The Tyreek Hill Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Tyreek Hill is who Tavon Austin was meant to be

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 pm

Slackalacker wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:44 pm What a great example. I put him around 15-20. Take away that long TD (which the safety could have prevented if he took a good angle) and he was mediocre. Not necessarily a boom or bust, but a boom or be around average which is around 10-12 points in ppr
I don't think Hill is the type of player who will have sustained, long-term success (as a WR2+). He clearly has talent, and I agree that he is what we wanted Tavon to be (a friend and I were saying that exact thing a few weeks ago), but I wouldn't want to count on him long term.

I'm concerned that he's in the perfect storm right now for production with the Chiefs offense humming. I don't think we can count on Alex Smith playing like this for the rest of his career. In a year or two the offense could look completely different and not lend itself to a unique player like Hill. He's not a big receiver who could fit well in most offenses.

All that said, I'm actually fine with his current ADP of WR18. He's a young receiver who is producing. Can't fault anyone for taking him as their WR2. I just wouldn't be investing too much in him.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:04 pm

I think he's DJax in his prime (different skill set, but more comparing them as fantasy assets). So, that is a high end WR2, but hopefully he's your WR3 since he will disappoint some weeks.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:27 pm

Andy Reid did not trade up for a QB with a cannon arm by chance. He has a 4.2 and 4.3 WR on each side(Conley IR this season). It is very clear to me that Reid is evolving his offense even this season with Smith at QB. Smith has not suddenly become elite no more than Hunt has suddenly become elite. The reality is the KC O-line has been dominant for the most part and Reid's play calling is adapting to that. As good as Smith has been thus far, he still cannot fully take advantage of Hill( and eventually Conley's) speed. If you watch closely, most cbs are playing to not give up the go route to Hill. To put it bluntly, most play scared against him. With Mahomes, that threat becomes significantly higher and I firmly beleive Reid's long term plan is to force opposing defenses to defend a larger field and in turn benefit all the skill guys on the KC offense.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:14 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:04 pm I think he's DJax in his prime (different skill set, but more comparing them as fantasy assets). So, that is a high end WR2, but hopefully he's your WR3 since he will disappoint some weeks.
Hill is getting a lot more work underneath than DJax did. He is on pace for 82 catches this year. DJax didn't even approach that number until his 6th season when he had exactly that number and finished as WR10. He never came within 20 catches of that number in another season in his entire career.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:31 pm

Vcize wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:14 pm Hill is getting a lot more work underneath than DJax did. He is on pace for 82 catches this year. DJax didn't even approach that number until his 6th season when he had exactly that number and finished as WR10. He never came within 20 catches of that number in another season in his entire career.
I concur. Too many people unfairly compare Hill to guys like Desean, Cordarrel Patterson, Devin Hester, and other speedy returners/receivers. Hill has the benefit of having a great offensive coach like Reid. And he is showing a hell of a lot more promise at receiver than Desean did back when he was in his sophomore season.

That 30 yard reception Hill made last night in the 3rd quarter proves the critics wrong. Tyreek knew he was going to get rocked by the safety and he still held on.

People should have been higher on his progression as a route runner after that Broncos game last season where he had 9 receptions, 52 yards (longest reception was for 11), and a last play/second TD that gave them the opportunity to tie and later win in OT.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:57 pm

TheRookiePro wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:31 pm
Vcize wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:14 pm Hill is getting a lot more work underneath than DJax did. He is on pace for 82 catches this year. DJax didn't even approach that number until his 6th season when he had exactly that number and finished as WR10. He never came within 20 catches of that number in another season in his entire career.
I concur. Too many people unfairly compare Hill to guys like Desean, Cordarrel Patterson, Devin Hester, and other speedy returners/receivers. Hill has the benefit of having a great offensive coach like Reid. And he is showing a hell of a lot more promise at receiver than Desean did back when he was in his sophomore season.

That 30 yard reception Hill made last night in the 3rd quarter proves the critics wrong. Tyreek knew he was going to get rocked by the safety and he still held on.

People should have been higher on his progression as a route runner after that Broncos game last season where he had 9 receptions, 52 yards (longest reception was for 11), and a last play/second TD that gave them the opportunity to tie and later win in OT.
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't knocking Hill at all by comparing him to DJax in his prime as an asset. You gotta remember, if DJax wasn't always hurt, his career numbers would be equal to what Hilton is doing, but with more TDs. 3-5 years ago, DJax was a borderline WR1 when healthy. But just like Jackson, Hill owners know that occasionally you'll get a 2-18 game thrown in.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:17 pm

TheRookiePro wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:31 pm

You're referring to the 62 reception, 1, 156 yard 9 TD selected to the pro bowl sophomore season Desean Jackson had or some other sophomore season?? :confused: :think:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:02 pm

ArrylT wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:17 pm You're referring to the 62 reception, 1, 156 yard 9 TD selected to the pro bowl sophomore season Desean Jackson had or some other sophomore season?? :confused: :think:
This thread is meant to discuss Tyreek Hill's progression as a receiver, not just a big play threat. That was a great season for Desean, but the 62 receptions is indicative to this conversation, and why I brought him up as an example. The OP is bringing up the debate of Tyreek's floor being higher than expected and how he may not be a boom or bust PPR receiver like Desean.

FYI..

"And he is showing a hell of a lot more promise at receiver than Desean did back when he was in his sophomore season." I was implying how Tyreek does not have as limited of a route tree than Desean did back then.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:24 am

NFL is changing, there is less blood sport in the middle of the field .. guys like Tyreek et al, running crossers in the middle don't have to worry "as much" about being put in the hospital .. There was a time where the middle really was unthinkable for smaller fast guys for all this underneath stuff, you had to be able to take a hit to survive the NFL inside game, to a degree this is still true, but its not like it used to be ..
@PlankMelody

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:58 pm

dm1129 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:27 pm Andy Reid did not trade up for a QB with a cannon arm by chance. He has a 4.2 and 4.3 WR on each side(Conley IR this season). It is very clear to me that Reid is evolving his offense even this season with Smith at QB. Smith has not suddenly become elite no more than Hunt has suddenly become elite. The reality is the KC O-line has been dominant for the most part and Reid's play calling is adapting to that. As good as Smith has been thus far, he still cannot fully take advantage of Hill( and eventually Conley's) speed. If you watch closely, most cbs are playing to not give up the go route to Hill. To put it bluntly, most play scared against him. With Mahomes, that threat becomes significantly higher and I firmly beleive Reid's long term plan is to force opposing defenses to defend a larger field and in turn benefit all the skill guys on the KC offense.
This 100%. I bought Tyreek Hill in two leagues this past offseason. As good as he's been this year, I'd still be buying "high" on him because imagine what Hill could do if KC's interior offensive linemen got healthy and Patrick Mahomes became the starting QB...KC's offense is basically going to become 2015 PIT where you couldn't stop all three of Le'Veon Bell, Antonio Brown, and Martavis Bryant. Opposing teams have/will have the same problem with Kareem Hunt, Tyreek Hill, and Travis Kelce.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Hot Take Tyreek = Next AB

Postby playa_hata » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:18 pm

now i know that there are tyreek truthers out there and that tyreeks adp is 2nd round in start ups so its not like im predicting a sleeper to break out or anything BUT im calling it now tyreek hill is the next antonio brown and will become a more consistent threat every week. I know this might sound like a hot take but I just want to post this on here so I have proof of predicting his greatness. Let me have it folks you with me or you with out me!?
12 team PPR SuperFlex start 9 (Same for each team)

TM1
QB: Rodgers, Rivers, Dak, Dalton, Smith
RB: Zeke, CMC, Jacobs, Chubb, Gore, Dearnest
WR: Davante Adams, Tyreek, Fuller, Aj Brown, AB, MVS, Fulgham, Ward, Fitz, Beasley, amendola, zaccheus
TE: Ertz, Engram, Fells

TM2
QB: Rodgers, Baker, Stafford, Bridgewater
RB:Kamara, Chubb, Hunt, Singletary
WR:M Evans,D Adams,Kupp, AJ brown, lockett, sanders,miller, Patrick, Robinson, Hamilton, Lasley, D.Robinson, Trey Quinn, Scantling, agholor
TE: Kelce, Rudolph, Irv smith, gronk, Burton

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Hot Take Tyreek = Next AB

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:30 pm

Tyreek Hill. No. I think if he hits last years numbers this year you should consider yourself lucky. That offense is due to regress, and although Watkins has been a major disappointment, he's still better than anything they had on the other side last year.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

jwall
Rookie
Rookie

Postby jwall » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:32 pm

I burned myself reading this take.
12 Team PPR - RSO Salary Cap League (25 man roster) $176m.
Est. 2017 (Champion: 2017)
1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 1 RB/WR/TE 1 K 1 DST
QB: Luck ($17.3/20), Trubisky ($1.4/19), Alex Smith ($0.5/18)
RB: Bell ($32.6/20), Cook ($6.4/19), Chubb ($6.4/20), Jamaal Williams ($1.5/19), Clement ($4.0/21), L. Murray ($1.0/18)
WR: AJG ($30.3/19), Baldwin ($22.1/20), Kupp ($1.5/19), Godwin ($1.5/19), Rishard Matthews ($3.5/19), Ridley ($3.7/20), P. Richardson ($1.2/21), Pettis ($1.0/20), J. Moore ($1.0/20), K. Coute ($1.0/20), B. Marshall ($0.5/18)
TE: Gronk ($20.5/19), Ebron ($3/19)
DST: JAX ($1.0/18), NE ($1.0/18)
K: Butker ($2.3/18)
Picks:2019 1st, 2019 1st, 2019 3rd, 2019 3rd, 2020 1st, 2020 2nd, 2020 3rd

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:41 pm

Don't fly so close to the sun, young Icarus.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:47 pm

Hill doesn't profile like AB beyond height and weight.

AB is our generation's Jerry Rice because he hauls in better than 70% of his contested catches every year and he's the best route runner in the NFL. Hill is an Olympic caliber speed merchant, and his entire game relies on it.

Hill and AB don't win the same way. Comparing them to each other is like comparing Wes Welker to Steve Smith Sr.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE