OBJ Extension

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

OBJ Extension

Postby nathanq42 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:39 pm

He hasn't gotten one and there is no new news about it.

This is purely speculative, but do you think OBJ will sign an extension with such an awful team around him? I think he would have to be the highest paid player in the NFL to stay in such a dumpster fire (honestly, there has to be a worse word to describe the Giants more accurately)

Personally I hope he leaves for greener pastures and takes a pay cut to get himself some rings (I wouldn't be surprised if he does this), but at the same time he would 100% get franchise tagged :(
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

jaykay22
Starter
Starter

Re: OBJ Extension

Postby jaykay22 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:25 am

Come to Chicago and let Money Mitch make you truly elite, Odell!

Kidding, but that would be nice seeing as how we have forgotten what a decent WR looks like here in Chicago.

It would be cool to see him in San Fran, helping take the Niners back to the upper echelon of the NFL together with Shanahan and Jimmy G. They have the cap!
#FreeCoreyDavis

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:32 am

I'd like to see him move on but no way the Giants let him go.

This is New York, they need to sell tickets. He'll get monster money but have to play on a team that's in a full rebuild. Plan accordingly.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:01 am

Nothing here .. he will sign or Be franchised
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:28 am

Tvols wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:01 am Nothing here .. he will sign or Be franchised
True...but OBJ is just good enough to make a "sign and trade" of sorts actually happen in the NFL. The Giants might be enticed to trade his rights for a nice pick package, and OBJ is such a talent that another team might be willing to trade significant picks for him, knowing he's still going to demand a big slice of their cap space.

PingPwng
Role Player
Role Player

Postby PingPwng » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:50 am

jaykay22 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:25 am Come to Chicago and let Money Mitch make you truly elite, Odell!

Kidding, but that would be nice seeing as how we have forgotten what a decent WR looks like here in Chicago.

It would be cool to see him in San Fran, helping take the Niners back to the upper echelon of the NFL together with Shanahan and Jimmy G. They have the cap!

I'm low-key actually hoping Allen Robinson heads to Chicago. The opportunity has me drooling and I want another Chicago player on my team.
Waiver Warriors|12 Teams|1PPR|1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLEX/1K/1DEF Roster 21 '14 R/U '17 Champ No '18 picks
QB:C. Newton/J. Goff
RB:T. Gurley/L. Bell NA/M. Mack/J. Mixon/S. Michel/K. Drake/R. Penny
WR:M. Evans/O. Beckham/T. Hill/ T. Boyd/A. Robinson/C. Godwin/D. Westbrook/A. Callaway
TE: I. Thomas/C. Brate/H. Henry (IR) K - M. Prater DEF - CHI

eNdblu
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby eNdblu » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:11 am

nathanq42 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:39 pm He hasn't gotten one and there is no new news about it.

This is purely speculative, but do you think OBJ will sign an extension with such an awful team around him? I think he would have to be the highest paid player in the NFL to stay in such a dumpster fire (honestly, there has to be a worse word to describe the Giants more accurately)

Personally I hope he leaves for greener pastures and takes a pay cut to get himself some rings (I wouldn't be surprised if he does this), but at the same time he would 100% get franchise tagged :(
There's new news about an extension because the Giants picked up his 5th year option.
Maybe hear more about a contract extension during the offseason or after '18 is over
16tm SC w/ tiered PPR (0.25/0.5/1.0) 1QB 1RB 1WR 1TE 3FLX
QB - Burrow(2), Tannehill(1)
RB - Taylor(2), Williams(3), Gibson(2), Dillon(2)
WR - Godwin(5), Metcalf(1), Pittman(2), Mingo(5), Boutte(5), Metchie(4), Renfrow(1), Mims(3)
TE - Kelce(1), Pitts(3), Kincaid(5), Njoku(3), Gesicki(5), Thomas[WSH](2)

16tm TE PPR Prem 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2OFLX 1DL 2LB 1DB 1DFLX
QB - Murray, Winston
RB - CEH, Penny, Sanders, Mattison, Wilson
WR - Hill, McLaurin, Jeudy, JuJu, Ridley, Edwards, Ruggs
TE - Goedert, Johnson[NOS]
DL - Young LB - Kirksey, Tranquill, Walker[GB], Walker[ATL] DB - Sneed

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:21 pm

I don’t think there’s much of a chance that he leaves NY, it seems to fit him, being in a big market, he’s super young still, why would they let him go? I think they will fire that clown Mcadoo, draft a QB with their top 5 pick and start getting some younger pieces around OBJ, jmo.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:35 am

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:21 pm I don’t think there’s much of a chance that he leaves NY, it seems to fit him, being in a big market, he’s super young still, why would they let him go? I think they will fire that clown Mcadoo, draft a QB with their top 5 pick and start getting some younger pieces around OBJ, jmo.
This is how I see the Giants going
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol