnold - chance he stays at USC, is he even that good?
- Rosen - seems like he has to put UCLA on his back, different character for evaluators/scouts this offseason
- Mayfield - probably the best QB in CFB right now, will his game translate?
- Jackson - 2nd best QB probably, will his game translate.
- Rudolph
- Allen (lol)

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: 2018 QBs

Postby Friction » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:05 pm

Mayfield- A White Russell Wilson ( That's Racist! I know)
Allen- teams still like his upside, even if it has simmered. He has no playmakers or team around him really
Darnold- Still declares
Rosen- Probably would be 1.1 if he did not have off field concerns
Jackson- He will go high regardless, too much athleticism and stats to not have at least one team fall in love
Rudolph- Keeps Rising, system-ish Qb in a no defense conference for the most part
Falk- Spread, air raid offense QB, but has his fans
Northwestern QB- I cant even think of his name right now and am too lazy to Google it, many mocks have him in 1st rd now
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:32 pm

I'm a firm believer that if your stock is high, you declare. There is no guarantee you'll have the same stock once scouts have another year to disect your game or injuries happen.

I think they all declare.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:04 am

Very surprised with how much Allen has continued to remain this year, even if Allen has every physical trait a team will drool over....couldn't the same be said of Paxton Lynch? And look what has become of him, looked awful in the preseason and is either hurt + not good enough to beat out Brock Lobster.

I'm with you Giles, education will always be there but NFL paychecks won't.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:37 am

I agree with the declare while you can mentality. It happens every year where a guy loses stock. I would say Lamar Jackson (ended year on sour note), Rosen (injured, how would he bounce back) and the Northwestern guy (relative unknown) all improved their stock. It is why at RB I think guys like Penny and Adams declare, I believe they both can. Chubb probably made the right decision to stay in school another year, especially with Georgia being in the spotlight behind a power running game. It will give him plenty of opportunity to re-impress the masses.
Valhalla's Father

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:03 am

If you watch any northwestern game you'll quickly find out that that qb has zero chance of going in the first round.

Rosen is my favorite qb right now. I'm not aware of his "off field concerns" besides him speaking his mind. Can any elaborate

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:20 am

I think the only "issue" is his personality and will teams like it. Rosen to me seems like the guy who would bitch out teammates, question play calls or coaching decisions....all of which may not be a bad thing but is he good enough to back that talk up? That's the question.

Rosen was a 5* prospect and probably has lived up to that pedigree, even though UCLA hasn't been really good. Early breakout age and Ian Wharton, I believe, said his statistics over the last couple seasons have profiled with Eli and Jameis....company that can play in the NFL.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:32 am

Really hoping for a good one. For a 1 QB league, there are 0 QBs on the wire in my league. I have nobody besides Brisset behind Wilson.

Will a 3rd round pick in a 10 team league get these guys? Or will the hyped ones go 2nd or even 1st?
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:06 am

Servo wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:20 am I think the only "issue" is his personality and will teams like it. Rosen to me seems like the guy who would bitch out teammates, question play calls or coaching decisions....all of which may not be a bad thing but is he good enough to back that talk up? That's the question.

Rosen was a 5* prospect and probably has lived up to that pedigree, even though UCLA hasn't been really good. Early breakout age and Ian Wharton, I believe, said his statistics over the last couple seasons have profiled with Eli and Jameis....company that can play in the NFL.
Totally valid point. Thanks

Stevens61310
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Stevens61310 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:33 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:32 pm I'm a firm believer that if your stock is high, you declare. There is no guarantee you'll have the same stock once scouts have another year to disect your game or injuries happen.

I think they all declare.

I think you are right. I will always think about Matt Barkley in this situation. He was hot--would probably have gone in the TOP 5 if not first. He declared for one more year--and the wheels fell off--

Is he good? Ehh. But his chances and his money would have been higher if he had opted for the draft--

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:18 am

Servo wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:20 am I think the only "issue" is his personality and will teams like it. Rosen to me seems like the guy who would bitch out teammates, question play calls or coaching decisions....all of which may not be a bad thing but is he good enough to back that talk up? That's the question.

Wasn’t it Rosen who constructed a makeshift hot tub in his dorm room? And there was a picture leaked that showed him and a girl drinking in the hot tub. Violation of dorm rules and just bad PR.
The standard is the standard.

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:23 am

Defender wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:18 am

Wasn’t it Rosen who constructed a makeshift hot tub in his dorm room? And there was a picture leaked that showed him and a girl drinking in the hot tub. Violation of dorm rules and just bad PR.
If this is true I want that guy on my team.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:52 am

It was not just some girl too. It was an Arizona State hottie that held up a sign for him (@ASU) with her number. So definite props on going into another team's house, winning the game, and then stealing one of their girls.
Valhalla's Father

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:56 am

ImaRounder wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:03 am If you watch any northwestern game you'll quickly find out that that qb has zero chance of going in the first round.

Rosen is my favorite qb right now. I'm not aware of his "off field concerns" besides him speaking his mind. Can any elaborate
That was my first thought too, hence why I cannot even recall his last name. I watch a decent amount of BIG10 and he seemed like JAG to me. I seriously have seen him on multiple, recent mocks in the 1st round, and not just some random websites either. I agree with you though, but I am no professional scout so maybe they must see some sort of "intangible" that my mind cannot wrap itself around. For what it is worth, the mocks have him sneaking in towards the end of the 1st, so it could be they think he has juuust enough talent for a QB needy team to trade back in.
Valhalla's Father

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:38 am

I will say, for all the "bad PR" Rosen has brought up, he's been really quiet this season so far. :thumbup: