Andrew Luck

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Andrew Luck

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:32 am

I'm surprised that there's not any posts on here about Andrew Luck, after the most recent "setback". Personally, I thought that the Colts rushed him back last season and now it won't surprise me if he's finished for the season, besides Jacoby Brissett has shown some nice things, imo. What do people think about this situation? Does Luck still retain his elite status? Just wanting some takes on this all, thanks.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Andrew Luck

Postby skip » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:39 am

I don't see the situation as any different than any other injury to a top end talent. Are we questioning OBJ's skills because he's hurt? Or David Johnson? Or Aaron Rodgers? It's fair to question whether or not Luck ever was truly elite or overrated, but I don't see this situation having an impact on that judgment. I certainly don't think Brissett is any threat to his future with the Colts.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

TaquitoPeddler
Rookie
Rookie

Postby TaquitoPeddler » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:08 am

The talent is still no doubt elite (and there should be 0% fear of Brissett encroaching on his job long term), but one can certainly question the continued mystery of his injury. The lack of truthfulness coming out of the organization and the fact that his rehab keeps on being extended past the usual timetable for this kind of procedure has to be somewhat of an eyebrow raiser. While I do expect him to be back full strength next year I have found myself making moves to solidify my QB depth in the leagues I have him in.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:15 am

Colt understand their roster is trash and don't want to risk luck getting creamed again, so they have "setbacks". At least that is my speculation, is there really any point in them bring luck back this season? Probably not
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:15 am

Luck's injury definitely impacts his long term value because it is to his throwing arm. When the Colts acquired Brissett, I immediately saw it as a red flag and thought Luck's shoulder was not healing/rehabbing according to schedule. Shoulder injuries are very problematic and the reality is no one at this point can be certain what the ultimate outcome will be for Luck. If I was a Luck owner, I would defintely be concerned that the shoulder could be a chronic problem going forward and Luck's throwing strength is in jeopardy.

Triton85
Captain
Captain

Postby Triton85 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:34 am

As a colts fan I am concerned, its different than a broken bone which just heals and the player moves on

Not much information has come out about this, I'm hoping this is just the colts way of tanking for a high end pick... but Luck has said he would not be ok with being redshirted "for his safety".

If you are a Luck owner, just hold. If you are looking for a risky possible buy low you may be able to grab him from a concerned owner... but I wouldn't personally

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:19 am

I read an article recently that discussed how bad the Colts organization is and their management of one of the best talents in the game. From blowing their medical evaluations to exceptionally poor draft and free agent signings.

The article talked about how the only two comparable situations historically would be Vinny Testerverde and Archie Manning. Who both were destroyed by exceptionally poor protection and team mismangement.
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Herbert, Tanny
RB: Chubb, Stevenson, AJ Dillion
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas
TE: D Njoku
K: Butker

2023: 1.01, 2.01
2024 early first, late first

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:08 pm

dm1129 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:15 am Luck's injury definitely impacts his long term value because it is to his throwing arm. When the Colts acquired Brissett, I immediately saw it as a red flag and thought Luck's shoulder was not healing/rehabbing according to schedule. Shoulder injuries are very problematic and the reality is no one at this point can be certain what the ultimate outcome will be for Luck. If I was a Luck owner, I would defintely be concerned that the shoulder could be a chronic problem going forward and Luck's throwing strength is in jeopardy.
What examples are there in the entirety of NFL history of shoulder issues ending a QB's career in his prime? There are lots in baseball, but playing QB seems a lot different than going out there throwing 95mph fastballs.

The only two players I can think of where people were even worried would never be able to play again because of shoulder/neck injuries went on to set the NFL record for passing yards (Brees) and passing TDs (Peyton) afterwards.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:09 pm

dm1129 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:15 am Luck's injury definitely impacts his long term value because it is to his throwing arm. When the Colts acquired Brissett, I immediately saw it as a red flag and thought Luck's shoulder was not healing/rehabbing according to schedule. Shoulder injuries are very problematic and the reality is no one at this point can be certain what the ultimate outcome will be for Luck. If I was a Luck owner, I would defintely be concerned that the shoulder could be a chronic problem going forward and Luck's throwing strength is in jeopardy.
I agree with you on this, I was thinking the same thing when they acquired Brissett. It just seems like this situation has been mishandled from the beginning. On a fantasy note, I was offered him in a couple of leagues and passed, one offer was for Rodgers + draft picks after Rodgers injury, no way I would take that not knowing if and when Luck will come back. I'm very interested to see how this all plays out over the next few months.

Slackalacker
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Slackalacker » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:10 pm

What this means is I guess I'll have to stream a QB for Brady's bye week. Sad face.
TEAM 1 - 10 team SF 1PPR | 2017 & 2019 League Champ
1QB/1SF/2RB/2WR/1TE/2FLEX
QB: Dak - Hurts - DangeRuss - Tua - Z Wilson - Mills
RB: Barkley - Zeke - Sanders - Pollard - Patterson - D’Ernest - Jermar - Evans - Jones
WR: Hill - JJeff - Higgins - Hollywood - MThom(IR) - Godwin(IR) - E Moore - Marshall Jr - Calloway - Palmer - D Brown
TE: Hock - Moreau

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:06 pm

I think it is a combo of the injury/rehab having setbacks and a Sixers situation where you don't want to rush back the future to miss the playoffs. The thing is, that division is winnable, so maybe it's more that they know they are not a true contender even with him. That organization is sketchy.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:09 pm

Vcize wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:08 pm
What examples are there in the entirety of NFL history of shoulder issues ending a QB's career in his prime? There are lots in baseball, but playing QB seems a lot different than going out there throwing 95mph fastballs.

The only two players I can think of where people were even worried would never be able to play again because of shoulder/neck injuries went on to set the NFL record for passing yards (Brees) and passing TDs (Peyton) afterwards.
I don't recall saying his career was over, help me out on this....haha

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:51 pm

Hopefully the Colts finally decide to protect their 9 figure investment by bolstering the o-line next spring.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:22 pm

His shoulder is structurally fully healed, and his throwing motion is reportedly the same as before. He just has to rehab to rebuild some muscle. Setbacks are to be expected during this process, a little soreness means they might rest him a week. But this is a minor thing, not a season-ending thing. I understand why if the Colts are bad and losing they wouldn't rush him back but I don't think they can bench him if he's healthy, the Player's Association would object to that.

He wasn't put on PUP or IR, so the team expected him back before week 6, and now it's looking more like week 9. This is unfortunate, but I don't know why all the rumors keep saying he's not going to be back. He's almost ready. Even if he's out til the bye he will be useful in the fantasy playoffs.

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:16 pm

Jim Irsay is the most incompetent owner in my opinion. That old lush is ruining Luck's career.

And I would love to play poker with Chuck Pagano, his bluffs to the media are incredibly easy to read. The entire organization has been full of $hit. Complete negligence on their part, not giving full disclosure to the fan base on the Luck injury because they knew season ticket holders would cancel their accounts.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens