Tyler Eifert

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Tyler Eifert

Postby kamihamster » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:21 pm

He's on the IR again. His back is hurt again. In the few games he played he didn't look good. The guy doesn't seem to ever be healthy. As a frustrated owner should I sell for what I can get? Or just hold to see if any value can be recouped? Is he a drop candidate? Let's discuss this frustrating fellow.
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

PingPwng
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Tyler Eifert

Postby PingPwng » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:32 pm

I dropped him. The empty roster spot was worth more to me to pick up somebody on waivers or free agency.
Waiver Warriors|12 Teams|1PPR|1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLEX/1K/1DEF Roster 21 '14 R/U '17 Champ No '18 picks
QB:C. Newton/J. Goff
RB:T. Gurley/L. Bell NA/M. Mack/J. Mixon/S. Michel/K. Drake/R. Penny
WR:M. Evans/O. Beckham/T. Hill/ T. Boyd/A. Robinson/C. Godwin/D. Westbrook/A. Callaway
TE: I. Thomas/C. Brate/H. Henry (IR) K - M. Prater DEF - CHI

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:38 pm

You'd have to be in a very shallow league to drop him. I'd look to move at the earliest sign of value. Maybe this offseason someone is willing to take a chance on him, or maybe he has a couple of nice games early next year. As a current owner, you know he's just an instant away from injury but maybe someone who hasn't had to hold him will be more forgiving.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:02 pm

If your still holding....you've likely been overvaluing for the last few years is my opinion. Seems to me like there's been a buyer in most leagues, but the eifert owner wants a kings ransom for a guy who's had a handful of good games over a large sample size.

Don't think he's droppable personally, but a 2nd is not a bad offer for this guy, yet owners feel insulted when that offer shows up.

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:14 pm

Took a 2nd and Jatavis Brown for him. I agree with sloth8u. A second is reasonable and maybe you can get a piece too.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:25 pm

Still super talented.. But literally never healthy. I own him in one league (2TE).. Best offer was a 3rd so I am holding.

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:08 pm

If you own you need to send out some offers and quickly. It's disc surgery and some in CIN are already reporting (it's the local sports media so maybe speculating is a better word than reporting) that he may be done. His name value is still high; package him with a player with high hype and get another solid piece for your team if you still own.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:33 pm

Eifert was drastically overvalued in 2015 thanks to a million TDs without much yardage. He's far from a drop, though. If these forums are any indication, it sounds like he's a solid buy at this point. If you can pay a 2nd for him, there's a good chance you profit, especially since he's a free agent and could end up signing with a good team.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:52 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:33 pm Eifert was drastically overvalued in 2015 thanks to a million TDs without much yardage. He's far from a drop, though. If these forums are any indication, it sounds like he's a solid buy at this point. If you can pay a 2nd for him, there's a good chance you profit, especially since he's a free agent and could end up signing with a good team.
I agree with you. Time to buy low.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:33 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:33 pm Eifert was drastically overvalued in 2015 thanks to a million TDs without much yardage. He's far from a drop, though. If these forums are any indication, it sounds like he's a solid buy at this point. If you can pay a 2nd for him, there's a good chance you profit, especially since he's a free agent and could end up signing with a good team.
The problem isn't the team, or Eifert's talent and ability. The 2015 season isn't even related to this.

This is the 3rd back surgery of Eifert's career. And that's on top of a gang of other injuries. There's no denying what Eifert can do when healthy, but the reality is approaching that he may not have a long-term future in the NFL.

He's far from a drop, but his value is going to be low for good reason. And given that you can find healthier, higher upside TE's for the same price, it may not be that wise of an investment.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:43 pm

Well we won't see him as a Bengal again, .. wonder where he'll go..
@PlankMelody

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:16 am

So immensely talented, but I think his '15 season is what we remember him buy. I try to give players the benefit when it comes to labeling them as injury prone, but if Eifert isn't injury prone then nobody is. Plus multiple back surgeries and disc issues is no joke, take it from someone who has back problems.

I've seen Eifert outright dropped in one of my leagues. I own him in 2 leagues and will hold in a 12x28 but may drop in a 12x25 SF league since rosters are shallower once you factor in all the QBs. At this point I'm more interested in Kroft than I am in Eifert.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

PingPwng
Role Player
Role Player

Postby PingPwng » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:00 am

My league is 12x21. I dropped him outright and he cleared waivers with no bids. Nobody will pick him up in my league. Like I said, the free roster spot is worth more.
Waiver Warriors|12 Teams|1PPR|1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLEX/1K/1DEF Roster 21 '14 R/U '17 Champ No '18 picks
QB:C. Newton/J. Goff
RB:T. Gurley/L. Bell NA/M. Mack/J. Mixon/S. Michel/K. Drake/R. Penny
WR:M. Evans/O. Beckham/T. Hill/ T. Boyd/A. Robinson/C. Godwin/D. Westbrook/A. Callaway
TE: I. Thomas/C. Brate/H. Henry (IR) K - M. Prater DEF - CHI

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Postby kamihamster » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:52 am

I just traded Eifert for Taywan Taylor straight up. Then I picked up Jake Butt off waivers to serve as my backup to Engram. I'm happy
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:44 am

Geez this is ridiculous. Eifert is a top 5 TE talent. Can't tell if you guys are playing redraft or dynasty. I didn't even think I was an Eifert supporter, but I guess I am based on some of the crap I'm reading here.