Matt Breida: To the Fins

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
krombj19
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Matt Breida value?

Postby krombj19 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:58 am

Goddard wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:57 am If the 9ers end up with the 1st pick, there's almost no way they take Barkley. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they traded down with a QB needy team and took him later in the 1st. If they don't, and assuming Hyde isn't re-signed, I think Williams and Breida share the load and they most likely draft someone else in the middle rounds that everyone falls in love with.
If they have 1st overall pick and Barkley is their guy I’d draft him.. he is better than Zeke and Gurley.. Shanahan knows that..
Barkley for President - 10 Teams, 23 Man Rosters, QRRWWWTFDK, Cap is $852 this year and Increases by 5% each year while each players contract goes up by 20% each year. Players can be signed 5 years at a time max unless a rookie, which is 3 if drafted. If won in auction can be 5 years. Can only extend a player once, EX signifies that player is Extended. Devy players count against cap as well.

QB - Jameis Winston EX 2YRS at $42 and Sam Darnold 2YRS at $14

RB - Saquon Barkley 2YRS at $35, Dalvin Cook 1YR at $17, Rex Burkhead 1YR at $4, Ty Montgomery 3YRS at $14, Damien Williams 1YR at $2, Royce Freeman 2YRS at $10

WR - Amari Cooper EX 5YRS at $50, Sammy Watkins EX 3YRS at $60, Golden Tate 1YR at $60, Devante Parker EX 1YR at $35, Kenny Golladay 4YRS at $2

TE - Travis Kelce EX 5YRS at $52, Austin Hooper 2YRS at $12

D/ST - Rams 1YR at $2, Chiefs 1YR at $3

K - Stephen Gostowski 1YR at $3

I own Pick 3.9 in a Devy depleted Rookie/Devy Draft.

Jakno7dnls
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Jakno7dnls » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:39 pm

Breida has earned some more touches and taken advantage of the opportunity. Has this changed anyones outlook on him for next season? Value?

Im looking for a under the radar RB to invest in this off season. This guy intrigues me. SF is a up and coming offense. Hyde’s usage has dropped dramatically with Jimmy G. Would a 2018 mid 2nd land him?
12 team 40 man roster. Start: 1QB, 3RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 2DL, 2LB,4DB.

QB: Ben Roethlisberger, Philip Rivers, Jared Goff, Joe Flacco, AJ McCarron

RB: Todd Gurley, Gio Bernard, Mark Ingram, Lamar Miller, Mike Davis,Fozzy Whitaker , Rob Kelley, Benny Cunningham

WR: Alshon Jeffrey, Mike Evans,DeAndrea Hopkins, Devon Funchess, Allen Hurns, Paul Richardson, Willies Snead, John Ross, Rashard Higgins, Tanner Gentry, Michael Clarke

TE: Vernon Davis, Tyler Croft, Dwayne Allen, George Kittle

K:Graham Gano, Matt Prater

DL: Cameron Jordan, Chris Campell, Michael Brockers

LB: Sean Lee, Blake Martinez, Joe Shobert

DB: Jordan Poyer, Micah Hyde, Eric Reed, Bradley McDougald, Jalen Mills

dark_knite03
Captain
Captain

Postby dark_knite03 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:45 am

Jakno7dnls wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:39 pm Breida has earned some more touches and taken advantage of the opportunity. Has this changed anyones outlook on him for next season? Value?

Im looking for a under the radar RB to invest in this off season. This guy intrigues me. SF is a up and coming offense. Hyde’s usage has dropped dramatically with Jimmy G. Would a 2018 mid 2nd land him?
I own him and would sell for that.
Est '17 12 Team 1PPR 4-Pass 6-Rush/Recieve TD
Start QB RB RB WR WR TE FX FX SF K DL LB DB
Champion 2021.
Geno, Tlaw, M Jones, D.Carr, White
JT, A Jones, Dobbins,Monty,D.Harris, Reyonds
Dillon,Kelley, Warren, Miller, Hill, Penny, Rivers
Diggs, AJB, Jefferson, Chase, Claypool, Juedy, Deebo,WanDale, Mingo, Boutte
Kittle, Andrews,Njoku
Moody

Superflex Est 19' - - Tiered PPR
QB RB RB WR WR WR/RB TE FX SF K D
Dak, Wilson, Watson
Henry, Chubb, ETN, Swift, Gus, Strong, Ford, Spiller, Chandler, Spears
Godwin, DJM , JJ,Kenaan, AJB, Lockett, Austin, Palmer, Boutte
Andrews, Goedert, Juwan, Woods

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:19 am

if i got offered a 2nd or 3rd for him i would take it, interested to see how he and kenyan drake pan out in 2018
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:17 am

Unicorn92 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:55 am I do not know why but i feel barkley will be a 49ers at this time next year
More likely Bell ends up with the Niners than Barkley
Last edited by thebeast on Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jason » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:59 pm

Long term I think he's their next Kendall Hunter. Important piece as an explosive change of pace but that's a role that is sort of capped. Carlos Hyde wants to come back. He made a ridiculous tweet saying this team is superbowl bound in 2019, it's a matter of John Lynch and the front office wanting him back, liking Joe Williams enough or finding another starting RB instead, I just think Breida is more a Jerick Mckinnon type (not that there's anything wrong with that, and they went to the same school).

Also when the 49ers finish 6-10 this weekend they'll have to trade up to get Barkley which is doubtful. They certainly have the cap room to get a Leveon Bell and I haven't even considered that as a possibility because the 49ers have been a place free agents wanted no part of short of an outrageous overpay since Jed screwed over Harbaugh and the roster went to bleep.

goose6690
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Matt Breida potential starter?

Postby goose6690 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:22 pm

Curious if anyone else thinks Hyde will walk and Breida will be the new starter? Reports are the niners and Hyde are far apart, which I assume means they don't want to spend money on a big time free agent RB.

Down the stretch they gave Breida a lot more carries:

Week 16: Jacksonville he had 74 yards, 6.7 average.
Week 17: Rams had over 100 all purpose yards with 6.0 yard per carry average.

They gave Brieda a tryout and he passed with flying colors. It was obvious they were giving him extra carries with an eye on 2018. In todays NFL all sorts of sizes and shapes of RB's can flourish. It has also been a trend in the NFL to get a RB for as cheap as possible, not spending in FA or with high draft picks. Breida is as cheap as they come, undrafted.

I think he is going to have a large part of the timeshare in this backfield.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Matt Breida potential starter?

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:34 pm

NO. COP back at best. He's too small. Bad hands, too.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

goose6690
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby goose6690 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:59 pm

Yeah I would assume your not a fan of MJD, another small back that did ok in the league. Breida could also add 5-10 lbs in the offseason. Also, bad hands... Once Jimmy G came to town he caugbt 80% of his passes. Better then Todd Gurley. I know they are small sample sizes... However I wouldn't be so quick to write off the future RB in San Fran, Matt Breida!

Still need proof, he had the highest Sparq score last year of all rookies.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:15 am

I think he could be a quality COP back, not a starter logging a lot of touches week in, week out.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:17 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:15 am
goose6690 wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:59 pm Yeah I would assume your not a fan of MJD, another small back that did ok in the league. Breida could also add 5-10 lbs in the offseason. Also, bad hands... Once Jimmy G came to town he caugbt 80% of his passes. Better then Todd Gurley. I know they are small sample sizes... However I wouldn't be so quick to write off the future RB in San Fran, Matt Breida!

Still need proof, he had the highest Sparq score last year of all rookies.
Loved MJD. But your comparison is apples and oranges. Anyone "could add 5-10 lbs", but the reality is, at the current time he is 190 lbs.

MJD 5ft 7 210 lbs. Very high BMI.

Breida 5ft 10 190 LBS

Sparq score does no=ability to be a starting RB.

Please give me a list of successful starting RB's that were 5ft 10 190 lbs.

Breida had 21 reception and 5 drops. He had some nice runs. He's definitely good back up/COP material, but not starting RB caliber.

DynastyDeepDive
Starter
Starter

Postby DynastyDeepDive » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:05 am

I'm hoping Williams ends up being the handcuff. I bet they draft a RB.
In too many leagues to list players. Check out my Dynasty Deep Dive!

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:12 am

He'll be one of thise Shanahan backs that starts for a bit, gets a minor injury and then is promptly replaced with a guy like Williams or someone else. Remember how he established his role. The Shanahans once rivaled Belichick for RB nonsense.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:56 am

Regarding size, etc. not sure what Breida’s durability is but Chris Thompson comes to mind.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:04 am

Writing off a player because he deviates from the mean by about 10 lb is lazy. His weight as measured over a year ago is a non issue. The drops / receptions etc, are also from too small of a sample size to extrapolate from. So, having a strong opinion on either side of this is a futile attempt. Breida will likely be more involved, but speculation on rb role at this time of the year / pre-draft and pre-FA, is a mistake.

Could he be a potential starter - yeah, he could. He showed enough running, catching, and blocking ability. Odds are though, he takes on a COP role. Not because of size, but, more likely, because that is the trend in the NFL
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.