Let's talk... JuJu Smith-Schuster

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Let’s talk... Juju

Postby Plank » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:14 pm

nah, he aint nuk .. show me one route where JuJu puts a DE swim move on a DB and I might believe you, ..
@PlankMelody

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:23 pm

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:42 pm I think the one that I’ve heard, that makes sense to me, is Hines Ward.
This! I haven't seen much of Nuk in Juju so far. I have seen him make some ferocious blocks and seem to enjoy it. He's a tough WR, but so far I haven't seen a whole lot of flash. He's in a tough spot though. He's not getting a lot of looks and Ben has been off for most of the season. I don't think this year is going to tell us much about Juju

abecksta
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby abecksta » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:28 pm

Turning himself into a star off the field. Makes me like his long term prospects.

captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby captain howdy » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:51 am

I like Juju a ton. We drafted in April, and as such, I passed on Hunt to nab Juju. Juju at 2.3, Hunt at 2.5 (samuel went 2.4) To me, he was the 3rd best rookie wr this year, at worst. Hunt wasnt exactly a darling in April, but I thought long and hard about him, bc of what the Chiefs did to draft him and bc I am a Ware owner.

So basically, I am really glad I was right about Juju, so that I look less stupid for passing on Hunt (though in fairness, at pick 2.5, everyone basically passed on Hunt at least once).

:D

captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby captain howdy » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:54 am

Plank wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:14 pm nah, he aint nuk .. show me one route where JuJu puts a DE swim move on a DB and I might believe you, ..
The reason he comps to Nuk is bc they both have tremendous dominators, which is indicative of future success. Athletically, they are similar. Neither is a premier athlete, but each is athletic enough to match up against #1 CBs. Greats hands as well.

seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby seahawks506 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:42 am

Drafted him expecting to take a couple years to maybe make an impact in that WR corps. He hasn't lit the league up yet by any means, but you have to be pretty pleased with how he's shown so far. Kid coming in as a 20 yo rookie from USC with a bit of a down year deserves a lot of credit for climbing the depth chart and earning a lot of snaps, he's handled himself well and I think that's very telling. If we can see more targets over the rest of the season I think his value will really shoot up this offseason.
orphan rebuild- 3 superflex, nerfed QB scoring 0.5/1/1.5 wr/rb/te PPR
QB: Hurts, Dobbs, Lance, Huntley, Bagent
RB: Swift, Kamara, Sanders, K. Mitchell, Foreman, CEH, Dowdle, Demercado
WR: Lamb, AJB, DK, Hollywood, Jakobi, Lazard, Boyd, Shaheed, Douglas
TE: Chig, Juwan, Conklin, Taysom, Smythe
Picks: 3 2024 2nds

rebuild 2: 1QB PPR
QB: Richardson, Pickett, Mayfield
RB: Achane, E Mitchell, Demercado
WR: Chase, Addison, QJ, J Palmer, Wan'Dale, Claypool, Douglas, Metchie
TE: Kittle, Mayer, Otton, Ferguson
Picks: 3 2024 1sts, 2 2024 2nds

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Postby kamihamster » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:49 am

Really ecstatic to have gotten him at the 3.04 (NPPR). I also have Bryant, so he was more insurance as I thought he was JAG. Seeing a bit more of him, realizing that he's the youngest player in the league, I'm beginning to think there's something there. I dont think he'll ever be elite, but I can see him being a high end WR2 for many years. I'll take that any day from a 3rd round pick.
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:12 am

captain howdy wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:54 am
Plank wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:14 pm nah, he aint nuk .. show me one route where JuJu puts a DE swim move on a DB and I might believe you, ..
The reason he comps to Nuk is bc they both have tremendous dominators, which is indicative of future success. Athletically, they are similar. Neither is a premier athlete, but each is athletic enough to match up against #1 CBs. Greats hands as well.
Then its a horrible comp, when I comp people, its their play I intend to paint the picture for .. Nuk is the most aggressive WR I have seen play the game .. so if JuJu isn't the 2nd most aggressive physical WR to play the game, I don't want to hear it ..
@PlankMelody

Tennisbuck
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Tennisbuck » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:46 am

What do you think JuJu trade value is ?
QB: Jimmy G,Mahomes, Andy Dalton, Brisset, and Stidham
RB: Zeke, Saquan, Dalvin Cook, Guice, J.Hill, and Damien Harris
WR: Diggs, DJ Moore, JuJu, Sutton, Fuller, Paris
TE:Hunter Henry, Irv Smith, Herndon

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:05 am

He is super explosive. I think he's worth an early to mid round 1. The situation he's currently in is near perfect.

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:16 am

Space Cowboy wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:05 am He is super explosive. I think he's worth an early to mid round 1. The situation he's currently in is near perfect.
How is his situation perfect? There is going to be QB problems in Pittsburgh in the years to come, possibly as early as next year. He has absolutely no chance at being the #1 guy in Pittsburgh. If they resign Bell and Ben retires (both likely scenarios), they could easily become a run first team to protect whoever they have at QB.

Thedudewhogetshigh
Starter
Starter

Postby Thedudewhogetshigh » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:47 am

I'd say his value is a mid first.
Team 1.
16 team 24 man roster.
1 Qb 2 Rb 2 Wr 1 flex 1 d 1 k
Qb: Goff, Lynch, Garrapolo
Rb: Cook, Henry, Dixon, Tolbert
WR: OBJ, AROB, C Coleman, J Schuster, R Anderson K White, B Perriman, M Mitchell, L Treadwell, R Higgins G Allison
TE: J Gresham Butt Gathers
D: San Diego Defence
K: D Hopkins,
Team 2. 16 teams
1 qb 2 rb 2 wr 2 flex 1 superflex 2te
Qb: C Wentz K Cousins J Garrapalo
RB: D Cook J Mixon Du Johnson T Rawls O Darkwa C carson
Wr: A Brown AJ Green J Jones A Robinson D Funchess C Coleman Q Enuwa B Ellington J Reynolds
TE: H Henry C Fleener A Derby

Team 3. 16 team
1 qb 2 rb 2 wr 1 flex 1 d 1k
Qb: C Wentz
Rb: D Cook Mixon K Dixon, M Mack M Tolbert
Wr: M Evans, O Beckham M Thomas Q Enuwa Z Jones C Godwin
TE: A Hooper
D: Jaguars
K: M Prater

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:57 am

steelman wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:16 am
Space Cowboy wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:05 am He is super explosive. I think he's worth an early to mid round 1. The situation he's currently in is near perfect.
How is his situation perfect? There is going to be QB problems in Pittsburgh in the years to come, possibly as early as next year. He has absolutely no chance at being the #1 guy in Pittsburgh. If they resign Bell and Ben retires (both likely scenarios), they could easily become a run first team to protect whoever they have at QB.
You have no idea if Ben will retire. At the moment, it's all speculation. Besides, who is to say they don't draft the next Big Ben who can start contributing as a rookie. It's not like Landry Jones or Josh Dobbs is shoe in for next in line.

Playing across from Brown is perfect for a young WR. You know how many times Bryant has seen double teams? None. Eli Rogers? None. Wheaton? None. JuJu? None.

Even if they become run first, pretty much every non Chicago Bears team throws the ball at least 25 times a game. JuJu will no doubt be heavily involved with his playmaking ability.

cweds
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby cweds » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:15 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:57 am
steelman wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:16 am
You have no idea if Ben will retire. At the moment, it's all speculation. Besides, who is to say they don't draft the next Big Ben who can start contributing as a rookie. It's not like Landry Jones or Josh Dobbs is shoe in for next in line.

Playing across from Brown is perfect for a young WR. You know how many times Bryant has seen double teams? None. Eli Rogers? None. Wheaton? None. JuJu? None.

Even if they become run first, pretty much every non Chicago Bears team throws the ball at least 25 times a game. JuJu will no doubt be heavily involved with his playmaking ability.
I'll add that he has the opportunity to watch and learn from the best receiver in the league. Also, Brown is 29 so as he starts to get up to the age of decline JJSS will have a few years of experience and can be eased into the WR1 role there. Not that he can't produce as the WR2 in the meantime.
Team 1 (3rd Season):
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr
Start QB,2RB,2WR,TE,FLEX
24 Man Active Roster
QB: Wilson, Wentz
RB: Freeman, D. Cook, Jamal Williams, Carson, AP, Lindsay, RJ
WR: Adams, T. Hill, Thielen, M. Bryant, Golladay, Trequan Smith, Pettis, MVS, J'mon Moore, C. Williams
TE: Olsen, Gescicki, Ebron, J. Smith
2019: 1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Team 2 (2nd season):
12 team 4pt Pass TDs/.5ppr
Start QB,2RB,2WR,TE,3FLEX
25 Man Active Roster/3 IR spots
QB: Mariota, Roethlisberger, Trubisky
RB: DJ, Guice, Penny, Royce Freeman, Conner, Carson, Kelly, Dixon, Morris
WR: Allen, JJSS, Landry, Robinson, Watkins, Godwin, Callaway, Allison, Doctson, J. Moore, MVS
TE: Kelce, Njoku

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:24 pm

Big Ben retiring isn't just speculation. He openly admitted considering it. Even if he doesn't retire, you have to question whether his heart is in it. He's getting shut down by solid pass defenses now, and was straight up embarrassed by Jacksonville. He could turn it around like Rivers, but he could just as easily flame out like McNair. He's taken a beating over his career and him hanging on too long is a very real possibility.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker