Jamaal Williams - outlook for rest of the year

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Re: Jamaal Williams - outlook for rest of the year

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:53 am

I thought Williams looked pretty good last nite. Maybe the Pack o-line played better than previous weeks too. Regardless, he showed off his pass protecting ability as well as being able to run hard & catch out of the backfield. He doesn't have the speed & explosiveness of Montgomery & Jones, but he does everything well enough.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:18 am

Oddball456 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:59 am
Orenthal Shames wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:13 pm Poor profile 3rd stringer on a Hundley-led offense. Nuff said
66 Rush yards, 4 receptions for 60 yards, 2 TD's vs. the Steelers, 29.5 points in PPR. Averaging 20+ touches the past 3 weeks. Granted Ty Montgomery is hurt as well as Aaron Jones, but Jamaal looked pretty good last night.
Sometimes opportunity matters more than talent. If Hundley can play competently, and JW remains the only healthy option in Green Bay, you can't argue with the volume.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:57 am

21 carries for 103 yards, 1 TD
2 catches for 10 yards

Aaron Jones had 1 carry, the game winner in OT after Williams brought them into scoring range.

I'm liking how he played. I like him the best of the three RBs going into next year, though Aaron Jones also plays well.

MarcoPolo25
Role Player
Role Player

Postby MarcoPolo25 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:19 am

I still think it's Aaron Jones' job long term. He beat out Williams and only lost the job due to injury. Showed all he needed on that last 20 yd TD run. He is more explosive than Williams. But time will tell.
12 team league
25 man roster
8 RB & 9 WR Restrictions
1QB 2RB 2WR 1RB/WR/TE flex 1TE 1K 1 DST
1pt PPR
Qb: Jackson, M. Jones, Huntley
RB: Cook, Chubb, Carson, Gaskin, R. Stephenson, Elijah Mitchell, Jeff Wilson Jr
WR: D. Adams, K. Allen, Juju, M. Williams, OBJ, Tylan Wallace, Darden, Deonte Harris
TE: Kelce, Engram, H. Bryant, Moreau, Gray
DST: Dal
K: Butker
Taxi:
IR:

npainter
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby npainter » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:46 am

MarcoPolo25 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:19 am I still think it's Aaron Jones' job long term. He beat out Williams and only lost the job due to injury. Showed all he needed on that last 20 yd TD run. He is more explosive than Williams. But time will tell.
Jones has to figure out pass protection. Until then it will be Williams getting the better end of the split.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:12 am

MarcoPolo25 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:19 am I still think it's Aaron Jones' job long term. He beat out Williams and only lost the job due to injury. Showed all he needed on that last 20 yd TD run. He is more explosive than Williams. But time will tell.
I think Jones started when Williams was hurt earlier in the year. Tough to say for sure who has the main job if it's not Ty Montgomery. I'd still bet on Williams though.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:48 pm

Jones wasn't so good that he'll be gifted the job back.

I still don't think any of the RB's are worth investing in, because none of them have really shown anything more than the opportunity allows. I'd rather invest when GB clearly invests in one player.

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:05 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:48 pm
Jones wasn't so good that he'll be gifted the job back.

I still don't think any of the RB's are worth investing in, because none of them have really shown anything more than the opportunity allows. I'd rather invest when GB clearly invests in one player.
Agree with this. I feel like this will be a RBBC next year possibly between 3 backs.
48 team, 4 copy league, QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SF, 4 flex
QB - Wentz, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jones, Alex Smith
RB - Chubb, Hunt, Swift, Akers, Henderson, Mostert, Mack, Bowden, Hill
WR - AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Gabriel Davis, Slayton, Hamler, Isabella
TE - Fant, Burton, Firkser, Keene, Okuegbunam
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd

Sterling Archer
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sterling Archer » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:45 am

:liar:

This couldn't be more wrong. Williams was drafted first, he took some first team reps in camp (it was still Ty's job), he remained 2nd on the depth chart and was the first one in the game when Ty got hurt. Unfortunately for him, he got hurt a few carries later and Jones did well. GB rode the hot hand until Jones got hurt. Then Williams got his chance and performed as GB hoped he would when they drafted him.

As the better pass protector and better grinder, I think the job is Williams' while Jones will be the change of pace back (in the Lacy/Starks vein). Ty Montgomery will likely serve the role of cheap injury insurance next year and then they'll let him walk in free agency. GB is a frugal team with plenty of holes in the lineup, so I don't anticipate a free agency splash nor much draft investment in the position.

cweds
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby cweds » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:32 am

Sterling Archer wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:45 am

This couldn't be more wrong. Williams was drafted first, he took some first team reps in camp (it was still Ty's job), he remained 2nd on the depth chart and was the first one in the game when Ty got hurt. Unfortunately for him, he got hurt a few carries later and Jones did well. GB rode the hot hand until Jones got hurt. Then Williams got his chance and performed as GB hoped he would when they drafted him.

As the better pass protector and better grinder, I think the job is Williams' while Jones will be the change of pace back (in the Lacy/Starks vein). Ty Montgomery will likely serve the role of cheap injury insurance next year and then they'll let him walk in free agency. GB is a frugal team with plenty of holes in the lineup, so I don't anticipate a free agency splash nor much draft investment in the position.
GB could save big money cutting Cobb this offseason. Maybe they use TyMo in the Cobb role with a few more carries than they usually give Cobb. Then use the tandem of Williams/Jones for the majority of the rushing load.
Team 1 (3rd Season):
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr
Start QB,2RB,2WR,TE,FLEX
24 Man Active Roster
QB: Wilson, Wentz
RB: Freeman, D. Cook, Jamal Williams, Carson, AP, Lindsay, RJ
WR: Adams, T. Hill, Thielen, M. Bryant, Golladay, Trequan Smith, Pettis, MVS, J'mon Moore, C. Williams
TE: Olsen, Gescicki, Ebron, J. Smith
2019: 1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Team 2 (2nd season):
12 team 4pt Pass TDs/.5ppr
Start QB,2RB,2WR,TE,3FLEX
25 Man Active Roster/3 IR spots
QB: Mariota, Roethlisberger, Trubisky
RB: DJ, Guice, Penny, Royce Freeman, Conner, Carson, Kelly, Dixon, Morris
WR: Allen, JJSS, Landry, Robinson, Watkins, Godwin, Callaway, Allison, Doctson, J. Moore, MVS
TE: Kelce, Njoku

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:12 am

15 rushes for 49 yards, 1 TD
7 targets, 7 catches for 69 yards and another TD

joshb
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby joshb » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:30 am

The depth chart was Ty>Williams>Jones. Ty and Williams got hurt and quick succession, so Jones was able to seize the role. Williams wasn't ahead of Jones due to running ability though, Jones just wasn't as good a pass blocker as Williams. If Jones can improve his pass blocking in the offseason, I fully expect a pretty even committee, with Jones getting a bit more of the carries.
12 team non-ppr
QB Murray, Stafford
RB JT, Chubb, A. Jones, Dobbins, D. Pierce, R. White, K. Miller
WR Deebo, Metcalf, Higgins, Juju, E. Moore, Toney, M. Wilson, T. Thornton
TE Schultz, Kincaid, Musgrave, Likely

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:16 pm

This couldn't be more wrong.
No, it's not.

- Jones *did* pass Williams on the depth-chart, early in the season. That's a fact. Then Jones hurt his knee.
- He *is* more explosive than Williams. That's plainly evident from both their workout scores and the college tape; Jones had a run of 40+ yards in 8 games last season.

This is basically all that MarcoPolo25 said, and these points are objectively true.

You get the :liar:, not him.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:25 pm

Williams is a mid-low RB1 rest of season without looking at the schedule. He looks great. He isn't as explosive as Aaron Jones, but Jamaal picks up the difficult yards. He seems to find small creases and always gain small chunks instead of taking losses. He has great balance and good vision. I expect him to keep the job given his strong pass blocking ability, good running between the tackles and goal line skills, and quality receiving chops. I don't think Montgomery will be getting much work ROS, maybe some spells with Aaron Jones in that mix. When GB goes no huddle though, Williams will be on the field and that will generate fantasy production. Next year is hard to predict, but with Cobb a cut candidate, I could see Ty moving to his role and this being a split backfield. Perhaps 70/30 Jamaal to AJones. I don't think AJones will get the job back, barring an injury... Then again, i'm a Jamaal Williams homer thanks to Matt Waldman.
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:25 pm

Williams is a mid-low RB1 rest of season without looking at the schedule. He looks great. He isn't as explosive as Aaron Jones, but Jamaal picks up the difficult yards. He seems to find small creases and always gain small chunks instead of taking losses. He has great balance and good vision. I expect him to keep the job given his strong pass blocking ability, good running between the tackles and goal line skills, and quality receiving chops. I don't think Montgomery will be getting much work ROS, maybe some spells with Aaron Jones in that mix. When GB goes no huddle though, Williams will be on the field and that will generate fantasy production. Next year is hard to predict, but with Cobb a cut candidate, I could see Ty moving to his role and this being a split backfield. Perhaps 70/30 Jamaal to AJones. I don't think AJones will get the job back, barring an injury... Then again, i'm a Jamaal Williams homer thanks to Matt Waldman.
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league