Players you’ve held the longest.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Players you’ve held the longest.

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:09 pm

This doesn't answer the question, but I have a feeling I'll hold Gurley for his whole career.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:12 pm

Dez Bryant and Russell Wilson...almost a tie. Superflex leagues
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

mratlanta
Role Player
Role Player

Postby mratlanta » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:58 am

Currently I think Le'Veon is my longest hold. I drafted him in 2013 and obviously haven't let go. I also got Gio in that draft and still have him but that probably won't last much longer. As for holding players with "potential" just waiting for the breakout that never comes I think I had Reuben Randle for 4 years until he became a starter and did a face plant. That was painful.
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Mahomes, Cam, Tannehill
RB: LeVeon, Jordan Howard, Latavius, Bryce Love, Ty Johnson
WR: OBJ, Antonio Brown, Corey Davis, Robby Anderson, Anthony Miller, Arcega-Whiteside,
Diontae Johnson, Hakeem Butler, DJ Chark, Darius Slayton
TE: OJ Howard, Evan Engram, Gerald Everett
K: Zuerlein
DEF: KC

Ghosted
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ghosted » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:21 pm

Remember that one time that we all held Bryce Brown for like 8 years throughout his devy career because of that one Monday Night game? Oh... I was the only one?

I'll see myself out.

/closes door

mratlanta
Role Player
Role Player

Postby mratlanta » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:31 pm

Ghosted wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:21 pm Remember that one time that we all held Bryce Brown for like 8 years throughout his devy career because of that one Monday Night game? Oh... I was the only one?

I'll see myself out.

/closes door
I see you've still got Perriman...
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Mahomes, Cam, Tannehill
RB: LeVeon, Jordan Howard, Latavius, Bryce Love, Ty Johnson
WR: OBJ, Antonio Brown, Corey Davis, Robby Anderson, Anthony Miller, Arcega-Whiteside,
Diontae Johnson, Hakeem Butler, DJ Chark, Darius Slayton
TE: OJ Howard, Evan Engram, Gerald Everett
K: Zuerlein
DEF: KC

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:51 pm

dmac37 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:27 pm Our first year dynasty league was also AD's rookie year. I have held him the whole time along with Rodgers who I drafted for $1 back then. I won a few championships with them and would like to win one more with them on my roster this year.

Currently I will hold Sammy as I still think he is top 5 WR talent. Held onto Rice until last year still thinking he could have produced if he was not black balled by the NFL......
this is where fantasy football meets poetic beauty. well done dude!

Fezzik
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Fezzik » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:10 am

darkadun wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:42 pm Out of curiosity I’m curious how long people have held certain players. I always hear the argument that you draft player A and you have him for the next ten years. But does anyone really do that?

Reason I ask is I’ve been debating on trading Gronk but haven’t got what I think is fair value in return so as some point, do you just ride out a players career?

So who have you held on to the longest for you long term dynasty vets?
Ressurecting this thread to answer the OP...

Held Larry Fitzgerald since the opening draft; picked him 1.03 before the 09 season. Not quite a decade, but close. This year he was Wr6 on the season for me, within a point of Julio Jones. Next to Gurley, he was top scorer for me in the championship game with 9-119-1 (and a 20 yard pass to boot).

Lifelong Giants fan, but always loved Fitz. Was pumped to win this way, with the franchises first pick.
Mud Dogs 0.5PPR
QB (1) - C. Newton, D. Jones
RB (1) - T. Gurley, N. Chubb, C. Hyde, J. Howard, M. Ingram. J. McKinnon, D. Foreman
WR (3) - J. Jones, A. Brown, A. Cooper, L. Fitzgerald, D. Moncrief, T. Lockett, D. Johnson, Hardman
TE (1) - Kittle, Gesecki, Warring
Flex (1) - any r/w/t

The Brute Squad- PPR of 0.25 for RB, 0.5 for WR
QB (1) - Roethlisberger, Rivers
RB (1) - T. Gurley, L. Miller, D. Foreman, J. McKinnon
WR (3) - D. Hopkins, A. Jeffery, S. Shepard, J. Crowder, M. Williams, Humphries
TE (1) - Hockenson, Olsen, Pruitt, Warring
Flex (1) - any r/w/t

Macho Man Randy Savage (Full PPR)
QB (1) - Ryan, Darnold
RB (1) - Barkley, Hyde, Breida, Mack, McKinnon, Ajayi
WR (1) - OBJ, K. Allen, R. Cobb, Diggs, J. Brown, Sutton, Isabella, D. Samuel, Slayton
TE (1) - Kittle
Flex (2) - any r/w
Extra 2020 first

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:31 am

Have owned Stafford, Ingram, Dez, Hopkins, and Jimmy Graham for 5 years now in my oldest league, with obvious varying results. Not interested in selling low, and have been in contention every season regardless. I don’t imagine moving Nuk, as arguably my favourite player in the league since he came out of Clemson.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:13 pm

Gronk. Had in all 3 of my dynasty leagues since he was drafted by the Pats. Did move him in one league this year in the pre-season
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Blackout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Blackout » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:50 am

Switched Big Ben for Brady in 2012 and hold him until his last football breath.

Fitz, my 2nd round of initial draft from 2011 to 2013, and traded him to a Cards fanboy. 2014 gave me reason, 2015, 2016 and 2017 proved me wrong.

I traded for Nuk in 2015. I hope owning him for 4-5 more years at least :)

TheEastWest
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TheEastWest » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:04 pm

I’ve had Julio since I drafted him , also had Reed in what seems like forever as I drafted him then had to sit on him forever , now he’s a tease who I can’t cut-trade for much of anything..
Standard 10 man
QB Rogers - Big Ben- Jackson-
RB Gurley- Bell- Mixon - Conner- M Brown - Burkhead, Warren, Ballage
WR OBJ , Julio- AJG- Kupp- Sanders- John Brown- Allison- MVS- Hogan - T Williams- Humphries
TE- Ertz - Reed-

darkadun
Role Player
Role Player

Postby darkadun » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:59 pm

Fezzik wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:10 am
darkadun wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:42 pm Out of curiosity I’m curious how long people have held certain players. I always hear the argument that you draft player A and you have him for the next ten years. But does anyone really do that?

Reason I ask is I’ve been debating on trading Gronk but haven’t got what I think is fair value in return so as some point, do you just ride out a players career?

So who have you held on to the longest for you long term dynasty vets?
Ressurecting this thread to answer the OP...

Held Larry Fitzgerald since the opening draft; picked him 1.03 before the 09 season. Not quite a decade, but close. This year he was Wr6 on the season for me, within a point of Julio Jones. Next to Gurley, he was top scorer for me in the championship game with 9-119-1 (and a 20 yard pass to boot).

Lifelong Giants fan, but always loved Fitz. Was pumped to win this way, with the franchises first pick.
Great story! Love hearing this. Pretty awesome way to go out if he ends up retiring.
QB: Lamar Jackson, Matthew Stafford
RB: Dalvin Cook, D'Andre Swift, Chris Carson , Jerrick McKinnon, Alexander Mattisson
WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Michael Thomas, Adam Thielen, Will Fuller, Darius Slayton, Brandon Aiyuk, Keelan Cole,
TE: Evan Ingram, Drew Sample, Cole Kmet

Walter W.
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Walter W. » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:45 pm

Cool topic!

Only do one dynasty league, and we did our startup draft before the 2010 season. With my first pick I took Philip Rivers. Huge homer pick because I loved the Chargers and was a season ticket holder. He is the only player who has been on my roster from start to present. Now I hate the Chargers with every fiber of my being since the owner decided to take a huge sh it on my home town, but I still love Rivers. I wish they would trade/release him so he could finish his career elsewhere and I could actually root for him again.
The One Who Knocks
12 team league, 27 man rosters (more during the offseason), 7 man Practice Squad. Standard league with big play scoring for IDPs.

QB: L. Jackson, K. Mond, K. Murray, A. Richardson, D. Thompson-Robinson
RB: L. Bellamy, Z. Charbonnet, N. Chubb, N. Harris, K. Hunt, K. Ingram, C. Edwards-Helaire, J. Mixon, D. Vaughn, J. Warren, K. Williams
WR: C. Austin, O. Beckham, A. Cooper, C. Davis, J. Downs, M. Goodwin, N. Harry, J. Jefferson, J. Jeudy, T. Johnson, M. Jones, A. Lazard, M. Mims, S. Moore, R. Rice, J. Smith-Schuster, J. Washington, A. Wesley, N. Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: N. Fant, H. Henry, K. Pitts, D. Washington
K: Z. Gonzalez, R. Gould, B. McManus
DL: J. Hughes, T. Wilson
LB: D. Harris, J. Houston, S. Leonard
DB: E. Forbes, A. Robertson

2024 picks: 1, 1, 3, 5, 5, 6, 7
2025 picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:24 pm

The startup draft was in 2014. Andrew Luck, Keenan Allen, Eric Ebron, Isaiah Crowell, and Sammy Watkins.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:39 pm

Walter W. wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:45 pm Cool topic!

Only do one dynasty league, and we did our startup draft before the 2010 season. With my first pick I took Philip Rivers. Huge homer pick because I loved the Chargers and was a season ticket holder. He is the only player who has been on my roster from start to present. Now I hate the Chargers with every fiber of my being since the owner decided to take a huge sh it on my home town, but I still love Rivers. I wish they would trade/release him so he could finish his career elsewhere and I could actually root for him again.
Maybe he gets traded to the Giants? To be Manning's backup?

I kid, I kid!!