Alshon - going rate?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

What is Alshon worth in rookie picks (12 team, 0.5 PPR)

Multiple 1st (early picks)
No votes
Multiple 1st (random picks)
14%
1 Early 1st
29%
1 Mid 1st
31%
1 Late 1st
22%
1 2nd
4%
1 3rd
No votes
1 4th
No votes

Total votes: 49

trc
Captain
Captain

Re: Alshon - going rate?

Postby trc » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:23 am

Nanananananana wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:56 pm
trc wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:21 pm
Sterling Archer wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:23 am
So I'm not slamming him for a couple bad games. He's in one of the best offenses in the NFL and he's getting targets, yet he's not really lighting it up. We don't know what next year will hold for him and he's injury prone. I'm not spending an early 1st on that.

But are you basing this on box score or because you actually have seen the games?
So he's putting up the 23rd best points per game in PPR but if you watch the games he is actually 'lighting it up'?
Dunno why you think that is my conclusion- as in my OP I’m looking for ppl who have seen his games as to why isn’t he lightning it up. And furthermore someone who is willing to expand on what is shown on tape. But based on most of responses here, I’m not sure that many are actually basing their viewpoints on tape.

joeylitz
Role Player
Role Player

Postby joeylitz » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:01 pm

trc wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:23 am

But are you basing this on box score or because you actually have seen the games?
So he's putting up the 23rd best points per game in PPR but if you watch the games he is actually 'lighting it up'?
Dunno why you think that is my conclusion- as in my OP I’m looking for ppl who have seen his games as to why isn’t he lightning it up. And furthermore someone who is willing to expand on what is shown on tape. But based on most of responses here, I’m not sure that many are actually basing their viewpoints on tape.
From watching every game: The misses have been a combination of bad throws from Wentz and a few drops from Alshon. What concerns me most though, is he just isn’t a consistent part of the offense. Wentz has the highest 3rd down completion rate in the league and he’s thrown a bunch of TDS on 3rd down too - they just generally aren’t going to Alshon. When it’s 3rd or even 4th down, the ball usually goes elsewhere. With that said, the last two weeks have looked a bit more promising, however Ertz, Wentz’s #1 target, did not play in the Denver game.

Edit: Alshon has only been credited with two drops. I’m not sure what constitutes a drop, but he’s had more catchable balls where he failed to make the catch
2016 Frozen Tundra Dynasty League Champions
12 Team Dynasty, PPR, 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-1FLEX-1PK-1DST

QB: Brees. Wentz, Winston, Rudolph
RB: L. Bell, J. Conner, Michel. McKinnon, L. Miller, Montgomery, T. Riddick, Prosise, J. Conner,
WR: A. Robinson, Woods, M. Jones, Godwin, Boyd, Crabtree, Moncrief, Gabriel, C. Henderson, J. Washington, J. Moore
TE: D. Walker. Hooper, I. Thomas
K: Elliott
DST: DEN. KC

Draft:
1.08: Hockenson
2.08: JAWS
3.08:

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Postby Nanananananana » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:49 pm

trc wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:23 am

My bad that's how it sounded in my head.

I have owned Alshon in dynasty and redraft over the last couple years(drafted him in the second in my first ever dynasty league after his 1400yd season). Every year I'm seduced by his talent and seemingly new situation, but for the past 2 years he was very disappointing mainly due to injury. This year he's not bad but I moved on from him because I feel like he still has name value but is putting up replacable numbers. I feel like in those years when he was really balling out he seemed more dynamic. He used to get carries on endarounds for big gains and catch deepballs. I actually can't say that I've watched too much of him this year but the little I have seen he doesn't seem to have that same athleticism. Now that I don't own him I'll be trashing him to justify my moving on from him till he retires :lol:

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:03 pm

I think people are ignoring his early season schedule and an overall trend that is sweeping the league right now.

Very few top WR's have produced elite numbers consistently this year, and more top-end CB's & DEF's are shutting down top WR's.

Alshon's first 7 games this year (mind you, his first 7 games in this offense and with Wentz), he's faced:

Josh Norman
Marcus Peters
Janoris Jenkins (before that defense collapsed)
Casey Heyward (PFF's #6 CB)
Patrick Peterson
James Bradberry
Josh Norman

Frankly, I'm not surprised at all that he had a quiet start to the season, I'm not sure there's any WR in the entire league that would have put up WR 1 numbers.

He's now averaged 4/73/1.5 in his past 2 games and seems to be hitting his stride for the 2nd half of the season. We already know he's in a great offense and seems tied (at least at the moment) to a great QB.

I wouldn't want him as my WR 1 and I understand if people aren't comfortable with him as their #2 based on what they've seen this year, but it wouldn't shock me to see him have a really strong finish this year if he stays healthy.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:07 pm

I think he's worth a 1st and a 2nd.

Samhain34
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Samhain34 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:18 am

kmbryant09 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:03 pm I think people are ignoring his early season schedule and an overall trend that is sweeping the league right now.

Very few top WR's have produced elite numbers consistently this year, and more top-end CB's & DEF's are shutting down top WR's.

Alshon's first 7 games this year (mind you, his first 7 games in this offense and with Wentz), he's faced:

Josh Norman
Marcus Peters
Janoris Jenkins (before that defense collapsed)
Casey Heyward (PFF's #6 CB)
Patrick Peterson
James Bradberry
Josh Norman

Frankly, I'm not surprised at all that he had a quiet start to the season, I'm not sure there's any WR in the entire league that would have put up WR 1 numbers.

He's now averaged 4/73/1.5 in his past 2 games and seems to be hitting his stride for the 2nd half of the season. We already know he's in a great offense and seems tied (at least at the moment) to a great QB.

I wouldn't want him as my WR 1 and I understand if people aren't comfortable with him as their #2 based on what they've seen this year, but it wouldn't shock me to see him have a really strong finish this year if he stays healthy.
This. He's faced a murderers row of killer CBs to start the season. Wentz loves him and I think Philly (sadly for my Giants) keeps him around. The only thing that might lead to him leaving, might be a late-season push from Mack Hollins. I would probably sell him for a top-3 first and buy him for a mid to late first.