General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Jamaal Williams - outlook for rest of the year

Postby Phaded » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:24 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:16 pm
Sterling Archer wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:45 am
MarcoPolo25 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:19 am I still think it's Aaron Jones' job long term. He beat out Williams and only lost the job due to injury. Showed all he needed on that last 20 yd TD run. He is more explosive than Williams. But time will tell.
:liar:

This couldn't be more wrong.
- Jones *did* pass Williams on the depth-chart, early in the season. That's a fact. Then Jones hurt his knee.
Correct me if I'm wrong - but didn't this happen the other way around?

Ty went down in a Thursday night game and then it was Jamaal Williams who got the first crack, not Jones.
Then Jones ended up taking the job because Williams got hurt in that same game.
They then went on to roll with Jones and ride the "hot hand" - so I'm guessing this is where he "passed him on the depth chart".
Now Jones is healthy - but since Williams is the "hot hand" they are going with him.
So you could argue Williams has now "passed Jones on the depth chart".

Either way - when next season starts, either one could just as easily be the primary back. I don't think either is the clear cut better option at this point and they both bring something different to the table.

The more "explosive back" does not always win out (see Jerick McKinnon).

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Re: Jamaal Williams - outlook for rest of the year

Postby Pac_Eddy » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:43 am

Phaded wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:24 pm Correct me if I'm wrong - but didn't this happen the other way around?

Ty went down in a Thursday night game and then it was Jamaal Williams who got the first crack, not Jones.
Then Jones ended up taking the job because Williams got hurt in that same game.
They then went on to roll with Jones and ride the "hot hand" - so I'm guessing this is where he "passed him on the depth chart".
Now Jones is healthy - but since Williams is the "hot hand" they are going with him.
So you could argue Williams has now "passed Jones on the depth chart".

Either way - when next season starts, either one could just as easily be the primary back. I don't think either is the clear cut better option at this point and they both bring something different to the table.

The more "explosive back" does not always win out (see Jerick McKinnon).
Yes, that's how it happened.

I think the reason the Pack drafted Williams ahead of Jones, and started him before Jones, and are playing him over Jones today, is this: he does everything pretty well. Not as good a pure runner with explosion, but not bad. He also is a good receiver & pass blocker (musts for a Rodgers offense).

This is why I think Williams is the better part of this committee, if not the outright lead back like we've seen the last two weeks. McKinnon is a good comparison for Aaron Jones' role right now.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.