Tyler Kroft going forward

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
norsberry
Rookie
Rookie

Tyler Kroft going forward

Postby norsberry » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:59 am

How does the community feel about Tyler Kroft?

I think Kroft is a great buy right now for production. He's shown that he can handle the Tyler Eifert role. The offense has featured TEs over the past few years and looks like it will continue even with Eifert out. But I also think that Kroft can end up holding quite a bit of value from a dynasty standpoint going into next year. Eifert is going to be a FA after this season, and just recently had his 3rd back surgery. And if the Bengals don't bring Eifert back then this would be huge for Krofts value.

McCloskey22
Captain
Captain

Re: Tyler Kroft going forward

Postby McCloskey22 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:18 am

Back up tight end
12 team league - 1/2 ppr, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (WR/RB/TE)

QB - Dak Prescott , Alex Smith, Sam Darnold
RB - Ezekiel Elliott , Carlos Hyde , James White, TY Montgomery, Ronald Jones
WR - Mike Evans , Davante Adams , Dez Bryant, Robby Anderson, Zay Jones, Courtland Sutton
TE - Hunter Henry, Tyler Eifert, Rico Gathers, RSJ

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:05 am

There was a similar thread, but he seems to be the guy in CIN, doubt they re-sign Eifert ..
@PlankMelody

wingnutty
Starter
Starter

Postby wingnutty » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:14 am

Dynasty value? Meh, I dunno about that. But I'm riding him hard in my TE premium superflex league. Dude is more valuable than all the WR3's and a lot of the WR2's in my league format.

Ghosted
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ghosted » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:15 am

He was an intriguing ww add a few weeks ago, but I wouldn't pay anything of value for him.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:16 pm

I’ve started him in a couple of leagues, here and there and so far, I’ve liked what I’ve seen. Like others said, I highly doubt that Eifert is re-signed so Kroft isn’t a bad stash right now.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:47 pm

Kroft isn't anything special. Fully expect the Bengals to draft a TE at some point moving forward.

DynastyDeepDive
Starter
Starter

Postby DynastyDeepDive » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:41 am

He's worth a flier. I have him too. I love it when people say he isn't anything special or he's just a backup. Nobody knows. Guy catches the ball. Why couldn't he prove to be a starter? This is the best part of fantasy...finding potential diamonds in the rough!!
In too many leagues to list players. Check out my Dynasty Deep Dive!

norsberry
Rookie
Rookie

Postby norsberry » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:59 pm

He finished the year with a solid line of 44 catches for 404 yards and 7 TDs. Kroft seemed to fill the shoes that Eifert had of being a big red zone target for the Bengals. It was being reported yesterday that there is about a 10% chance that Eifert is resigned.

So where do people have him value-wise? Is it time to sell for what you can or buy in hopes that he turns into a younger, healthier Tyler Eifert?

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:30 pm

Be interesting to see if they sign him to an extension since he is only under contract for the 2018 season.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:41 pm

ArrylT wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:30 pm Be interesting to see if they sign him to an extension since he is only under contract for the 2018 season.
Agreed. That would certainly tell us what we need to know about how Cincy values him. It really feels like they're going to let Effect walk, and have another team take the risk with his injury history. Might be an intersection of opportunity and talent.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Battlestar
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Battlestar » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:00 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:41 pm
ArrylT wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:30 pm Be interesting to see if they sign him to an extension since he is only under contract for the 2018 season.
Agreed. That would certainly tell us what we need to know about how Cincy values him. It really feels like they're going to let Effect walk, and have another team take the risk with his injury history. Might be an intersection of opportunity and talent.
Kroft could end up producing like Jack Doyle, if Eiffert isn't signed. TE was just so volatile last year, I see no reason why he couldn't increase in value during the season as long as he secures the starting role out of camp.

Wile E. Coyote
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Wile E. Coyote » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:04 am

I don't own Tyler Kroft, but as a Tyler Eifert owner in a 2 TE league, I know:

Tyler Eifert

5 seasons (80 games)
Out/IR for 41 games (51%)
Last 4 years, out/IR for 40 of 64 games (63%)
Eifert had 1 good season (2015)

Multitude of injuries: Back, elbow, shoulder, ankle, knee, concussion and neck injuries.

The Bengals (and other teams) have to feel the same about Eifert as I do, not dependable and trusting to be available and; not physically able to handle the NFL. It is possible that Eifert may get a "prove it contract" somewhere, but I don't believe he will be sought after by Cincinnati or other NFL teams.

With that said, I believe that Tyler Kroft is the TE to own in Cincinnati.

James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Postby James McGhee » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:35 pm

norsberry wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:59 am How does the community feel about Tyler Kroft?

I think Kroft is a great buy right now for production. He's shown that he can handle the Tyler Eifert role. The offense has featured TEs over the past few years and looks like it will continue even with Eifert out. But I also think that Kroft can end up holding quite a bit of value from a dynasty standpoint going into next year. Eifert is going to be a FA after this season, and just recently had his 3rd back surgery. And if the Bengals don't bring Eifert back then this would be huge for Krofts value.
The only place they feature the TE is in the redzone from the 1. Too TD dependent.
12 team league; 15 man roster; .5 pt PPR;
QB/RB/2 WR/TE/2 FLX/K/DEF

Tom Brady, Cam Newton
Mark Ingram, Kerryon Johnson, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones
AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Keelan Cole
Rob Gronkowski
Will Lutz
Minnesota Defense

12 team league; 30-man roster; full PPR
QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/3 FLX

Rodgers, Goff, Carr
Bell, J. Stewart, Foreman, Perine
Hopkins, K. Allen, Cooks, Hurns, Kupp, Lee, C. Samuel, Patterson, Taywan Taylor
Howard, Hooper, S. Anderson

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:05 pm

norsberry wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:59 am How does the community feel about Tyler Kroft?

i must have missed this time
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp