Mid Season Assessment of John Ross

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Mid Season Assessment of John Ross

Postby kamihamster » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:37 pm

So far it looks like the concerns he had coming out regarding injuries have been legit. He has negative points on the year. He's on a bad team with offensive issues--coaches being fired and what not. For owners, what are you all doing with him? Is now a good time to buy low, what's his worth?
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

GoodellsPaycheck
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Mid Season Assessment of John Ross

Postby GoodellsPaycheck » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:54 pm

It's not looking good.

I impulsively gave a late 2nd for him early in the year just in case he could break out and be a hit. Unfortunately he's shown absolutely nothing but injury concerns. I'm going to sit tight and have him as a keeper for next season because he's value couldn't get any lower. I'm not expecting much though

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:59 pm

Mid season assessment is essentially a missing persons report.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:11 pm

My hope he'd come close to Fuller, but Fuller splashed right away, I've seen no splash from Ross ... Getting a little tired of all the waiting on injured WR's
@PlankMelody

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:13 pm

He will be one of my drops to fit the 2018 rookies. I never believed in him to begin with, but got him as a throw in on a trade.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:15 pm

He's a good player, he'll start to do something eventually even if it takes a few years a'la Paul Richardson.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:29 pm

Hard to assess someone who hasn't been on the field yet.

seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby seahawks506 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:39 pm

I don't own Ross anywhere, but I don't understand why you'd draft Ross without committing to holding him for at least a couple years. Sure, it's really easy to give up on him now and you might be pretty sure he'll be a bust, but what if you're wrong? How can you be so sure on a player after a slow first half? I don't think Ross has helped himself at all, but I also feel this is more on the coaching staff than him at this point.
orphan rebuild- 3 superflex, nerfed QB scoring 0.5/1/1.5 wr/rb/te PPR
QB: Hurts, Dobbs, Lance, Huntley, Bagent
RB: Swift, Kamara, Sanders, K. Mitchell, Foreman, CEH, Dowdle, Demercado
WR: Lamb, AJB, DK, Hollywood, Jakobi, Lazard, Boyd, Shaheed, Douglas
TE: Chig, Juwan, Conklin, Taysom, Smythe
Picks: 3 2024 2nds

rebuild 2: 1QB PPR
QB: Richardson, Pickett, Mayfield
RB: Achane, E Mitchell, Demercado
WR: Chase, Addison, QJ, J Palmer, Wan'Dale, Claypool, Douglas, Metchie
TE: Kittle, Mayer, Otton, Ferguson
Picks: 3 2024 1sts, 2 2024 2nds

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:42 pm

Never been a fan of Ross and I see flop written all over him.
However, as mentioned above; hard to assess him at this point.

Realistically - your assessment cannot have changed too much from whatever your assessment was prior to the season beginning.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:18 pm

seahawks506 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:39 pm I don't own Ross anywhere, but I don't understand why you'd draft Ross without committing to holding him for at least a couple years. Sure, it's really easy to give up on him now and you might be pretty sure he'll be a bust, but what if you're wrong? How can you be so sure on a player after a slow first half? I don't think Ross has helped himself at all, but I also feel this is more on the coaching staff than him at this point.
What you say makes sense, but it also makes sense that people are worried that a guy who's biggest concern was injuries is already having problems with injuries, especially given the small handful of young WRs that have had their chances derailed by injuries lately.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:15 pm

He will be an off-season sell for me, when people are chasing youth. His injury history scares me and the situation doesn't seem great either playing with Dalton and a low upside passing offense. I think you can sell high in the off-season and re-buy down the road if you believe in him. Boom-bust profile anyways for weekly lineups. He'll never have the ceiling or floor of a Cooks/T.Y. in Cincy so might as well just sell the kid and get something more useful.

GoodellsPaycheck
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby GoodellsPaycheck » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:25 pm

Jason3123 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:15 pm He will be an off-season sell for me, when people are chasing youth. His injury history scares me and the situation doesn't seem great either playing with Dalton and a low upside passing offense. I think you can sell high in the off-season and re-buy down the road if you believe in him. Boom-bust profile anyways for weekly lineups. He'll never have the ceiling or floor of a Cooks/T.Y. in Cincy so might as well just sell the kid and get something more useful.
I wouldn't go as far as saying he doesn't have the ceiling of Cooks/TY. He has that freak speed where if the defender zigs when they should've zagged it's too late and he's going for a 70 yard TD

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby The Red Rooster » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:27 pm

Bot101 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:13 pm He will be one of my drops to fit the 2018 rookies. I never believed in him to begin with, but got him as a throw in on a trade.
If you know you will drop him, you should be shopping him for any pick...someone will want to buy low.

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby The Red Rooster » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:29 pm

seahawks506 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:39 pm I don't own Ross anywhere, but I don't understand why you'd draft Ross without committing to holding him for at least a couple years. Sure, it's really easy to give up on him now and you might be pretty sure he'll be a bust, but what if you're wrong? How can you be so sure on a player after a slow first half? I don't think Ross has helped himself at all, but I also feel this is more on the coaching staff than him at this point.
Completely agree. I personally won't be selling for pennies on the dollar. It's not what any owners wanted to see this year but he's basically a hold right now.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:48 am

Hahahaha funny topic.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th