Terelle Pryor Sr

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
DTMW78
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Terelle Pryor Sr

Postby DTMW78 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:21 am

What do you guys think of his prospects long term?
Played well on a poor Cleveland team last year and I was expecting more from him now he has a better QB but it hasn't happened.
Is he a one season wonder or can he get back to the level he was on in Cleveland.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Terelle Pryor Sr

Postby Plank » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:59 am

I don't think he's good enough at route running WR to get possession type production (Garcon, Nuk, et al) .. so he has no floor value ..

He's a great athlete and a deep threat, but for that to work, play action has to be a threat .. he's not able to beat bracket coverage (Evans, Benjamin, et al) ..

He should be good on WR screens, but I don't see many being thrown to him ..

I know there is a disconnect between coaching and the office in CLE, but I still felt him leaving CLE, kind of let us know that he might not be as good as we want him to be in the Dynasty community ...

By the time he figures it out, he might already be 30 ..
@PlankMelody

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:19 pm

He also forgot how to catch the ball. Maybe Cleveland should have kept him and let him play QB.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:08 pm

Here is a recent article on the WSH Receiving Woes, might give some more insight ...

https://www.hogshaven.com/2017/11/3/166 ... s-to-blame
@PlankMelody

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:19 pm

Up to this point, I think Pryor's lack of production has been a result of multiple factors. First, Pryor has had some really bad drops and perhaps that has resulted in a lack of trust between him and Cousins possibly. Gruden has been sending Pryor on some go routes in place of what DeSean would have been doing. Pryor has had separation and gotten behind defenses but Cousins has missed him badly. The entire WAS offense is not what it was last year. There is not a single WAS wr enjoying success yet this year. I honestly think they miss McVay a lot.

Long term, I believe strongly the outlook is positive for Pryor. He is 6' 4" and has a very long frame and a huge catch radius. He is similar to AJ Green but larger. On routes that utilize his size and strength, he is extremely difficult to defend once he and the QB are on the same page. So far WAS has not used him often in this way, which is very strange. Ultimately I see him having a very good chance at being a low level WR1 or high WR2. It is only a matter of time.

theone
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby theone » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:48 pm

The prospects are not good. Subpar route running and bad hands just learning how to play the position. His athleticism is also overrated. He is big and fast but his burst and agility scores are bottom tier. Basically he is a 28 year old developmental receiver. Not what you are looking for generally. https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/terrelle-pryor/

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:59 pm

theone wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:48 pm The prospects are not good. Subpar route running and bad hands just learning how to play the position. His athleticism is also overrated. He is big and fast but his burst and agility scores are bottom tier. Basically he is a 28 year old developmental receiver. Not what you are looking for generally. https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/terrelle-pryor/
It is kind of silly to say his athleticism is overrated and then provide a link which states his best comparable is Demaryius Thomas. His route running is fine for the type of player he is. He is not a AB, OBJ type of WR. He is much more along the lines of AJ Green or Calvin Johnson that use size and length as much as anything to be productive. On skinny posts, slants, etc... Pryor is virtually unstoppable.

jdomer2403
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jdomer2403 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:49 pm

A lot has to do w a new system and losing Sean Mcvay. New system is taking time to understand or not working.

DynastyDeepDive
Starter
Starter

Postby DynastyDeepDive » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:01 pm

For all of us that have him we wait one more year and see where he lands. If he struggles on new team next year, it's time to cut bait.

I'm holding for now however
In too many leagues to list players. Check out my Dynasty Deep Dive!

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:59 pm

dm1129 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:59 pm
theone wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:48 pm The prospects are not good. Subpar route running and bad hands just learning how to play the position. His athleticism is also overrated. He is big and fast but his burst and agility scores are bottom tier. Basically he is a 28 year old developmental receiver. Not what you are looking for generally. https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/terrelle-pryor/
It is kind of silly to say his athleticism is overrated and then provide a link which states his best comparable is Demaryius Thomas.
In fairness DT doesn't have burst or agility scores so it's a complete guess on the comparison.

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:40 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:59 pm
dm1129 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:59 pm
It is kind of silly to say his athleticism is overrated and then provide a link which states his best comparable is Demaryius Thomas.
In fairness DT doesn't have burst or agility scores so it's a complete guess on the comparison.
Yes, yes, yes. In that case this link has even more importance to the conversation.

DTMW78
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby DTMW78 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:54 pm

I was offered him for Trent Taylor in a .75 ppr.
Big 9ers fan so I'm not sure.
My first thought was to accept.
What do you think?

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:55 pm

DTMW78 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:54 pm I was offered him for Trent Taylor in a .75 ppr.
What do you think?
I like Taylor but I'll still take Pryor's WR1 upside here
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Sterling Archer
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sterling Archer » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:36 pm

DTMW78 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:54 pm I was offered him for Trent Taylor in a .75 ppr.
What do you think?
Snap accept. Pryor has his issues, but at no point would I want to see Trent Taylor in my starting lineup. I mean, if I look at a guy and think "if everything breaks just right, I could have the next Cole Beasely on my hands!" then yeah, I trade him for a 28 year old QB convert with questionable hands because WR2 upside is better than WR4 upside.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:06 pm

Do you guys remember when all these other NFL players were calling our Pryor as a hack WR who kept getting lucky? I never see that happen, but when they did it to Pryor, I figured that maybe there was some truth to it. After all, it's not like he was instigating anything.

I think Pryor might actually be one of the biggest fake WRs of all time.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134