Alshon - going rate?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

What is Alshon worth in rookie picks (12 team, 0.5 PPR)

Multiple 1st (early picks)
No votes
Multiple 1st (random picks)
14%
1 Early 1st
29%
1 Mid 1st
31%
1 Late 1st
22%
1 2nd
4%
1 3rd
No votes
1 4th
No votes

Total votes: 49

trc
Captain
Captain

Alshon - going rate?

Postby trc » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:44 am

Soo

Let's discuss Alshon a bit.

I have not been able to see PHI games this year, so hopefully somebody can fill me in.
But as far as the box score is, he is getting a ton of targets, but the low catch rate is somehow disturbing to me. Is this on him, Wentz or just very good defensive plays?

What do you guys expect from him going forward?
I still believe he is borderline WR1 rest of season and will most likely continue to be that for the next couple of years. At least that is how he is trending atm.

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Alshon - going rate?

Postby Ruggenater » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:35 am

All the coverage is flowing to Alshon, which is why he has a low catch rate. This is the reason why Agholor has been able to have the season he's had. I'm pretty high on Alshon for the remainder of the year as well as going forward (provided he stays in a good situation like he has in Philly).

Seems like his going rate is in the mid first area.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

Kramer
MVP
MVP

Postby Kramer » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:50 am

Alshon's too talented to sell for just a random 1st. On a PPG basis, he's around WR20 right now and him and Wentz are still trying to build their chemistry together. I'd need two mid to late 1sts or a high 1st and a 2nd or something equivalent to part with him. He's still the best WR and should be tied to Wentz and the Eagles offense for the next few years. Wentz and him will develop more and more chemistry as they figure out what defenses are doing and this will lead to more consistency as it will improve his efficiency. If all it takes is a 1st to get him from another owner, I'd just on that all day.
10 team SF .5ppr-QB,2RB,3WR,TE,Flex,SF,Def (30 spots)
QB: Allen, AR, Brissett
RB: Mixon,Barkley,Rhamondre,Foreman
WR: Deebo,Adams,Jeudy, Devonta,Nuk
TE: Knox,Chig, Woods, Ferguson
2023 picks: 2, 3, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20
2024 picks: 3 2nds
2025 picks: 3 2nds

joeylitz
Role Player
Role Player

Postby joeylitz » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:20 am

So I think he’s worth a mid-first and i think you will get that or better - but I wouldn’t pay more than a 2 (so that means he won’t be on my team). I’d rather have the upside a mid-first gives me.

I don’t know if Alshon will bounce back and provide 1400 yards (or whatever it was) in the upcoming years. Nor am I sure the Eagles will resign him. His production is not matching his contract, so the Eagles may want to bring him back at a lower rate. Someone else may pay him bigger money and we don’t know who that is yet.
Just my two cents
2016 Frozen Tundra Dynasty League Champions
12 Team Dynasty, PPR, 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-1FLEX-1PK-1DST

QB: Brees. Wentz, Winston, Rudolph
RB: L. Bell, J. Conner, Michel. McKinnon, L. Miller, Montgomery, T. Riddick, Prosise, J. Conner,
WR: A. Robinson, Woods, M. Jones, Godwin, Boyd, Crabtree, Moncrief, Gabriel, C. Henderson, J. Washington, J. Moore
TE: D. Walker. Hooper, I. Thomas
K: Elliott
DST: DEN. KC

Draft:
1.08: Hockenson
2.08: JAWS
3.08:

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:33 am

joeylitz wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:20 am His production is not matching his contract, so the Eagles may want to bring him back at a lower rate.
Statistics and salary have never gone hand-in-hand. Not only will he make at least as much as he made this year, he'll make more on a long term deal back with the Eagles. The key is supply and demand, not numbers. Here is a list of current UFAs:
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/wide-receiver/

Focusing entirely on numbers, the first thing that stands out is he is currently making the 2nd highest salary on that list this season. He's also the 2nd most productive (depending on your criteria, but I'm looking just at yardage). Now let's count up the guys we think may make at least $5 million next season: Jeffery, Watkins, Adams, Robinson, Landry, and maybe Moncrief. I expect a couple of others will push that mark based solely on market demand. That's a really short list of top talent.

If I had to guess, he'll get something around a 4 year deal, $45 million including a signing bonus of about $15m. Sound high? That would put him at the same salary range as Baldwin, Keenan and DJax. So my estimate is probably on the low end.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Postby Nanananananana » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:40 am

I've been waiting for Alshon to get back to form for too long. I moved on from him this year and I don't regret it. I highly doubt your getting 2 firsts for him but I'm sure I'll see that in the completed trades thread because I'm always amazed at the deals some guys get.
If you look at his career stats nothing suggests that he should be worth two first round picks, the league spoke this year when he got a one-year contract. In Fantasy he's completely replaceable. I got rid of him and Demarius this year because I realize I could easily get the same production out of much less expensive wide receivers.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:02 pm

I know the few places I have Alshon if I could buy for the prices people are trying to buy from me for I would own him everywhere.

I know he hasn't lit things up but he is actually getting targets and I think things will start coming together for them. Scary thought that Wentz/Alshon aren't really clicking but PHI is a monster on offense
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:18 pm

Sell for a top 3 First, hold or buy otherwise
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:25 pm

He's worth an early first. I completely expect Philly to re-sign him next year.

joeylitz
Role Player
Role Player

Postby joeylitz » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:41 pm

I’m not sure why some are so confident the Eagles resign him. He’s on a 1-year contract and the Eagles will have 12 free agents at the end of the year. The #1 priority will be resigning Timmy Jernigan. Alshon will be #2, but historically, the Eagles don’t pay $10M for WRs. So, as a long time Eagles fan, I’m hopeful he comes back - even with his subpar production, he opens things up for Errz and Agholor - but I’m certainly not confident nor optimistic.
2016 Frozen Tundra Dynasty League Champions
12 Team Dynasty, PPR, 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-1FLEX-1PK-1DST

QB: Brees. Wentz, Winston, Rudolph
RB: L. Bell, J. Conner, Michel. McKinnon, L. Miller, Montgomery, T. Riddick, Prosise, J. Conner,
WR: A. Robinson, Woods, M. Jones, Godwin, Boyd, Crabtree, Moncrief, Gabriel, C. Henderson, J. Washington, J. Moore
TE: D. Walker. Hooper, I. Thomas
K: Elliott
DST: DEN. KC

Draft:
1.08: Hockenson
2.08: JAWS
3.08:

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:26 pm

Alshon is WR#5 in standard scoring, WR#9 in PPR right now. He has been elite in the past. Yet in DLF November mocks he went 39th, 49th, 38th, 38th, behind players like Jordy, Dez, DT, Golden Tate? He's not the most underrated player (that would be Jarvis Landry) but his 2016 value hasn't returned yet.

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Postby Nanananananana » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:35 pm

Tsunami wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:26 pm Alshon is WR#5 in standard scoring, WR#9 in PPR right now. He has been elite in the past. Yet in DLF November mocks he went 39th, 49th, 38th, 38th, behind players like Jordy, Dez, DT, Golden Tate? He's not the most underrated player (that would be Jarvis Landry) but his 2016 value hasn't returned yet.
In the league I sold him in which is basic ppr scoring on mfl, Alshon is 23rd in ppg this season even after his Ertz-less blowup game. Had this thread happened a week ago it would be very different.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:24 am

Alshon was WR23/WR18 in PPR/Standard Weeks 1-8. After last week's game he jumped to WR8/WR5 in PPR/Standard. So, he hasn't really been holding steady as a WR1 or anything.

He's on pace for 60/889/9, which isn't that great considering what he's done in the past, but still productive. He's always been worth more than a random 1st, but I wouldn't use this game to justify his value. He could finish the season as a WR1 with Wentz playing out of his mind right now, but I think he's only worth a 1.04-1.05+

Sterling Archer
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sterling Archer » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:39 am

Tsunami wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:26 pm Alshon is WR#5 in standard scoring, WR#9 in PPR right now. He has been elite in the past. Yet in DLF November mocks he went 39th, 49th, 38th, 38th, behind players like Jordy, Dez, DT, Golden Tate? He's not the most underrated player (that would be Jarvis Landry) but his 2016 value hasn't returned yet.
He has not had his bye yet so his season totals are inflated compared to just about everyone else (especially if anyone has missed a game or two to injury). Despite playing one more game, his stats are roughly the same as Marvin Jones. They are almost exactly the same age. The Philly offense has been MUCH better than Detroit's and Alshon is a FA next year. Anyone paying an early 1st (or more) for this guy is a sucker. Alshon is just a name brand WR, akin to Bose or Apple. There are much better deals out there for similar or better products.

Sterling Archer
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sterling Archer » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:41 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:24 am Alshon was WR23/WR18 in PPR/Standard Weeks 1-8. After last week's game he jumped to WR8/WR5 in PPR/Standard. So, he hasn't really been holding steady as a WR1 or anything.

He's on pace for 60/889/9, which isn't that great considering what he's done in the past, but still productive. He's always been worth more than a random 1st, but I wouldn't use this game to justify his value. He could finish the season as a WR1 with Wentz playing out of his mind right now, but I think he's only worth a 1.04-1.05+
Re: bolded
Especially because Ertz was out.