The RB to own in MIA?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
sk25411
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

The RB to own in MIA?

Postby sk25411 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:57 pm

Honestly, I’m on paternity leave, and too lazy to search/research into this.

All I know, is Williams and Drake are both on the wire in my league.

I have a low claim, so may get one with Ajayi gone.

Anyway, who’s the back to own ROS in Miami?

Thanks!
12 Team Dynasty, Year #5 (.5PPR)
Lights, Kamara, Action
QB(1), RB(2), WR(3), TE(1), FLEX(2), K, D/ST

QB: Wilson, Brissett, Luck
RB: Kamara, Cook, L.Murray, Justice Hill, Yeldon
WR: Julio, Godwin, ARob, Cooks, Cooper, J.Gordon, Zay, A.Wilson, T.Quinn, Campbell, JJAW, Hardman
TE: Henry, Brate, Moreau, Knox, Oliver
K: Zuerlin
D/ST: Pats, LA Rams, NYG

2020: 1, 2, 3
2021: 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Re: The RB to own in MIA?

Postby Dookmarriot » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:58 pm

Whomever they draft in the first round next year.

(Don't mean to be a smart arse, but I can't see either guy moving the needle. If they're both free, probably Williams, but I hope neither starts for you)
Last edited by Dookmarriot on Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:59 pm

I would not bet on either doing enough to be starter worthy ROS. This feels like Arizona after losing David Johnson, with Damien playing the role as Kerwynn and Kenyan playing the role of Ellington. If I was desperate, Kenyan Drake offers PPR appeal with checkdowns.

joeylitz
Role Player
Role Player

Postby joeylitz » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:00 pm

I heard today that D. Williams will do early down work; Drake on 3rd down
2016 Frozen Tundra Dynasty League Champions
12 Team Dynasty, PPR, 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-1FLEX-1PK-1DST

QB: Brees. Wentz, Winston, Rudolph
RB: L. Bell, J. Conner, Michel. McKinnon, L. Miller, Montgomery, T. Riddick, Prosise, J. Conner,
WR: A. Robinson, Woods, M. Jones, Godwin, Boyd, Crabtree, Moncrief, Gabriel, C. Henderson, J. Washington, J. Moore
TE: D. Walker. Hooper, I. Thomas
K: Elliott
DST: DEN. KC

Draft:
1.08: Hockenson
2.08: JAWS
3.08:

sk25411
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby sk25411 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:04 pm

Nah, i see the points, and I agree on the Arizona comparison.

It’s for team in sig (my one and only), so I don’t think they would crack the lineup, unless I lose another one for the season.
12 Team Dynasty, Year #5 (.5PPR)
Lights, Kamara, Action
QB(1), RB(2), WR(3), TE(1), FLEX(2), K, D/ST

QB: Wilson, Brissett, Luck
RB: Kamara, Cook, L.Murray, Justice Hill, Yeldon
WR: Julio, Godwin, ARob, Cooks, Cooper, J.Gordon, Zay, A.Wilson, T.Quinn, Campbell, JJAW, Hardman
TE: Henry, Brate, Moreau, Knox, Oliver
K: Zuerlin
D/ST: Pats, LA Rams, NYG

2020: 1, 2, 3
2021: 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:10 pm

Dookmariot wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:58 pm Whomever the draft in the first round next year.

(Don't mean to be a smart arse, but I can't see either guy moving the needle. If they're both free, probably Williams, but I hope neither starts for you)
X2

This year it'll be a homeless man's version of the Vikings backfield. Drake will be a cheap flex in PPR, and Williams will be a cheap flex in standard
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:15 pm

The combination between subpar backups and a horrible offensive line, they are better off without a running back and throwing on every down. They will probably have at least one game with anet rushing total in negative yardage.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:22 pm

I think that sometimes people dismiss that fact that a lot of these leagues are deeper than most and a guy like Williams or Drake might crack a starting lineup by simple attrition alone. Some may be desperate just for a body to fill a void and are looking for a little upside. I don't think anyone is looking to one of these guys to be a world beater, but worth a free pickup for injury/bye/flex consideration and possibly even trade value in the realm of a few spots. I like Williams a bit more than Drake.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:28 pm

I'd grab Drake and try to trade him for anything of value.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:41 pm

GridironGuerilla wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:22 pm I think that sometimes people dismiss that fact that a lot of these leagues are deeper than most and a guy like Williams or Drake might crack a starting lineup by simple attrition alone. Some may be desperate just for a body to fill a void and are looking for a little upside. I don't think anyone is looking to one of these guys to be a world beater, but worth a free pickup for injury/bye/flex consideration and possibly even trade value in the realm of a few spots. I like Williams a bit more than Drake.
Oh, I get that...and both guys are rostered in all my leagues. I just think as skip says, you could be just as likely to end up with a negative score using them. Target the Miami O when streaming defenses!
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:33 pm

Damien Williams will probably be the most useful, he's been used in the passing game as well ... I'd add him if you are hoping for production immediately, as pre-emptive I don't really need it right now, I'd grab Drake, just in case he sparks ..
@PlankMelody

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:57 pm

Drake for me. He is Gase's draft pick and is the guy Gase threw in at the end of the blowout last week when he was ticked at Ajayi. Plus, since he is young with decent draft capital, his appeal to other owners probably would go up faster with a good game or 2.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:10 am

I'll copypasta what I said in another recently posted thread:

Kenyan Drake has never logged triple-digit carries in a single season going back to high-school, struggles in pass-protection, and nearly all of his good plays are from wheel-routes and designed runs to the edge. There is basically nothing about his profile that suggests he can be a lead-back in the NFL. He is, however, an above-average returner on special-teams... unfortunately for our purposes, this probably hurts more than it helps, as NFL teams are usually disinclined to give RBs that are valued kick/punt returners a heavy load with the first-team offense.

Damien Williams is 220lbs, actually a bit better than Drake as a pass-catcher, and much better as a pass-protector. Neither he nor Drake are any good between the tackles, but Williams is the much bigger back, and at least had some 20-carry games in college. Assuming Miami can ever even get to the goal-line, Williams will probably be the preferred RB in those situations. Miami doesn't have any legitimate short-yardage RBs on their roster, but Williams at his weight-class comes the closest.

Senorise Perry is a 190lbs scatback, and is just as much a non-factor between the tackles as Drake.

If you're gonna make a waiver-bid on one of these guys, I personally recommend Williams. Just know it's probable Miami's rushing-offense continues to be a complete dumpster-fire regardless of which one of these scrubs ends up the 'best' option in Miami.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Reno McCoy
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Reno McCoy » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:15 am

I don't see anyone in Miami doing much for fantasy teams. Williams might be worthy of rostering if you have injuries or have some upcoming bye-week troubles. At this point, I'm more interested in seeing who they pick up in the draft.
16-team salary/contract league (start QB, RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2Flex, K, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 DEF FLEX)

QB: Foles, Bortles, Brissett, Mullens
RB: Bell, Ingram, Guice, Singletary
WR: Landry, Boyd, Shepard, Allison, Pettis, Kirk, Gallup, M. Brown
TE: Ertz, Everett
DL: Dunlap, Hunter, J. Allen, McKinley
LB: Ogletree, Wagner, Telvin Smith, Devin Bush, Eric Kendricks, Tavai
DB: Reshad Jones, H. Smith, Collins
K: Badgely, Elliott

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:29 pm

With Gordon and McKinnon on a bye, I used my 1st waiver priority on Damien Wiliams. So Drake is probably the RB to own.