Brett Hundley

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Brett Hundley

Postby pokerface40 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:34 pm

Not sure if there is a thread dedicated to Hundley but figured this is a good time to talk about him.

Is he just a preseason superstar or is this chance he's getting gonna show that he has what it takes to be a starter in the NFL?

I just acquired him in a SF rebuild and am curious on what the forum thinks of him.

And go....

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Brett Hundley

Postby maxhyde » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:04 pm

I am downgrading all GB WR's until I see him in a few games.
Most places I will be sitting my GB WR's if I have even any options available and will sell any that I get a near market offer for
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:27 pm

Cobb has a tremendous match-up this week too, Vaccaro couldn't stay with Tate, doubt he can stay with Cobb, but way too risky that Hundley can find him on a consistent basis ..
@PlankMelody

Stevens61310
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Stevens61310 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:29 pm

Way back when he was first drafted I had him ranked as the #2 QB that year (yes I had him above Mariotta). I personally believe that if Hundley went to Oregon and Mariotta went to UCLA--that entire QB draft plays out differently. That's why I tried to snatch him up in every draft I could--.

That being said I would give it a few weeks before i would feel comfortable starting any Packers skill players. I understand that where you drafted Jordy almost means you have to start no matter who is QB--but still--

Although no injury is a good thing--I think this will give me (and everyone else) a glimpse at him to see if my thoughts and expectations are justified. With an extended amount of time to showcase his talents (or lack thereof) he might be available for a trade next year. Which is what I always thought when he was drafted by Green bay

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:21 pm

His arm strength isn't great, but the team has loads of underneath options. I think he'll do alright.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:36 pm

Jordy stays the same in my opinion. Adams/Cobb have never played without Rodgers so I would downgrade them. Jordy has played 15 games I think without Rodgers and his fantasy ppg are basically the same, slightly more I believe.

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:38 pm

The Packers and McCarthy have been grooming him for three years, and he has shown well in the pre-season. Obviously, the WR corps on the Packers will help. In addition, he has some mobility and elusiveness, too. I think that he'll continue to throw the ball (remember: Rodgers's big numbers were rarely bolstered by elite passing yardage!) for good yardage, and he'll still get TDs in this system. Overall, I think that he'll put up some consistent top 16 numbers. I'd buy and even potentially start him this week against NO. Then, the Packers on bye. He should be in very solid shape following that.

That being said, let's list the reasons for concern.

1) Injuries on the O-line. Same concern for Rodgers, but Rodgers has arguably the most uncanny and the most developed sixth sense for feeling pressure. As much as defenses got to Rodgers, it will burn Hundley even more. Result: more INTs.

2) Red zone. The Packers were, I believe, the #1 team in terms of converting red zone possessions into TDs -- and most of them were passing. I don't see Hundley jumping in and having the same success. Result: fewer TDs.

3) Play calling. Rodgers mastered this offense and reading defenses. That's a skill that only some have and is only acquired by anyone through game experience. Obviously, Hundley isn't close to there yet. Result: more missed plays.

That being said, it's no shock that the reasons for concern can be summed up in the following way: Hundley will produce worse statistical numbers -- by likely a good margin -- than Rodgers. But, aside from maybe a couple of other NFL QBs, that's the same with every other QB in the league. Big picture: the ingredients are all there for Hundley to be very successful (read: reliable QB2 with QB1 upside) right away. So, as I noted above, I'm buying.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:37 pm

GB's OL is the major concern here, Hundley is mobile but GB's OL was one of the league's best and now it's in ruins.

He has 1 year left on his contract but if he plays well in Rodgers' stead, you're looking at the next Jimmy G type scenario possibly.

I picked him up as a flier in both my 2QB and SF leagues, excited to see if he's legit.

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:21 pm

Not sure why people are predicting GB WR/RB in his stead. I created this thread to discuss Hundley and his future prospects, particularly after this year.

Will he show enough to be traded to a team as their future no.1? If so who do you see him going to?

NYJ, CLE, MIA, PIT, BUF, SF, JAC, WAS off the top of my head might be interested next year... best case scenario imo is the Jags moving on from Bortles.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:13 am

Jason3123 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:36 pm Jordy stays the same in my opinion.
Jordy takes a hit, same as Adams. All those TDs Nelson and Adams have been racking up? That scoring pace falls off a cliff starting now. They were both on pace for double-digit scores. That ain't happening now. No way.

The offense's snap-count will drop significantly as the coaches slow drives down to make life easier for Hundley as a game-manager, and Hundley will dink and dunk all Sunday. This means less stat opportunities for everyone, except maybe the RBs.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:18 am

pokerface40 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:21 pm Not sure why people are predicting GB WR/RB in his stead. I created this thread to discuss Hundley and his future prospects, particularly after this year.

Will he show enough to be traded to a team as their future no.1? If so who do you see him going to?

NYJ, CLE, MIA, PIT, BUF, SF, JAC, WAS off the top of my head might be interested next year... best case scenario imo is the Jags moving on from Bortles.
In superflex he may be worth starting as a running QB. That line isn't great and he likely hasn't got the same feel for sliding around the pocket that ARod does so he is more likely to take off. Could mean some big rushing days and/or a short tenure as starter because of the hits he might take.
I liked him as a prospect but big difference between pre-season NFL defense and regular season NFL defense...wait and see i guess and find out how much he has picked up from the bench and practices
As for the future...tough year to be a FA QB and he will have to really show up to be considered a legit option imo...like GB makes the playoffs good. Realistically there are 4-5 QBs coming out that are looking like potential 1st rounders and a few more likely to surprise. Even if the Jags move on, Chiefs give reins to Mahomes, the Cards opt out of Palmer and and and...just means there are more attractive FA options as bridges than Hundley unless he plays lights out. Cousins is likely a FA so I would imagine he will be everyone's top QB option.
So to answer unless Hundley is spectacular in place of ARod his future is probably backing up or a bridge to a 1st round rookie. If he is spectacular...who knows but he has 10 games to audition for that...projecting it now is really tough without knowing which teams implode/explode down the stretch
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Stevens61310
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Stevens61310 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:42 am

pokerface40 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:21 pm Not sure why people are predicting GB WR/RB in his stead. I created this thread to discuss Hundley and his future prospects, particularly after this year.

Actually my post is about the future prospects of Hundley--. I will reiterate what I said in my post. When he was drafted I had him ranked as the #2 QB that year (yes even above Mariotta). When it was GB that drafted him I realized in all likelihood he was being drafted to be traded. Although no injury is a good thing this does give Hundley a chance to show what he has and if he was worth my thoughts.

To go one step further than my original post I think he will do well enough to get some considerable trade attention. And if he does get traded--which i believe will happen--SF was actually the first team that came to mind. Although Jax is a strong second. But it wouldn't shock me yo see him go to AZ or Clev. And I know I maybe the only one thinking this but maybe--just maybe--Eli is almost done in NY

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:31 am

Right now, the 2018 QBs have really taken a step back:

- Darnold has not looked like the 1st overall hype he's received.
- Allen has been an absolute nightmare for the preseason hype he generated.
- Rosen has thrown the ball 40+ times a game, I think his draft stock has improved the most but does he have the personality that teams like. I imagine he's going to be a pretty divisive player when it comes to teams evaluating him on and off the field.
- Jackson, Heisman winner but Louisville hasn't looked good this year and Petrino's QBs have all made the league but none have stuck....GRANTED, none have ever been Lamar Jackson
- Mayfield, could be the darkhorse, heard comparisons to Russell Wilson.

I think Hundley has a fantastic audition/opportunity, we all saw how ga-ga the league became over AJ McCarron....and the dude hasn't thrown a regular-season pass in 2 YEARS! Especially with what we've seen from Osweiler/Savage/Glennon....getting solid tape on Hundley that everyone can see will be big IMO.

I don't know if Hundley will be good, but the opportunity is there for him to create a future for himself outside of Green Bay.

Dependent on how they finish this year you could have all these teams looking for new QB talent:
- NFC WEST - AZ/SF
- NFC South - NO
- NFC EAST - Redskins/Giants
- AFC EAST - Miami/NYJ
- AFC North - PIT/BAL/CIN/CLE
- AFC SOUTH - JAX
- AFC WEST - SD/DEN

cweds
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby cweds » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:32 pm

Playing devil's advocate here. Rodgers doesn't tend to put up large yardage numbers but is very efficient in the RZ. As a Packers fan who watches every game it sure seems like they go very conservative once they have the lead. If we assume Hundley will be less efficient in the RZ then we could assume they'll spend less time leading and maybe that means more long drives and higher yardage totals to partially offset the lower TD totals?
Team 1 (3rd Season):
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr
Start QB,2RB,2WR,TE,FLEX
24 Man Active Roster
QB: Wilson, Wentz
RB: Freeman, D. Cook, Jamal Williams, Carson, AP, Lindsay, RJ
WR: Adams, T. Hill, Thielen, M. Bryant, Golladay, Trequan Smith, Pettis, MVS, J'mon Moore, C. Williams
TE: Olsen, Gescicki, Ebron, J. Smith
2019: 1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Team 2 (2nd season):
12 team 4pt Pass TDs/.5ppr
Start QB,2RB,2WR,TE,3FLEX
25 Man Active Roster/3 IR spots
QB: Mariota, Roethlisberger, Trubisky
RB: DJ, Guice, Penny, Royce Freeman, Conner, Carson, Kelly, Dixon, Morris
WR: Allen, JJSS, Landry, Robinson, Watkins, Godwin, Callaway, Allison, Doctson, J. Moore, MVS
TE: Kelce, Njoku

dipANDglide
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dipANDglide » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:14 pm

Hundley was a Matt Waldman fav. I snagged him and have been holding in all my 2qb/sflex leagues for the past couple years. I hope the kid goes out and earns himself a starter job somewhere in the next year or two.