Players you’ve held the longest.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
bigchiefbc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Players you’ve held the longest.

Postby bigchiefbc » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:21 am

This is totally random, but I just want back through my transaction reports and the guy I've had the longest in my main league is Martellus Bennett, who I traded for in September of 2013. My other two leagues are newer than that.

escalator_dropdown
Rookie
Rookie

Postby escalator_dropdown » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:04 am

I'm down to only one league, but I've been in that league since 1999 (and the league dates even further back, to like the late-80s).

The player on my current roster that I've held the longest would be Rodgers (drafted him as a rookie in 2005), and second-longest would be LeSean McCoy (traded for him in 2009).

Because our practice squad rules are pretty lax (10 players max, must draft someone in rookie draft to add them, but can stay on practice squad indefinitely), I've also held a few players on there through their entire careers -- Sage Rosenfels (2001-2012), Jacoby Jones (2007-2015), and Jermaine Gresham (2010-current). I certainly could have cut them much earlier, but I never needed to start them nor did I need to free up practice squad spot, so I just left them there.
12 teams, QB-premium scoring, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K. * = taxi squad.
QBs: Aaron Rodgers, Cam Newton, Baker Mayfield, Tua Tagovailoa*, AJ McCarron*, Chad Kelly*, DeShone Kizer*
RBs: Alvin Kamara, Zeke Elliott, James Robinson, Phillip Lindsay, Matt Breida, Jonathan Taylor*, JK Dobbins*, Derrius Guice*, D'Onta Foreman*
WRs: Mike Evans, Amari Cooper, Diontae Johnson, Brandin Cooks, Jamison Crowder, Deebo Samuel*, Parris Campbell*, Miles Boykin*, Denzel Mims*
TEs: Travis Kelce, Mark Andrews
K: who cares

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:53 am

:crazy:
Last edited by cazzie33 on Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:55 am

Nobody left from my first team, but then our league started in 1986.

Ten team standard with categories we made up on our own. Had to get stats out of a brand new newspaper, the USA TODAY. Then a fledgling enterprise. And the Sporting News weekly mag in newspaper form.

Drafted Warren Moon in 3rd rd, Herschel Walker in 1st coming out party after playing for our now President Trump in the USFL on the the New Jersey Generals. In between a gamble was taken on a mid-level rookie prospect out of Mississippi Valley St. coming off a rookie of the year season.... Jerry Rice. Kept them all for their entire careers. Still tend to do that , kiddingly say that we are a company that values loyalty.

Still going strong into our 32nd season and still remaining loyal to "our guys". Kept Barry his whole career along with the unsuccessful ones like Lawrence Phillips. Been holding Josh Gordon throughout his "resting period"

Have Deymarius, Devonta,John "The Daily Show" Stewart, Slingin' Sammy Bradford, & David Johnson as our lifers along with Carson Wentz.(Drafted him & Dak but traded Prescott,ugh)

Out of this last draft going to roll with Engram, Tarik, the two Mack attack (Marlon & Hollins) till they drop.Hard to drop / trade guy's that you plucked as long shots without seeing them through. Then*when* they hit it's hard to trade them.

darkadun
Role Player
Role Player

Postby darkadun » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:31 pm

cazzie33 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:55 am Nobody left from my first team, but then our league started in 1986.

Ten team standard with categories we made up on our own. Had to get stats out of a brand new newspaper, the USA TODAY. Then a fledgling enterprise. And the Sporting News weekly mag in newspaper form.

Drafted Warren Moon in 3rd rd, Herschel Walker in 1st coming out party after playing for our now President Trump in the USFL on the the New Jersey Generals. In between a gamble was taken on a mid-level rookie prospect out of Mississippi Valley St. coming off a rookie of the year season.... Jerry Rice. Kept them all for their entire careers. Still tend to do that , kiddingly say that we are a company that values loyalty.

Still going strong into our 32nd season and still remaining loyal to "our guys". Kept Barry his whole career along with the unsuccessful ones like Lawrence Phillips. Been holding Josh Gordon throughout his "resting period"

Have Deymarius, Devonta,John "The Daily Show" Stewart, Slingin' Sammy Bradford, & David Johnson as our lifers along with Carson Wentz.(Drafted him & Dak but traded Prescott,ugh)

Out of this last draft going to roll with Engram, Tarik, the two Mack attack (Marlon & Hollins) till they drop.Hard to drop / trade guy's that you plucked as long shots without seeing them through. Then*when* they hit it's hard to trade them.
Wow, that’s awesome. Love hearing the history of a league like this.
QB: Lamar Jackson, Matthew Stafford
RB: Dalvin Cook, D'Andre Swift, Chris Carson , Jerrick McKinnon, Alexander Mattisson
WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Michael Thomas, Adam Thielen, Will Fuller, Darius Slayton, Brandon Aiyuk, Keelan Cole,
TE: Evan Ingram, Drew Sample, Cole Kmet

DrNoish
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DrNoish » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:49 pm

Longest is Ertz as his rookie year was my first in dynasty. Only player left from the original team. Finally working, but everybody has been expendable. Ertz would have too if people had been willing to trade more for him. Now with their team and his stud QB he'll die on my team.
12 Team PPR 1QB - 1RB - 1WR - 2RB/WR - 1TE

KUPP the Balls
QB- Herbert, Hurts, Newton
RB- Montgomery, RoJo, Lindsay, Michel, Gurley, Vaughn, Foreman
WR- Lamb, Hopkins, Beckham, Metcalf, Cooks
TE- Kelce, Ertz
Picks 1.11, 2.04, 2022 1st

CurtisMyFavMartin
Starter
Starter

Postby CurtisMyFavMartin » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:32 am

Picked rookie Amari Cooper in our startup and want to keep him until he retires- that was my first dynasty league.
Controlled Chaos 12 Team PPR SFLEX~EST. 2015
1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX 1SFLEX

2018+2019 CHAMPION
QB Murray/Stafford
RB Bijan, Gibbs, Zeke
WR DJ Moore, Pittman, JSN, Flowers, Addison, Downs, Lazard
TE Hockenson, Schultz, Knox, Irv Smith

4 2024 1sts
3 2024 2nds
2 2025 1sts

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:33 pm

I took over an orphan with Peyton Manning entering his sophomore season. I held him through the shoulder issues until he signed with Denver, then decided it was time to cut-bait. Along the way I drafted Reggie Wayne when he came out of the University of Miami, and that was a fun duo to roll out on Sundays for many years.

I suppose the player on my current roster (it's the same orphan I took over all those years ago) with the longest tenure is Dez. I drafted him along with Sam Bradford, and Ryan Matthews in the first round of our rookie draft back in 2010 and he'll probably retire on my roster. Especially reading the threads about his perceived value of late.

He's outlasted Matthews in the league, and he may even have a longer career than Bradford if his knee is really that messed-up after all the surgeries.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Mad Macedonian
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Mad Macedonian » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:56 pm

Reading through these is good stuff.

We started in 2009 and I drafted McCoy that year. I later traded for Fitz and ARodgers during the season. Those are the only 3 players I own from my original team and I doubt I will ever trade them.
12X25 Dynasty, 1.0 PPR, 6 pt all TDs Start 1QB/2RB/3WR/1FLEX/1TE/1K/1D

Rodgers, Tannehill
Kamara, Edwards, Foreman, Henderson, Mack, Michel, Scott, Taylor
Aiyuk, Metcalf, Hopkins, Diggs, Godwin, DJ Moore, Sutton, Mooney, Atwell, OBJ, Duvernay, Reagor
Goedert, Irv Smith
Stream K
Stream D

2022 1.01, 1.02, 3.07
2023 1, 1, 2, 3

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:06 pm

Year 8 of my longest league. I had Shady McCoy for 5 seasons. I held Welker/Reggie Wayne for 4 as well. C.J. Spiller for 4 years. They were all startup picks.

League has switched to contracts so most likely the longest you could hold someone now is 8 years.

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:16 pm

darkadun wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:31 pm
cazzie33 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:55 am Nobody left from my first team, but then our league started in 1986.

Wow, that’s awesome. Love hearing the history of a league like this.
times 2 :clap:

abajaba
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby abajaba » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:06 am

We are in our 7th season. Drafted the below players as rookies and I plan to keep them for their careers because I believe their talent far outweighs the value I can get for them.

Jimmy Graham
Hopkins
Gurley
Cooks
8 Team PPR Year 8: 2/3/4/1/DEF
2016 & 2018 Champion :dance:
QB-Rivers,Cousins,Eli,Tannehill
RB-Gurley,Fournette,Connor,Bell,McKinnon,Dion Lewis,Ballage,Yeldon,Doug Martin
WR-Evans,Nuk,Cooks,Diggs,ARob,Woods,John Brown,Doctson,Boyd,Ross,
TE-Kittle,Graham,Doyle

Rookie Picks: '19 - 3.8/4.8; '20 - 2nd/4th

DinoDynasty
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DinoDynasty » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:04 am

My oldest running league I started in sophomore year of high school, 2006, it started as a keeper league, where you could keep 3 players a year. In 2011 we turned it into a full dynasty league.

I drafted Fitz in the 2nd round of our startup, and still have him in that league today. He's rewarded me with 3 championships in 11 years.
2017 Champ, 2018 Runner-up, 2019 Champ, 2020 Champ, 2021 Runner-up
12 Team PPR
Stairway to Evans
QB: Hurts, Kirk, Bridgewater, Jimmy G
RB: CMC, Pollard, Foreman,
Sanders, Hill
WR: Kupp, Evans, Ridley, Dell, Josh Palmer, Hodgins, Osborn, Parker, MVS
TE: Kelce, Musgrave, Otton, Gray, Woods
DEF: Chicago Ravens
2024 2nd, 3rd, 4th

12 Team .5 PPR
Fields of Dreams
QB - Fields, Cousins, Wilson
RB - Taylor, Swift, Mixon, Pollard, Singelary, McLaughlin
WR - Olave, Tyreek, Tank Dell, Higgins, Gabriel Davis, E Moore, Mingo, Douglas
TE - Ferguson, Gray, Otton
DEF - 49ers, Pats
Picks 2024 2x1st, 3, 4

smoger45
Role Player
Role Player

Postby smoger45 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:15 pm

I had Joe Flacco since he was drafted. Just traded him 2 weeks ago. so for 9 years he was on my squad.
16 team 30 man PPR High scoring format.
QB/WR/WR/RB/RB/WR|TE flex
D/D/DB/DB/DL/LB/LB/LB/CB
Completions .5
Passing Yards 15 yards per point
Passing Touchdowns 10
Interceptions -4
Rushing Attempts .5
Rushing Yards 5
yards per point Rushing Touchdowns 10 Receptions 1
Receiving Yards 4 yards per point
Receiving Touchdowns 10
Return Touchdowns 20
2-Point Conversions 3
Fumbles Lost -4
Offensive Fumble Return TD 20
Kickers
Field Goals
0-19 Yards 5 20-29 Yards 6 30-39 Yards 8 40-49 Yards 12 50+ Yards 15
Point After Attempt Made 2

QB. D. Jones, Herbert,
RB. D. Pearce, M. Gordon, N. Harris D. Singletary, Jamal Williams, Ty Johnson
WR. A. Cooper, Djax, Marquise Brown, OBJ, E. Moore, Duvernay, V. Jones
TE Z. Ertz, D. Waller
K W. Lutz
LB J. Baker, Mykal, Pratt, J.Phillips
DE C. Jordan, B. Burns
CB T. Diggs, K. Gordon, P. Adebo
S T. Edmunds, A. Winfield Jr. Marcus Williams

Ghosted
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ghosted » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:47 pm

I took Reggie Bush 1.01 in his rookie draft and held him his entire career. I've also had Gronk since his rookie year on a team. I will probably own Mahomes for his entire career in some leagues too, as us Tech alumns don't get much to cheer for, unfortunately.