JuJu The Redeemer of USC WRs (Agholor and Lee thread)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

JuJu The Redeemer of USC WRs (Agholor and Lee thread)

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:37 pm

Over the past few years I have fallen in love with USC WRs (Lee, Agholor) The skills and athleticism they displayed in college was phenomenal. Highly touted and highly polarizing (due to the curse of USC WRs). So far they have looked like busts. But with the emergence of JuJu Schuster Smith, the curse has been broken! Agholor is a TD factory this season, showing explosivity, hands, route running. Lee has done similarly but without fining the promised land. Both are putting up decent points and are getting a good amount of opportunity, Lee due to circumstance, Agholor by outplaying his teammates.

Just thought it would be nice to have a thread about these two.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Re: JuJu The Redeemer of USC WRs (Agholor and Lee thread)

Postby Servo » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:11 am

I've thought about this, USC only hires from the USC coaching tree so is it something in the water where their receivers just have not made great transitions?

Lee, I don't know how I feel about. JAX is not the team they were back in 2014 and somewhat 2015 with Bortles airing out ducks 24/7. Meaning that he's not going to put up WR1 numbers...you're hoping for WR2 numbers at best. Now, that can change depending on what JAX does this upcoming draft (Lamar Jackson, Rosen, Mayfield) and what Allen Robinson does (who should be a highly sought-after commodity for a lot of teams).

Agholor? For good reason, he was completely written off YET NOW is now beating Alshon in yards and TDs...pretty remarkable. I hope he can keep it up.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:49 am

I was just in a discussion over the weekend when I made a comment about making generalizations when it comes to positions and collegiate programs. In context, it was related to Kizer who I didn't care for coming out because he played for Notre Dame - a program that has been notorious for lacking NFL QB talent since Joe Montana entered the league (35+ years). Granted, every player needs to be viewed individually...but I still believe that certain programs or conferences will make players appear better than they are...
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:35 pm

I often think you end up with a few teams that don't do their homework thinking a guy will be gone by the time he gets to them. When he falls, they look at the fact that they assumed he would be gone much earlier and then sell themselves on the value rather than the talent. This happens mostly with big name programs that run a pro-style offense because the media builds hype for these guys and some scouts get suckered into it. It happens all the time in fantasy football and I think we make the mistake of believing the NFL has limitless competent resources when it should be painfully obvious when looking at all the terrible retread coaches that they have people that are good and people that are bad at their job just like any other industry.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker