2018 NFL Free Agency...

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
abecksta
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: 2018 NFL Free Agency...

Postby abecksta » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:07 pm

skip wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:08 am

Cousins will probably be gone but I'm going to stress the word probably. The commonplace thinking out there seems to be that the Redskins are not committed to him for the long term but I am not sure that's accurate. The reports that came out just prior to the start of the year seemed to indicate that the issue the entire time with working a long term deal was with Cousins. I think this was a battle more about guaranteed money and NFL contracts in general. I suspect Washington will continue to make plenty of overtures in an effort to keep him. Ultimately I would expect him to go somewhere else (not the 49ers) where someone offers him more guarantees. Here are my 4 most likely landing spots (in order): NY Giants, Jacksonville, Cleveland, NY Jets. Maybe some will be surprised at the suggestion of the Giants but it seems very plausible to me that they try to unload Eli this off season. It may be more likely they grab a rookie seeing as they will have a top 5 draft pick, but they've seen plenty of Cousins the last couple of years and he may be looking to sign in division to try to "stick it" to the Redskins.
Cousins, OBJ, Shepard, Engram and Saquon Barkley? watch the f out NFC

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:13 pm

abecksta wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:07 pm
skip wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:08 am

Cousins will probably be gone but I'm going to stress the word probably. The commonplace thinking out there seems to be that the Redskins are not committed to him for the long term but I am not sure that's accurate. The reports that came out just prior to the start of the year seemed to indicate that the issue the entire time with working a long term deal was with Cousins. I think this was a battle more about guaranteed money and NFL contracts in general. I suspect Washington will continue to make plenty of overtures in an effort to keep him. Ultimately I would expect him to go somewhere else (not the 49ers) where someone offers him more guarantees. Here are my 4 most likely landing spots (in order): NY Giants, Jacksonville, Cleveland, NY Jets. Maybe some will be surprised at the suggestion of the Giants but it seems very plausible to me that they try to unload Eli this off season. It may be more likely they grab a rookie seeing as they will have a top 5 draft pick, but they've seen plenty of Cousins the last couple of years and he may be looking to sign in division to try to "stick it" to the Redskins.
Cousins, OBJ, Shepard, Engram and Saquon Barkley? watch the f out NFC
If they don't get someone to block for them it could be Montana, Rice, Gonzalez, and Payton all in their primes and it wouldn't do much good.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:32 pm

I think it's going to be one of the most interesting free agency periods in a long time
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:40 pm

Vcize wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:13 pm If they don't get someone to block for them it could be Montana, Rice, Gonzalez, and Payton all in their primes and it wouldn't do much good.
That may end up being one of the reasons Cousins stays. Washington has issues, but they at least have a competent offensive line.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:26 pm

Eddie Lacy? Just dropped in my league! :o
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:32 pm

Adding Jordan Matthews to this list. With the trade for Benjamin I would imagine J-Matt leaves.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:02 pm

Better keeper, Jeremy Hill or Eddie Lacy? Neither one in their current situation, but who do you guys think might land in the better spot next year?

I am leaning towards Hill. Lacy has had opportunities in GB and Seattle, and hasn't gotten it done. His weight/commitment have been an issue too.

Hill has shown some good and some bad in Cincinnati, but he's effective near the goal line and more reliable in the sense of his commitment. No one is finding running room in Cincinnati right now, it's not just him...
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:47 pm

jetsfan5757 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:02 pm Better keeper, Jeremy Hill or Eddie Lacy? Neither one in their current situation, but who do you guys think might land in the better spot next year?

I am leaning towards Hill. Lacy has had opportunities in GB and Seattle, and hasn't gotten it done. His weight/commitment have been an issue too.

Hill has shown some good and some bad in Cincinnati, but he's effective near the goal line and more reliable in the sense of his commitment. No one is finding running room in Cincinnati right now, it's not just him...
I would go Hill. He should sign somewhere and possibly have an immediate role.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:27 pm

Is Jeff Janis a FA this coming off season?

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:13 am

Bot101 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:27 pm Is Jeff Janis a FA this coming off season?
Does it matter? I mean, I know he has made a couple plays but... dude has Coby Fleener syndrome. He's just fast, and allegedly cannot be trusted to run the right plays.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:39 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:13 am
Bot101 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:27 pm Is Jeff Janis a FA this coming off season?
Does it matter? I mean, I know he has made a couple plays but... dude has Coby Fleener syndrome. He's just fast, and allegedly cannot be trusted to run the right plays.
Oh of course. My interest is mild at best. I was just curious because I was listening to the player profiler podcast and the host teased he has a good source that said the patriots were keeping a close eye on Janis for this upcoming free agency.

npainter
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby npainter » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:48 am

Bot101 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:39 am
lukkynumber13 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:13 am
Oh of course. My interest is mild at best. I was just curious because I was listening to the player profiler podcast and the host teased he has a good source that said the patriots were keeping a close eye on Janis for this upcoming free agency.
Jeff Janis is a really good special teamer and a mediocre WR. If NE picked him up it would be to fill the Mathew Slater role of Special Teams with occasional use on offense if needed. No one is going to use him as a top 3-4 receiver.

psu007
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby psu007 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:50 am

I think worst case Bell gets tagged again, highly doubt he goes anywhere unless the Steelers trade him, and they don't do things like that. The one I'm most interested in is Arob. I just want him with a competent QB, whether that's signing somewhere else, or Jacksonville signing a new QB.
Team 1 - 12 Team, PPR, All 6TD

1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX, K, D

QB - Cousins, Luck, Mayfield
RB - Elliot, Thompson, McKinnon, Penny, Michel, Miller, E.McGuire, Foreman, Ekeler
WR - OBJ, Robinson, K.Allen, C.Davis, Allsion, M.Bryant, C.Coleman, Moncrief, P.Richardson, Chark
TE - Reed, Gathers, Shaheen, Seals-Jones
K - Jake Elliott
D - NE, MIA
Picks - 2019: 3-5

Team 2 - 12 Team, SF 0.5 PPR, 4/6TD

1 QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1SF, 1FLEX, 1TE

QB - Cousins, Goff, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jackson
RB - Gurley, Ingram, Coleman, Clement, Booker, Rawls, Samuels
WR - Hilton, Fuller, Moore, Byrant, Locket, Moncrief, Rogers, Miller, St.Brown,
TE - Gesicki, Clay, McDonald, Andrews
Picks - 2019: 1,2,3x2,4

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:12 am

Obviously Chris Hogan was "okay" during the regular season in 2016 and has now cooled off due to injury in 2017 but if New England picks someone up, I think you pay attention. Hell, New England could think that Janis is Hogan 2.0.

For a .0000001% chance I just picked up Colt McCoy in my Deep 2QB league to hedge Cousins leaving. Would probably just end up being Tom Savage and Mike Glennon on repeat.