Teddy Bridgewater

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Teddy Bridgewater

Postby joeya2001 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:08 pm

i dont see any topics on him, worth an add in a superflex.

think he plays this year, would be a great comeback story
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Postby Plank » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:37 pm

We are getting a Doctors evaluation this week, but the team expects it to be great news as it is, I'd add him and keep reading news..
@PlankMelody

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:14 pm

I added him in a start 1 league. He is still a 24-year-old former 1st round pick and their weapons are a lot better than when he was last the QB. Sounds like he could be starting in a few weeks if Bradford is still out. He might be a top 15 dynasty QB by the end of the season.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:40 pm

He's definitely worth a stab if you have the roster space and aren't looking for an immediate start.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:39 pm

I like him as a stab with the intent to flip. I always considered him a good NFL prospect and only a mediocre fantasy prospect. That being said, he's cheap now. If and when he starts again, then his value will be far greater.

So, IMO, he's a buy now with the likely possibility of a good and quick ROI.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:41 pm

I think that if he's healthy, he could surprise a lot of people. He was always miscast in Turner's downfield attack. In an offense based more on quick reads and getting the ball to receivers in space, I think he has an opportunity to excel.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:12 pm

I just picked him up, ill bet he plays this year
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:04 pm

I think some have forgotten how bad Bridgewater was before the injury.

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:14 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:04 pm I think some have forgotten how bad Bridgewater was before the injury.
His rookie year his most targeted receiver was Greg Jennings with CPat at #2, his second season his #1 target was a rookie Diggs with 84 targets. His rookie season he had to deal with the sudden loss of AP for the entire year and in his second season he wasn't terribly inefficient (7.2 yards/attempt) but had a pretty low volume (Vikes had the fewest passing attempts of any team in the league) so his numbers didn't look great, not to mention he got sacked on 10% of his dropbacks (44 sacks was tied for 6th most that year with stafford despite stafford having 145 more attempts than bridgewater's 447).

With a change in offensive philosophy and a solid receiving corps (Diggs coming into his own, Thielen breaking out, Cook/McKinnon out of the backfield, Rudolph showing up) I think he could be a pretty decent play. I'm not looking for like top 8 numbers every week but Teddy is a guy who could finish the year anywhere from QB12-18 and would be a strong injury/bye week replacement for most teams and right now he's basically free. In the team in my sig I picked him up after making a trade where I sent Dak and some other stuff for Tyrod and some other stuff so I could have some extra insurance at the QB position with Luck's status so mercurial this year.
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:30 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:04 pm I think some have forgotten how bad Bridgewater was before the injury.
Not sure what you were watching. He struggled going downfield, and he was getting hammered behind an awful line, but overall he looked fine to me.

WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
K - Just a stupid kicker

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:10 pm

ericanadian wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:30 pm
Not sure what you were watching. He struggled going downfield, and he was getting hammered behind an awful line, but overall he looked fine to me.
At best, Bridgewater looked like a replaceable game manager.

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:45 pm

It seems to me that we're not asking the right questions here. For this season, it's not about whether Teddy is the greatest QB since Peyton, it's about whether he is good enough to beat out Keenum and Bradford, who are both looking surprisingly good in this offense. I don't think it is in the Vikings best interest to show how good Teddy is, since he will be a free agent. The only way they can get him back is if they bench him so that nobody else wants to pay him. If they play him and he's good then he's gone. So why would they do that?

However, I just want to point out that in the 2015 DLF ADP Bridgewater was QB6 before the injury, ahead of Stafford, Tannehill, Carr, and the rookies Winston and Mariota. This is higher than Carr's current value. Bridgewater is a year and a half younger than Carr. So while memories may be short in this game, two years ago we evidently thought Teddy Bridgewater would become very good. And now for some reason he is free. I don't know why people keep making this mistake but I urge you to take advantage of it and get him if you can.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:38 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:10 pm
ericanadian wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:30 pm
At best, Bridgewater looked like a replaceable game manager.
I thought he looked miscast in the offense he was in. He wasn't a world beater, but a lot of good QBs weren't at 22. I was a fan of his game in college, but I admittedly suck at predicting which QBs are going to be good from College to Pros.

In line with Tsunami's thought, I am more interested in what his value could be if he has a couple nice games this season. There is something of a dearth of young QBs even in start 1 leagues, and certain teams pay up to get a "QB of the future".
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:13 am

Tsunami wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:45 pm It seems to me that we're not asking the right questions here. For this season, it's not about whether Teddy is the greatest QB since Peyton, it's about whether he is good enough to beat out Keenum and Bradford, who are both looking surprisingly good in this offense. I don't think it is in the Vikings best interest to show how good Teddy is, since he will be a free agent. The only way they can get him back is if they bench him so that nobody else wants to pay him. If they play him and he's good then he's gone. So why would they do that?

However, I just want to point out that in the 2015 DLF ADP Bridgewater was QB6 before the injury, ahead of Stafford, Tannehill, Carr, and the rookies Winston and Mariota. This is higher than Carr's current value. Bridgewater is a year and a half younger than Carr. So while memories may be short in this game, two years ago we evidently thought Teddy Bridgewater would become very good. And now for some reason he is free. I don't know why people keep making this mistake but I urge you to take advantage of it and get him if you can.
I suspec that if they're unwilling to pay him, he'll only sign a prove it deal and the Vikes will just be delaying his situation by a year. If he's healthy, he's better than Keenum and it's in their interests to see if he still has it because they can always tag him and then work out a long term deal.

K - Just a stupid kicker