Week 7 Discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Slackalacker
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Week 7 Discussion

Postby Slackalacker » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:40 pm

JoshGordonsDealer wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:44 pm
steelman wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:30 pm Atlanta has major problems and I don't anticipate them being fixed this year. The time to sell Julio for his full value was probably 2 weeks ago or longer. At this point, the fantasy community is starting to devalue him, whether it's his fault or not.
And just like that...
I sold Julio for AJG two weeks ago (dealt with BOTH byes). Now that they have both played they switch who is outscoring who, go figure.
TEAM 1 - 10 team SF 1PPR | 2017 & 2019 League Champ
1QB/1SF/2RB/2WR/1TE/2FLEX
QB: Dak - Hurts - DangeRuss - Tua - Z Wilson - Mills
RB: Barkley - Zeke - Sanders - Pollard - Patterson - D’Ernest - Jermar - Evans - Jones
WR: Hill - JJeff - Higgins - Hollywood - MThom(IR) - Godwin(IR) - E Moore - Marshall Jr - Calloway - Palmer - D Brown
TE: Hock - Moreau

grooner
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby grooner » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:06 am

jimmychoi wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:59 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:28 pm What's the point in giving Hill one series and benching him for the rest of the half? Just play Mixon.
Marvin Lewis is maddening. Haven’t see Mixon in some time.

Oh wait. He’s back in and it was a pass play. Ha

Why you wouldn’t play your best player is beyond me.
The bengals just do stupid things. Mixon is averaging 7 yards a carry in the first half, against one of the worst run defs, who also happen to have one of the best pass defenses, but let's not give him any more carries and get dalton to omy throw. Not only does dalton only throw, but let's also avoid targeting AJG. I feel like the bengals could be so much better if they just ran their offense better.

The pats last night went pretty run heavy for them, because Atlanta couldn't stop the run. I don't get why teams abandon the run when the other team can't stop it...

Rockytop85
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Rockytop85 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:16 am

Sorry if already posted but it looks like Ty Montgomery may be toast. Got out touched 20-5, I think.

I’m embarrassed to admit this but I picked up Jones off waivers after Montgomery got hurt but I dropped him when it looked like Williams and Montgomery might actually play the next week. Looks like I really screwed the pooch.

I guess as a UT fan, I’m used to teams just playing their starter even if there’s a better player on the bench.

I didn’t get to watch the game, just saw the stat line. Am I overreacting?
10 team .5 PPR, 14 keepers, 18 roster spots + 1 IR;
Starters: 1QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 Flex.
QB: G. Smith, D. Watson
RB: B. Hall, E. Mitchell, C. Edmonds, M. Carter, K. Herbert, Z. White, E. Benjamin
WR: J. Chase, M. Brown, DJ Moore, G. Wilson, T. McLaurin, E. Moore, R. Bateman, J. Palmer, R. Doubs, K. Shakir
TE: Pitts

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:21 am

Rockytop85 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:16 am Sorry if already posted but it looks like Ty Montgomery may be toast.
You mean he's NOT the next David Johnson?

Rockytop85
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Rockytop85 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:23 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:21 am
Rockytop85 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:16 am Sorry if already posted but it looks like Ty Montgomery may be toast.
I didn’t think he was a special talent but thought the situation made him valuable. When it looked like it would be a RBBC I passed on the whole group of backups and just held Montgomery basically because of sunk cost.

Scanned back and found my support group on page 8. I feel better that I’m not the only one, but not much better.
10 team .5 PPR, 14 keepers, 18 roster spots + 1 IR;
Starters: 1QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 Flex.
QB: G. Smith, D. Watson
RB: B. Hall, E. Mitchell, C. Edmonds, M. Carter, K. Herbert, Z. White, E. Benjamin
WR: J. Chase, M. Brown, DJ Moore, G. Wilson, T. McLaurin, E. Moore, R. Bateman, J. Palmer, R. Doubs, K. Shakir
TE: Pitts

Kaz
Captain
Captain

Postby Kaz » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:59 am

Really hate to see Joe Thomas go down with an injury. Dude deserves much better than what he has had to deal through his career.
QB: Brees, Ryan
RB: J.Taylor, K.Hunt, R.Jones, Dillon, McKinnon
WR: D.Adams, T.Hill, A.Rob, Lockett, Anderson, P.Campbell, C.Samuel
TE: Kittle, Olsen, D.Sample
DL: Ngakoue, E.Griffen, J.Sweat, Bowser
LB: Mosley, D.Jones, Warner, Treviathan, R. Evans, Okereke, M.Harrison
DB: J.Johnson, T.Mathieu, T.Walker, J.Jones, X.Woods

seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby seahawks506 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:03 am

"Responding to a comment he was tagged in which said rookie JuJu Smith-Schuster is a better player, Bryant wrote, "JuJu is no where near better than me fool. All they need to do is give me what I want and y'all can have JuJu and who ever else."

Martavis Bryant is such a piece of sh*t. Dude, you got kicked out of the league for a year, you come back and are getting outplayed by a rookie. Quit whining and trash-talking your teammate. Hope he gets traded to the Browns.

More great decision making:

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports Martavis Bryant skipped mandatory team meetings on Monday.

This is escalating quickly. One of Bryant's teammates told beat writer Ed Bouchette the oft-suspended receiver "called in sick." Coming off a two-touch game, Bryant trashed JuJu Smith-Schuster, as well as the team, on Instagram.
orphan rebuild- 3 superflex, nerfed QB scoring 0.5/1/1.5 wr/rb/te PPR
QB: Hurts, Dobbs, Lance, Huntley, Bagent
RB: Swift, Kamara, Sanders, K. Mitchell, Foreman, CEH, Dowdle, Demercado
WR: Lamb, AJB, DK, Hollywood, Jakobi, Lazard, Boyd, Shaheed, Douglas
TE: Chig, Juwan, Conklin, Taysom, Smythe
Picks: 3 2024 2nds

rebuild 2: 1QB PPR
QB: Richardson, Pickett, Mayfield
RB: Achane, E Mitchell, Demercado
WR: Chase, Addison, QJ, J Palmer, Wan'Dale, Claypool, Douglas, Metchie
TE: Kittle, Mayer, Otton, Ferguson
Picks: 3 2024 1sts, 2 2024 2nds

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:47 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:40 pm
GLSmk wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:12 pm Waiting to hear the people offended by Julio saying they played 'smear the queer'.....
I mean, that's what we called it as kids when we were little. Now we know that is highly offensive, so yeah it was stupid to say if he actually said that (i haven't been watching)
Back then it just meant different (as in the one with the ball) and had broad application across many things.

joshb
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby joshb » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:20 am

Lotto4Life wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:47 am
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:40 pm
GLSmk wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:12 pm Waiting to hear the people offended by Julio saying they played 'smear the queer'.....
I mean, that's what we called it as kids when we were little. Now we know that is highly offensive, so yeah it was stupid to say if he actually said that (i haven't been watching)
Back then it just meant different (as in the one with the ball) and had broad application across many things.
I think the meaning is pretty clear.
12 team non-ppr
QB Murray, Stafford
RB JT, Chubb, A. Jones, Dobbins, D. Pierce, R. White, K. Miller
WR Deebo, Metcalf, Higgins, Juju, E. Moore, Toney, M. Wilson, T. Thornton
TE Schultz, Kincaid, Musgrave, Likely

Slackalacker
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Slackalacker » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:28 am

I hope they ship Bryant off so I can start Juju with AB, the new TD Twins.
RB: Barkley - Zeke - Sanders - Pollard - Patterson - D’Ernest - Jermar - Evans - Jones
WR: Hill - JJeff - Higgins - Hollywood - MThom(IR) - Godwin(IR) - E Moore - Marshall Jr - Calloway - Palmer - D Brown

kylejargon
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby kylejargon » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:53 am

Kaz wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:59 am Really hate to see Joe Thomas go down with an injury. Dude deserves much better than what he has had to deal through his career.
I agree with this and I think Fitz is in same boat. I hate that fitz is about to end his career with one of the worst offenses in the league because of injuries. I would love to see him traded to a competitive team to end his career but I know he wont want it and will stick with the Cards.
28 team (2 player pools) PPR, TE premium, Superflex, .25 ppc
Wentz, D Jones, Heincke
Akers, Hines, Kamara, McKinnon, Singletary, Darrel Williams, Eno Benjamin
AJB, Chase, Tyler Johnson, Lamb, E Moore, Pringle, Richie James
Hockenson, Irv Smith
TS: Pickett, Allgeier, Montrell Washington, Metchie, G Wilson
IR:
__________________________________________________________________________________
10 team 0.1 PPR
Allen, Goff, D Jones
Akers, Mixon, D Harris, Montgomery, Dobbins, Herbert, Penny
Kupp, G Wilson, Cooper, Mike Williams, Ridley, Meyers, E Moore
Kelce, Ertz, Goedert
Greg Joseph
Colts, Broncos, Saints
TS: Olave, Phillips, Jordan Mason

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:31 pm

DD you may be the sassiest poster on these forums, please don't change, I really enjoy it.

jaykay22
Starter
Starter

Postby jaykay22 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:07 pm

AussieMate wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:31 pm
DD you may be the sassiest poster on these forums, please don't change, I really enjoy it.
The day DD and ninoTorres no longer post on DLF I will be terribly sad.
#FreeCoreyDavis

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:10 pm

More reason why buying RB's primarily because of situation is a bad idea.

I know opportunity is the #1 reason why RB's produce, but if you aren't that good to begin with and you get injured, it's over.

Slackalacker
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Slackalacker » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:43 pm

Pryor wasn't in a single snap of the redskins opening drive, instead they opted for a Crowder/Doctson/Grant combo which is interesting.

Not that I'm complaining or surprised, two weeks ago they said they needed to get Crowder more targets and this week they said the same about Doctson. Guess that has to come from somewhere