Dez worth these days?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Dez worth these days?

Postby Tvols » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:21 am

I doubt many would give 2 first for him he is as bad as cooper now a days .. I had him in a rebuild on block for two weeks one offer .. ended up moving dez with some back and forth .. he simply no longer is a wr one
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

jimmychoi
Starter
Starter

Postby jimmychoi » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:35 am

I know this may not directly pertain to the current situation, but I traded him last year, right before coming back from injury, for the 1.4 and Lamar Miller. The current owner is trying to get multiple firsts and struggling to do so. It’s important to know that up until the last week of the season, it was projected to be the 1.2 pick.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:39 am

Anyone valuing Dez anything higher than a single first round pick (middle) must not watch the Cowboys play. I'm an hour from Dallas and get to see pretty much every game. Dez is a shell of what he was earlier in his career. He hasn't been close to the elite receiver he was back in 2014.

It's funny that DT running back a year ago could barely get you that middle first yet a less productive Dez - not just recently, but his entire career - manages to carry elite value still to some.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

jimmychoi
Starter
Starter

Postby jimmychoi » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:57 am

skip wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:39 am Anyone valuing Dez anything higher than a single first round pick (middle) must not watch the Cowboys play. I'm an hour from Dallas and get to see pretty much every game. Dez is a shell of what he was earlier in his career. He hasn't been close to the elite receiver he was back in 2014.

It's funny that DT running back a year ago could barely get you that middle first yet a less productive Dez - not just recently, but his entire career - manages to carry elite value still to some.
I agree with you. I feel lucky to get what did for him honestly.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:31 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:56 pm How stacked is your roster that he's not starting for you in a 16-team league??? He's still a low end WR1, and 29 years old. Worth 3 Firsts in any format
My team isn’t nearly stacked but strangely enough I have been starting Funchess, Agholor, and Landry. Part of me says that Dez should be starting over all of those guys, but another part of me just can’t do it. Wtf is wrong with me?

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:15 pm

slaughterrt wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:31 am
lukkynumber13 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:56 pm How stacked is your roster that he's not starting for you in a 16-team league??? He's still a low end WR1, and 29 years old. Worth 3 Firsts in any format
My team isn’t nearly stacked but strangely enough I have been starting Funchess, Agholor, and Landry. Part of me says that Dez should be starting over all of those guys, but another part of me just can’t do it. Wtf is wrong with me?
I'm no doctor so I can't answer that question haha, but you should never start Agholor or Funchess over Dez...
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:36 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:15 pm
slaughterrt wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:31 am
I'm no doctor so I can't answer that question haha, but you should never start Agholor or Funchess over Dez...
Lmao, exactly.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:40 pm

Meanwhile, Dez has 7-63 1TD(sick catch) but anyway, DT has 2-9, Watkins had 3-42 today, I mean, Dez may not be elite(top 5) but like I said, it’s more due to the construction of the Cowboys and bad game scripts, as much as anything.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:58 pm

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:40 pm Meanwhile, Dez has 7-63 1TD(sick catch) but anyway, DT has 2-9, Watkins had 3-42 today, I mean, Dez may not be elite(top 5) but like I said, it’s more due to the construction of the Cowboys and bad game scripts, as much as anything.
But none of that is changing in the short term and Dez isn't getting any younger. For fantasy purposes he's a mid/low range WR2 that you can get low WR1 prices for because of his name.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:21 pm

I would so gladly gobble up all the Dez Bryant stock if I could... If anyone is seriously selling for just a single First plus an add-on piece, my goodness BUY him
HERBERT, Baker
KITTLE
/
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
KITTLE, Goedert
/
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
/
R WILSON, Minshew
KELCE, Schultz
/
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
LAPORTA

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:54 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:21 pm I would so gladly gobble up all the Dez Bryant stock if I could... If anyone is seriously selling for just a single First plus an add-on piece, my goodness BUY him
I don't think people said that's what they're selling for that as much as they were saying that's what most are willing to pay for him. He's at that stage where he's worth more on your non-rebuilding roster than what you'll get for him in a trade. There's a reason why we aren't seeing/hearing about that many Dez trades anymore. Again though, are you really paying 3 1sts for a 29yo high WR2?
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:32 pm

BuckeyeNation wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:54 pm
lukkynumber13 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:21 pm I would so gladly gobble up all the Dez Bryant stock if I could... If anyone is seriously selling for just a single First plus an add-on piece, my goodness BUY him
I don't think people said that's what they're selling for that as much as they were saying that's what most are willing to pay for him. He's at that stage where he's worth more on your non-rebuilding roster than what you'll get for him in a trade. There's a reason why we aren't seeing/hearing about that many Dez trades anymore. Again though, are you really paying 3 1sts for a 29yo high WR2?
Very good points... I suppose I would not pay that, but I would easily pay a pair of Firsts for him for team 1 (if I had a pair of Firsts)
HERBERT, Baker
KITTLE
/
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
KITTLE, Goedert
/
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
/
R WILSON, Minshew
KELCE, Schultz
/
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
LAPORTA

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:50 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:32 pm
BuckeyeNation wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:54 pm
Very good points... I suppose I would not pay that, but I would easily pay a pair of Firsts for him for team 1 (if I had a pair of Firsts)
And that's reasonable as long as they're not high 1sts. I guess when we throw around prices in terms of random 1sts it can be rather vague. 2 late-ish 1sts is fine, as you're getting into 50/50 territory of those picks becoming anything. 2 top 5 picks is another story completely.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:17 pm

Getting a deal done in a few of my leagues is like pulling teeth. Very conservative approaches and if the idea doesnt originate with trading partners, they are hesiant to consider offers. I'm in 6 dyno leagues and owned Dez in 3 of them. I'm always looking to keep balance on my teams while I contend. On one roster I had Julio, AJG, Jordy, Dez as my core of wr. In an attempt to get younger and or address injuries to my rb corp I made several offers out to league mates. I offered Dez for Ty Montgomery and was rejected without reason or counter. Offered Dez, Rashard Mathews, and a 2018 4th for L.McCoy and was rejected without counter. Offered Dez for Melvin Gordon, declined.

Fair to say that the market is down on Dez. I understand it... but... at the same time I don't. Its the what have you done for me lately mentality that kills me. I finally made an offer of my Dez and A.Theilen for Brandon Cooks. And it was instantly accepted. So, it took the shiny new toy in A.Theilen to catch the eye and attention & sway my trade partner. Anyway, I see it as an overpay for Cooks. I did it to get and stay younger and to now have a wr corp of AJG, Julio, Cooks, and Jordy may help...

Sucks to have to overpay for nearly every trade I take part in. I'm actually now not doing much trading anymore because of the ultra conservative management style of many of my leaguemates. If I keep trading - I'm losing too much value. Time to stop... I love trading but it seems I can't afford it in the current market status of my leagues. It is what it is.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:39 pm

JFever wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:17 pm Sucks to have to overpay for nearly every trade I take part in. I'm actually now not doing much trading anymore because of the ultra conservative management style of many of my leaguemates. If I keep trading - I'm losing too much value. Time to stop... I love trading but it seems I can't afford it in the current market status of my leagues. It is what it is.

I feel ya buddy, That's how it is in my league too. 75% of the league wont trade unless they are the clear cut winner, then at that point, its like why do I trade to begin with.
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh